• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one that though the the first had a terrible storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Yeah I know they could have intertwined the disney and the organization elements a little bit better.

Now, if that were to happen (and the 1,000 heartless battle had more variety.. and mashing X and Triangle didn't solve just about every problem), maybe I would of liked KH2 better. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate it by any means, but as far as the series goes, it's my least favorite game. Days even looks better than KH2, even if it seems kind of weak, based on what the people have said.

Sora^Fan

Now, if that were to happen (and the 1,000 heartless battle had more variety.. and mashing X and Triangle didn't solve just about every problem), maybe I would of liked KH2 better. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate it by any means, but as far as the series goes, it's my least favorite game. Days even looks better than KH2, even if it seems kind of weak, based on what the people have said.
I you are talking about story then yes..I would go so far as to say that Days had a more solid story than KHII...but if you are talking about graphics...well, then KHII wins there XD

<3

Call me Love, love.
I didn't paticually like it, mainly because I could never finish it and that bugged me to high hell. But once I actually managed to finish it, I still couldn't get myself to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed KH2. Perhaps the gaphics had something to do it (I can be very picky when it comes to gaphics) but I'm not to sure =\

But I did enjoy the feeling of finishing it, and I swear I will never play it again because it took me so long to finish it in the first place >.<

A

Azrael

I you are talking about story then yes..I would go so far as to say that Days had a more solid story than KHII...but if you are talking about graphics...well, then KHII wins there XD

lol wut?

Chains of Memories had the better story than both those games and the most development.

O

Origami_Killer

I liked the first game's story. Don't love it but it was entertaining.
I didn't like the second one's as much. It felt like it was lacking something in the story department.

rhyth

I look at it this way:

KH1 had a really vague story since it was the first. Also because it was told through the eyes of Sora, who really had no clue about a lot of things. Nonetheless, it was executed perfectly. This made it enjoyable.

KH2 had a broader more interesting story and a lot of new characters, twists, and things to think about. But the execution of this game wasn't as spot on as the first. True, a lot of parts were sloppy and a lot of the worlds were filler and just plain weird (lookin at you altlantica). But it was also enjoyable due to the larger story, characters, etc.

And I think people overly exaggerate about how "bad" KH2 was, like calling it a load of crap and retarded. Honestly, my opinion is that it wasn't bad at all :\ It's just not as perfect as the first game. (and it kind of bugs me about how some people claim that players that prefer KH2 over KH1 are "morons" even though I prefer the first game myself, liking KH2 isn't a bad thing you know. No need to claim that people are dumb just because they like something that you don't.)

A

Azrael

^ I think there is more of a hate of KHII because of the gameplay and lack of challenge. Thats why I have the Final Mixes

But the Final Mix is what Kingdom Hearts II should've been at the least.

It could had been better.

kwkatz09

I like the story of the first one the best out of any of them. The first one is also my over all favorite KH game. But it's all based on personal opinion.

Aria

braver by the minute
I think that the overall storyline of KHII was okay, but the dialogue and worlds could have been carried out better. I also liked how in KHI's storyline there was that air of mystery around it(at least for a 7 year old) while in KHII it was pretty predictable, there was really no secrets in it. In KHI I was left guessing throughout the game of what was going to happen next, so that too me made the story even more enjoyable. So no, I don't think that KHII had a better storyline.

TheDudeAbides

Ah, destinykh pretty much nailed it.

Storytelling in Kingdom Hearts 2 being better than the first game is objectively false; it traded the more simple, logical form of storytelling in KH for a narrative so incompetently told--it's mind-boggling how anyone could consider it better and keep a straight-face.

Realism in the Organization? They had little to no intrigue in KH2, unfortunately being nothing more than hooded nimrods. The piss poor treatment of DiZ (yes, the possessed Riku tidbit was cliche, yet vengeful fucking DiZ is so innovative. Of course, funny how you loved it before); it was a cluster of nonsense in KH2. What you call "intricacy," I call sloppy, stupid shit. It had potential, to be sure, but Nojima wiped his ass with it. Naturally.

Also, hi Smile. ;D

1) I never said it had better-story-telling, just a better story. Structurally, the first was pulled off better, but good structure can't make make up for poor content. I could forgive errors in execution if the story is more interesting.

2) To me it's mind-boggling how anyone can consider a shallow muddle of cliches a good story. Yes 2 has some contrivances and holes, but so does the first.

3) Maybe I didn't define my argument well enough with the word "realism." "Fuller" or "complex," might have been a better word. And by that, I mean not having every event and motivation fall back to some vague archetype (strength of will, friendship, heart, light and darkness etc.) Your argument seems to fall on how the points were put together into the story, mine is that these flaws don't prevent it from being better than the original (and are exaggerated to the extreme by over-zealous KH1 fanboys/Nojima haters/Watanabe dick suckers) seeing as how those individual points were much much better.

4) Are you kidding me with your criticism of the Organization? Really? At least they had an interesting motivation. Maleficent's sudden and random want to go bat-shit crazy and smother the world in darkness stank of the worst Disney villain cliche. Evil for the sake of evil. Why exactly did she want to do such a thing? And what was she going to do once it was over and done. Go for pizza?

You got to be kidding me. The second was better? Also, who cares about this so called "realism" or whatever you call it? Were the worlds of KH2 connected as well as KH1's? No. Was there a decent driving force or at least as good as KH1's? No. Honestly, KH2's story seems to lack in about everything that made KH1's a classic. Then there's the complaint about the Disney characters and bosses. Besides a few of them, I really liked most of them. Most of the villains were well thought out and didn't come off as being in there for the sake of the movie's storyline. Jafar and Maleficent were by far the best ones though. I don't care what Disney haters think. Maleficent's role in KH1 is one of the best roles of the series imo. KH2 damaged her reputation badly though. I really do hope that BBS restores it to its proper place.. and Pete vanishes or turns good shortly after the start of KH3.

I'm going to pretend their involvement in Coded didn't happen.

Oh Lord, who cares about realism? I the story doesn't feel real, than I can't get into it. How hard is that to understand?

That's odd, seeing as the majority of the members seem to prefer KH1 over all the other KH games...

IMO KH1 seemed to be more challenging; and the fact that there wasn't any 'triangle-happy' buttons made it that much better. KH2 basically took that all away by adding so many reaction commands (along with the drives-which I am somewhat fine with...). Plus the KH1 Sora was more limited when it came to keyblade swings; I'm guessing to around 5 hits if you're in the air? But the Kh2 Sora could have up to 20+ swings, which made it ridiculously easy...

The recent KH pole would strongly disagree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Azrael

The recent KH pole would strongly disagree with you.

Dude stop triple posting unless you plan on being banned soon.

Organization XIII for the most part was frickin' dull and to need Days to go deeper into them is just plain sad.

KHII was a game devoted to them.

AzzurroRainrebor

I agree (to a small extent)

KH1 was okay when I was younger, but after a while, I started to realize how silly all of it was. I started to think, in sequels, that Sora would just wake up and it was all a dream (because of the predictability).

The way his clothes appeared in KH1 contributed to this idea, as I thought they looked somewhat like pajamas. Anyway, the first story wreaked of cliches and was just screwed up.

I didn't stop liking it because I got older (heck, I can still watch a full episode of "Sesame Street"); I just realized how silly everything was.

...and people carrying on about how girly Sora, his clothes and his "entourage" were didn't help either. Don't get me started on everything else... (e.g. incessant paranoia of being caught playing "The Little Mermaid")

P.S. I still find KH1 tolerable...enough.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
KH did have the worst storyline ever cause it didnt feel realistic to me.[/sarcasm]

8shortfuse

I honestly like both games the same. The first one was more understandable. When I played the second one, I was like "what the hell? Xemnas? who's Xemnas? he's Ansem, huh??? Wait no, he's Xehanort? Who's Xehanort? Ansems Apprentice? The evil ansem? No wait he real ansem wasn't evil?" lol, bt that's what made it fun. it made me want to keep playing just so I could figure out what the hll was going. But then again, I was stuck on KH1 cause I wanted to find out what happened to Riku and Kairi. They both have their suspense, and that's what I live for!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I personally, am the other way around, I havent' finished KH2 yet... but I just can't seem to get into the story line (nor remember from when i played it a year ago... apparently i got to the part where axels kidnapps a certain somebody.. and i didn't have a clue about it.. until i watched the menu trailer a week ago LOL). :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back