• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one who....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
All of the "hate" I give Kingdom Hearts II relies on these things:

1. Linearity.

2. Oversimplified gameplay in conjunction with bountifuloverpowered abilities, thus resulting in even Proud Mode begining button mash inducing. People most vexed by this issue, usually enjoy their games being challenging.

3. Organization XIII are pointless antagonists in this game. Period. A complete and total let down to the enigmatic badassess introduced in Chain of Memories. Characters such as Roxas, Axel, and Namine are unexplored.

4. The plot is a complete mess. And Sora is an idiot.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kingdom Hearts II. But to me, the story felt more "childish" and catered more towards the Disney characters, in retrospect to seeing the original characters grow and develop.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i like it but not loved it, the gameplay was fun but easy tho thankfully the final mix cured that.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
At first I hated it, considering A/ I wasn't playing as Sora B/ The digitizing of the keyblade made my mind jump straight to them making it like a Digimon spin-off and ruining my life and C/ It just so dang long!
However, at the end when Roxas goes back, I was crying and yelling "NOoooooooooooo, I WANT MY ROXAS!"

Same here. When I first played I was like where the fcuk is sora?! But then at the ending I wanted him back.

~JD~

Sora finally took off the short shorts in KHII. He became a man. God, that alone made it ten times better than KH1 xP KH2 FTW! =3

Malisteen

to me, KHI is still the best. By comparison, KHII's script wasn't as good, and the plot was much too needlessly complex. The whole Xehanort retcon in particular was pointless and unnecessary, and though it eventually led to interesting things in BbS, I think the same ideas could have been done without the extra Ansem/Xehanort confusion.

And a number of the characters suffered badass decay. Riku and Axel in particular went from ambitious, pro-active characters to, well, something noticeably less then that. And the thematic shift from full fantasy to random science fantasy didn't help anything at all.

Not to mention that there was less to find & collect than the first game, and the treasure boxes were distributed in the most lazy way imaginable, and don't even get me started on Fishy Fun.

And then there's things that the initial Kingdom Hearts suffered from that KHII should have fixed and didn't. The camera and lock on system, while slightly better, still weren't good. The Disney worlds are tragically unpopulated - beautiful Disney worlds without a variety of memorable Disney characters is completely missing the point. Level design was still lackluster. Combat was even more button-mashy then before. Frankly, these are all problems that the Kingdom Hearts series suffers from in all of its games.

But.

Xemnas was still cool, the final showdown was epic. Roxas, while initially confusing, was by the end of the intro tear jerking. Namine was great. Timeless River and Space Paranoids were awesome. And the gummi-ship mini-game was, in my opinion, much improved. There's a lot to like. Despite it's flaws, it's still one of my favorite games, and my second favorite game of the series, though BbS and CoM aren't all that far behind. Really, my complaints, apart from those flaws that the series as a whole suffers from, come down to a degree of thematic and narrative incoherency when compared to the original game.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I really liked KH2, because it was pretty deep about Roxas and the Nobodies. I just wish things didn't have to end up the way they did, like Axel sacrificing himself, so that Sora could find the World That Never Was or the whole Organization perishing. I would have liked to take out Xemnas without having to get rid of the whole Organization (except Roxas of course).

blackberi

People don't like KH2? When did this happen? Well, HATERS GONNA HATE.

But seriously, it's probably my favourite of the series. Sure it was easy and all that but that didn't bother me so much. I guess the only thing that bothered me a lot was the bad dialogue. It felt like they half-assed a lot of it IMO. But otherwise, what a god tier game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back