• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one that though the the first had a terrible storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora9890

KH1 was challenging no lie, i tried beating Cerbres the 1st time with Sora and only the Kingdom Key, yeah good one lol. I personally think that the first half was 1 was better than KH2's, but KH2's second part (after Dynemx ik i spelled it wrong) was better then KH1's. I liked the fact that u had to return to old worlds (in KH1 it was only Hollow Bastion and Traverse Town) but you actually had a reason to return to those world, although KH2 had a reason too, it was a lot........."drier" than KH1's. They both have there ups and downs but all together its a pretty good series.

And you are right the ending to KH1 is really touching, and so far it tops all in its effectivness. KH2 kinda blew it for me i thought they sent Sora home too early, and originally thought that the series was over until i saw that video after. I mean i was befundled by the ending to 2 and was happy that they got home but was bummed that there wouldn't be another side game added to it lol.

And KH Re: CoM kinda pissed me off cuz i thought it was dumb and pointless lol.

Well anyways those are my opinions lol.

NumberVIII

Oh goodness, anyone else here a big Zelda fan? I used to go on Zelda forums, and I feel like this is a repeat of the whole Ocarina of Time >>>> Twilight Princess, and how dare anyone like Twilight Princess better. People tend to forget that nostalgia tends to build games up, and overhype seems to tear them down.

XIII Nobodies

I liked the story in KH1 a lot. Of course, when you look at it plainly, it does indeed seem blank. But looking at it from a wider prospective, especially after playing the other ones, I think I actually appreciated the story a little bit more. The only thing I didn't like about the story is how easily Riku had fallen to the darkness. But in the end, such happenings play a role in the other games. Other than that, I just didn't like Kairi (I couldn't resist).

Xammag

I feel I personally like KH2 and CoM better because i connected easily to the story line and the nobodies. But KH1 had a decent story, its just hard to go back to Sora after you've seen him grown up. They have a very distinctive feel.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I did think that KH2's story seemed to flow better than KH1's. I thought that you had to assume a lot of stuff regarding the events in the first one. There was definitely more voice acting going on in KH2 as well. From this, I understood it a bit more.

R0x@$

I'm with everyone who says KH1 is better. And heres one more thing to add: KH2 can't save on off brand memory cards. Seriously, I mean it. The instant i beat KH1 I ordered KH2 off Amazon because I thought it would be pretty good. A couple of days later it came in the mail, and i ripped the box apart. I smashed KH2 inside my PS2(not literally ) and turned it on. After I got to first save point I saved, and it said there was not enough room. I then cleared EVERYTHING on my PS2 memory card besides my KH1 save file, then I started KH2 back up again and went to the save point, and it STILL said there wasn't enough room to save. There you go. Enough proof. At least KH1 saves on off brand memory cards.

Xammag

I'm with everyone who says KH1 is better. And heres one more thing to add: KH2 can't save on off brand memory cards. Seriously, I mean it. The instant i beat KH1 I ordered KH2 off Amazon because I thought it would be pretty good. A couple of days later it came in the mail, and i ripped the box apart. I smashed KH2 inside my PS2(not literally ) and turned it on. After I got to first save point I saved, and it said there was not enough room. I then cleared EVERYTHING on my PS2 memory card besides my KH1 save file, then I started KH2 back up again and went to the save point, and it STILL said there wasn't enough room to save. There you go. Enough proof. At least KH1 saves on off brand memory cards.

I have a Mad Catz memory card and I'm pretty sure I saved some KH2 on that, but I have 2 and the other is from Sony.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont think kh was ever meant to be played hundreds of times over and over, or just stop completely, and when you do play, your a different person from back then.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Whilst the second wasn't perfect (Maleficent turning into a joke, the Heartless inexplicably returning), at the very least it sported more intricacy and had some meat on it's bones.

I failed to notice where there was meat. Was it when Sora stood aside and watched Simba fight Scar on his own, or when you had to beat Ursula by singing because Ariel forgot she was not to be trusted?
Oh I know how about the zero screen time for the actual plot elements being Riku, Namine, Diz and... well yeah, the Organization?

Diz's want for revenge (or "revenggggggggggggge" as he puts it), the Organization's motives and want to become human, all felt more thoughtful and gave the game a sense of realism that the first game didn't have.

I'll tell you right off the bat why KH1 >>>> KH2 to me on that aspect.
Riku screen time.
And it has nothing to do with me being a Riku fangirl since at the time I didn't like him all that much.
We got to see both Sora and Riku screen time and thus, got proper insight on both sides. Even the Disney villains got more insight and development, both in their plotting as well as in their own worlds.
Hell, they interacted in regards to each other as well, like with Hades calling Riku out on not helping Jafar when SDG fought him. You don't get that with the Organization. They each show up in their lone worlds, detached from having any true significance to the plot and then they die, without really meaning anything.
Aside from Sora going through a mental breakdown in Hollow Bastion which he already did without Demyx's help, what good did that Demyx fight have in the long run?
Squat. It was just... there because they needed to kill Demyx off and they had nowhere better to put it at.
At least the Disney villains had relation to the worlds they showed up at by definition - Jafar in Agrabah, Hades in Olympus, etc.
Why Demyx in Olympus? Why? No reason whatsoever.

It felt like every plot point in the first game could be described with some lame vague cliche like "he gave into the darkness," or "he lost his heart."

It might not have been too intent on messing things up, but it was pulled off very well and we got to see both sides of the story. Also, the various developments on all fronts was wonderful.
Traverse Town as home back.
Wonderland introducing the PoHs.
Deep Jungle showing us people falling to Darkness with Clayton and some needed SDG development.
Olympus had Hades and introduced Cloud.
Agrabah got things going. Another PoH, more Disney Villains explanations and insight. Riku cameo we learned of later.
Monstro was lots and lots of SoRiku development.
Atlantica had more insight on the whole Heartless situation, and for the first time - insight about the Keyblade itself.
Halloween Town is about the most useless world in the game but it raised the question of what the hell is a Heart anyway?
Neverland was pure plot, as was Hollow Bastion and the end of the world.

So excuse me if while they weren't the most unexplained things ever, if I could do with KH1 a lot better than I can do with basically all worlds west of Disney Castle in KH2 xD;

It didn't feel real to me. I nearly puked out vomit when possesed Riku told Sora in his serious dark voice that Kairi's heart was inside Sora. Yikes, could you get anymore cliche?

And yet for the first time you play it, without knowing the shit fest that would cause, it's one of the game's biggest twists that unless you really thought about all those Kairi visions throughout the games, came out of nowhere. You mock it no in retrospect but it's without justification. That bit was a good twist and one of Kairi's finest plot moments in the series.

And the balance between Square and Disney was way off kilter. The only Square characters were the three main ones, Sora, riku and Kairi and even they struck me as more Disney-eque to me. Ansem was a mature threatening Square villain, but by the time he showed up after hoards of Disney characters it was too little too late.

At least in KH1 the Disney had meaning and value unlike aforementioned Simba vs. Scar fight. And then they remembered this wasn't the Lion King, it was KH, and we had our token boss fight.
And so what if the Org are square characters? With how much they moved and did and WERE SHOWN, they were redundant save for maybe Saix and Axel.
And the true plots were, again, missing, being Namine and Riku.

A lot of people say the first had a better story and I simply don't see it. I still love the first one because of it's unqiue blend of Final Fantasy and Disney motifs, but the story doesn't really start star until the second one

I just do hope you realize the irony of this as without KH1 and CoM, the little KH2 had to give to us wouldn't have been there.

(haven't played Chain of Memories)

...I'll be blunt.
This explains so much.

Axel's girl1312

See I love the First game to but it just is'int that good. and finally someone uderstands the fact that the second game is much better!(I like really only becouse of Axel) But still the story much better. And Re:chain of memories not bad but I hate the Battel Cards!! and I haven't played chain of memories.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
See I love the First game to but it just is'int that good. and finally someone uderstands the fact that the second game is much better!(I like really only becouse of Axel)]

Forgive me for not agreeing with you because you basically said you only preferred the story because of the presence of a single character that didn't do all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back