• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
If I had to say the worst game in the series it would be KH2. Yes it's looks good and a added some new worlds and game mechanics the plot needed a lot of work.

You took the words right outa my mouth; the plotline was, in my opinion, to shallow. So, my rankings for the games are:

1st: Kingdom Hearts

2nd: CoM

3rd: KH2

???: Re:CoM (I hasn't played it yet; but it's probably same spot that CoM is)

J0hnny0hm

I have to agree about the card system. I was also disappointed at the lack of voice cut-scenes with worlds other than Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and Castle Oblivion. (In fact, I think they should just do away with the Speech-bubble cut-scenes altogether.)

I think I do agree that it was the worst game, but it was a great game none the less.

I know it's Disney, but....it's still very kiddish. I hope they add a more badass/serious plot to the eventual KH3.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I absolutely loved playing Re: CoM. I loved playing the original, and though I haven't finished either game in their entirety, I still consider them to be so much better than KH2.

Some people might find the card battle system to be a hassle, but I loved it.

I loved having to think ahead. Finding all of the cards, and then figuring out which combinations would work the best for me was so refreshing from having to button mash X and now sometimes Triangle to get anything done. This actually made me use my brain, which meant that it was actually working when I got to the cutscenes.

And the plot... oh, the plot was wonderful. They included the worlds in such an innovative way that it didn't feel like I was just going through the plot of KH1, even though we were using KH1 worlds. And with the fact that we had to synthesize our rooms, it really brought back to me how we had to synthesize those weapons and armor in KH1.

With the inclusion of some of the members of Organization XIII, including my favorite, Zexion, it made for a great blending of old and new characters.

KH2... was just disappointing. I felt that I was watching the movie while playing, and I hate that. If I wanted that, then I would have just watched the movie. Plus, they didn't include the worlds into the overall plot, except for some, like Space Paranoids, Land of the Dragons, and Beauty and the Beast, to some extent. It felt more like we went to the worlds just to catch up, instead of saving the worlds.

CoM just... it was the best out of the latter two. It had its drawbacks, like all games, but out of all three, it's the one that I'm most likely to play over and over again.

Then again, I'll play all of them over and over again. But I'll play this one the most and enjoy it the most.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I have to agree about the card system. I was also disappointed at the lack of voice cut-scenes with worlds other than Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and Castle Oblivion. (In fact, I think they should just do away with the Speech-bubble cut-scenes altogether.)
Nobody is forcing you to watch any of the cut scenes at all. Just skip them.
Why should they have done away with the actual substance of Sora's interactions with others?

I know it's Disney, but....it's still very kiddish. I hope they add a more badass/serious plot to the eventual KH3.
CoM, kiddish? You have to be joking. It was the least kiddish of the three.

O

overdone

The card system is what I love most about this game to be honest. Unlike the other games it's pretty challenging.

Xirchs the 13th

Website
xirchs.tumblr.com
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

in the KH series there are no "worst games"! :D!

and as far as the card battle system
i like it a lot, requires strategic thinking
and thats what made it fun
:E

DaisyDuck

I don't know about worst game. I did enjoy it. I must agree with a few other people that I preferred the GBA version to the remake. There were certain details...mostly concerning Lexaeus' character, or rather events that gave him personality in the GBA version that were changed for Re:CoM that robbed him considerably I felt.

Though, Zexion's death was excellent (I'm so glad that didn't get edited) and certain things that really enhanced Axel's character in Re:Com (the Japanese version, I could kick Flynn for the pathetic English performance).

And Riku's story really was the highlight of the game. The absolute degeneration of Sora's character was dramatic but little else. Riku's growth, his decision,Mickey guiding his heart, I seriously did not like Mickey all that much (and I mean in general for years) until that line "I want to walk that path with you" and when he told Riku to call him "Mickey" instead of "Your Majesty" there were a few tears I'm not ashamed to say.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Re:Com is my favorite. For one thing, the organization is revealed, and well, what can I say? I love Larxene and Marluxia, my favorite characters in the whole series. That obviously helps. The fact that there are two different stories with two different characters adds some variety, and you actually get something for completing Sora's story instead of a secret ending (well you do get that) but it's still more rewarding. The card system I found very appealing, sure it deprives it from some of the KH feel, but I liked to organize my deck, for sleights, and you actually had to plan and take time for your attacks. Instead of just bashing X, and the occasional R1 X for Curaga.... But hey, that's just me.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's perfectly understandable why some people don't like CoM all that much.

For me, it holds a bit of sentimental value since it was the first KH game I ever played and the only one in which I didn't spoil anything for myself. I'm glad I didn't, because CoM, IMO, has the best plot, writing, and character development of all the games thus far. I even liked the dialogue in the Disney worlds, and they were kind of filler in some aspects.

I fail to see why every single cutscene in the game MUST be voiced.

kh=epicness

am i the only the only person who found rikus story alot boringer at times ( like lower lvls) were u couldnt really go dark form before killing every one and there was like no story while play in stages i mean fighting heartless get boring after like 10 rooms with no story in between. but the wierd thing is that i loved riku's story in COM jus for some reason not RE:COM

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Except the fights at the end, and seeing Ansem SoD and King Mickey in between worlds. Despite that being the way it was supposed to, I would have like for there to be more recurring characters, and possibly a bit more development on Riku's side, even if there migh have been just enoug as is.

vivi_07

its not the best in the series.and yeah the card system is kinda annoying but at least it makes it a little more challenging and its better playng it on the ps2 than the gameboy. there should be a little more talking in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back