• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I alone very disappointed with the finale of "Star Against the Forces of Evil"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Am I alone very disappointed with the finale of "Star Against the Forces of Evil"?
I didn’t watch this show much, but the latest episodes have made me very upset.
Not only that destroyed the magic. So due to the integration of the worlds can start a big problem. It’s one thing that the human mewni and monsters that так or otherwise met and can understand each other, and another earthlings and the people of Mewni. Huge spiders and monsters that can randomly destroy cities. Who knows what disease they could have brought to the earth, considering that they are a medieval kingdom. Tembolee a whole kingdom with its own rules and age-old foundations fell on the territory of another country. A few moons can easily flood the planet earth. I am silent about the fact that it’s not a fact that everyone (Well, not counting Mina) was against magic.
Well, I just feel very sad what kind of morality was pushed in this animated series on the end. The magical commission died, but it was put up as a comedy and even laughed at it. And this is despite the fact that Star was normal to them. (And Hekapoo,which was one of the best heroes of the cartoon, Daron apparently does not like this character) I also don’t like that the writers tried to seriously expose Starco as a serious love relationship, but this is just ridiculous.
How can you take shipp in all seriousness, if literally a couple of episodes ago Star was kissing Tom?
But as for me, the most disappointing moment was with the way the people reacted to the magic. And they said something like this: “Let them destroy the magic, it’s still more harm than good”, this phrase has offended me very much. I am an ardent fan of fantasy (Kingdom hearts, Harry Potter, Steven universe, most of all), so I simply adore beautiful fantasy worlds, spells. And then they tell me that magic is bad and you need to get rid of it. as a result, teaches, this is the most excellent and destroy. (
It's a shame that the series, instead of pretending to be serious, as a result came out only a story that cannot be taken seriously. Well, yes, it is doubly insulting how Starco fans don't give a damn about the fact that their shipp does not concern. If only the two of them lived together, but all the rest is all the same.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
The show gradually lost my interest the more "Star x Marco" became prominent and the less prominent Janna and Jackie became.
Why is it so difficult to have a duo of male and female leads WITHOUT them eventually becoming a couple? Have these writers never had a platonic friend of the opposite gender before? Why does Star, who's probably around middle school age, need to be concerned with who her true love is?

Nukara

Awards
The show gradually lost my interest the more "Star x Marco" became prominent and the less prominent Janna and Jackie became.
Why is it so difficult to have a duo of male and female leads WITHOUT them eventually becoming a couple? Have these writers never had a platonic friend of the opposite gender before? Why does Star, who's probably around middle school age, need to be concerned with who her true love is?
I would say so, if Starco had started to develop from the very beginning, but without introducing any Tom x Star and Marco x Jekie, I would not have said a word to them. And so at the end of the season their snot has already begun to cause disgust. Even not the most developed and even non-canonical Sokai, has a much more healthy relationship. And so for me Star is a great example of how not to do shipping, in particular in the genre "Geth."
For worse is not developed peyringa, perhaps peyring whose relationship interfere with the overall plot.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Yeah, the ending felt pretty rushed overall. It certainly wasn't terrible or even really bad (oh I've seen worse), but it was a complete shell of what it could've been. Not gonna list off every missed opportunity, but in particular, I really hate how they did that sudden 180 with Moon's character despite the fact that it goes against all the development she's had over the course of the series (development that made her my second favorite character next to Marco). It was completely unnecessary and could've been written any number of different ways, while actually rounding out Moon's arc in a satisfying way. Mina is a bigoted a**hole, and a much weaker final villain than the previous two. Starco becoming a thing in the manner and circumstance that it did was headache inducing, but after seeing how much of an impact the rabid Starco fans had on the creators back in season 2, I'm not all that surprised. Still, they work best as friends, not necessarily a couple (especially after Star has shown numerous times that she sucks at being in a consistent relationship).

Eclipsa was pretty great for the most part, and I absolutely loved Globgor. He had some of the strongest introductions out of any character in the series, and was truly a joy to watch. Meteora is always nice to see. Glad to see Heckapoo redeem herself, even if she and the other MHC do kinda get off easy by dying and not owning up for their past mistakes. The destruction of magic and call back to Toffee was interesting, but also took a lot of the... magic out of the show imo. Janna was awesome, really glad to her being humanized in the end. Jackie was just as cool as I remember her. And I'm totally on board with her new girlfriend from France (where she studied abroad after Marco left). Tom was great too, of course. The closure with human characters from season 1 was probably one of the best things I've seen come out of this show, though it wasn't exactly part of the finale itself (much of my praises aren't actually, but I had to mention them outta respect).
That said, this was overall a really solid season of the show, but the finale itself was pretty meh. I'd say the best "finale" was probably the start of season 3, since it was the culmination of everything the show was building up towards at that point, and Toffee was an awesome villain. In the end, despite all the writing missteps and a rather silly conclusion, I'm really gonna miss this show. It really was a positive force in the world, and those are always painful to say goodbye to.😢

Nukara

Awards
Yeah, the ending felt pretty rushed overall. It certainly wasn't terrible or even really bad (oh I've seen worse), but it was a complete shell of what it could've been. Not gonna list off every missed opportunity, but in particular, I really hate how they did that sudden 180 with Moon's character despite the fact that it goes against all the development she's had over the course of the series (development that made her my second favorite character next to Marco). It was completely unnecessary and could've been written any number of different ways, while actually rounding out Moon's arc in a satisfying way. Mina is a bigoted a**hole, and a much weaker final villain than the previous two. Starco becoming a thing in the manner and circumstance that it did was headache inducing, but after seeing how much of an impact the rabid Starco fans had on the creators back in season 2, I'm not all that surprised. Still, they work best as friends, not necessarily a couple (especially after Star has shown numerous times that she sucks at being in a consistent relationship).

Eclipsa was pretty great for the most part, and I absolutely loved Globgor. He had some of the strongest introductions out of any character in the series, and was truly a joy to watch. Meteora is always nice to see. Glad to see Heckapoo redeem herself, even if she and the other MHC do kinda get off easy by dying and not owning up for their past mistakes. The destruction of magic and call back to Toffee was interesting, but also took a lot of the... magic out of the show imo. Janna was awesome, really glad to her being humanized in the end. Jackie was just as cool as I remember her. And I'm totally on board with her new girlfriend from France (where she studied abroad after Marco left). Tom was great too, of course. The closure with human characters from season 1 was probably one of the best things I've seen come out of this show, though it wasn't exactly part of the finale itself (much of my praises aren't actually, but I had to mention them outta respect).
That said, this was overall a really solid season of the show, but the finale itself was pretty meh. I'd say the best "finale" was probably the start of season 3, since it was the culmination of everything the show was building up towards at that point, and Toffee was an awesome villain. In the end, despite all the writing missteps and a rather silly conclusion, I'm really gonna miss this show. It really was a positive force in the world, and those are always painful to say goodbye to.😢
I'm not very happy about this outcome.
Not because I have something against the orientation of Jakie, but because I am obsessed with the tendency to give heroes without a pair, a couple that never appeared before and appeared at the very last moment, as it was at the same end of the "Regular Show".
Well, just the very fact of how they talked about magic and how it was treated as a result of me personally as a fantasy fan greatly hurt me. It seems they are trying to give it all up with humor, but you know somehow it's no laughing matter. Especially hearing the words that magic is bad. (

kaseykockroach

Awards
I have yet to be able to trust a story arc-driven show.
I'm sure there's good ones out there, but more often than not, it always ends up as "Okay, we're setting up a complicated story with complex character arcs and-....wait, what? Our show's getting cancelled so we only have one season left to wrap everything up?...uh...okay..".

Kirankrt

I preferred it when it was just Ludo and Toffee as the villains really. Like I was hoping series 3 would expand more on the conflict with Ludo and season 4 finally be Toffee as the big bad.

I mean if people liked what we got, that’s fine, more power to them.

ScaredLizard

I have yet to be able to trust a story arc-driven show.
I'm sure there's good ones out there, but more often than not, it always ends up as "Okay, we're setting up a complicated story with complex character arcs and-....wait, what? Our show's getting myfedloan cancelled so we only have one season left to wrap everything up?...uh...okay..".

I really hate how they did that sudden 180 with Moon's character despite the fact that it goes against all the development she's had over the course of the series (development that made her my second favorite character next to Marco). It was completely unnecessary and could've been written any number of different ways, while actually rounding out Moon's arc in a satisfying way. Mina is a bigoted a**hole, and a much weaker final villain than the previous two. Starco becoming a thing in the manner and circumstance that it did was headache inducing, but after seeing how much of an impact the rabid Starco fans had on the creators back in season 2, I'm not all that surprised.

Guernsey

Awards
So how would you improve the arc? I really didn't like how magic was made the enemy even though they are creatures that are connected to magic.

rotorm

I dont know, but I would not change anything, a very final in the spirit of the show

Back