• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

American Idol: David Cook Vs David Archuleta

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who should win this season of American Idol?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dejah

:|
I'll admit, American Idol is pretty much a guilty pleasure for me.

I can't believe that
we're HOURS away from the final results show!

WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD WIN?

David Cook or David Archuleta?!!

Vote and discuss!!

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I think David should win. I know stupid joke.

But yeah it really doesnt matter who wins. I always disliked American idol so if i ever start caring about who wins someone must knock me out.

dejah

:|
i reckon irregardless of how lame the show has become,
i can't deny that david A is a better singer.
david C is a better performer, but A would be easier to mold and market.

i'm pretty damn excited.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
i cant even figure out which is which. I say the guy who plays the guitar should win. Thata isnt much of a reason but the one song i heard from him was pretty good.

T

Tyler Durden

For my first point, I'd like to say that I don't agree with Massive Attack's opinion (how often do I, anyway?)

Secondly, a vote for Archuleta is a vote for the death of the music industry. The kid sings the same song over...and over...and over again. Cook, on the other hand, has this thing called range , which is an amazing thing to have. You know, something that people want to listen to.

Whereas with Archufag, you have to be in a serious (see:pathetic) mood to listen to his songs. You couldn't market this kid to anyone; people would rather listen to Pretty. Odd.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Can someone explain to me why the hell people want Archuleta? He is not as vocally talented Cook. Heck, he should have been out instead of Syesha. Archuleta sounds exactly like Zac Efron, a flat, high-pitch, medium-range voice with almost no vibrato and his voice sounds the same no matter what song he sings. Syesha had a huge vocal range and much more capability, but she's eliminated so she'll probably go to Broadway anyway. The only reason she got eliminated was because the statistics showed that the majority of voters were young girls. David Cook just has it all, he has the look of the Idol, the rock-image, and a somewhat fresh voice with more vocal capabilities than David Efron over there.

Archuleta stands a good chance because of the comments toward his performance last night and the many teenage girls voting for him, but he would have to overcome Cook's remarkable abilities.

It doesn't matter who you like best, etc., which actually in my case I like Archuleta (in terms of just favor) the best, because he's my age, he's goofy, and he seems cool, however I have to be fair and vote for the person with the most talent. Archuleta just looks like another Disney Channel star, to be honest.

i cant even figure out which is which. I say the guy who plays the guitar should win. Thata isnt much of a reason but the one song i heard from him was pretty good.

That's Cook.

T

Tyler Durden

THAT'S RIGHT, BITCHES

DON'T **** WITH COOK

oh, and the Cook guitar hero commercial was awesome.

D

Deleted member 36435

The funniest thing happened when I looked at the description of tonight’s episode of “American Idol” on my cable box. It described tonight’s episode by saying, “The winner of Season 7 is announced.” I’m pretty sure I watched an hour and 58 minutes of something else before that happened.

It was true, though. By the end of the night, a new person would hold the title of “American Idol.”

Host Ryan Seacrest said a record 97.5 million votes were cast Tuesday night across the country. “You didn’t just break the record for the show, you smashed it by over 23 million,” Ryan told the eager crowd. One David got 56 percent of the vote, the other got 44 percent. Which David got which number of votes wouldn’t be known for quite a while.

The Davids came out and did a duet of Nickelback’s “Hero,” which was interesting because one of this season’s mentors has a song called “Hero,” too, right? Someone in the crowd held a sign that read, “David Archuleta Is My Hero.” The sweetness of the moment took a bizarre turn with a very long plug for Mike Myers’ new movie, “The Love Guru.” Speaking of shameless plugs, you should check out my other TV blog on Comcast.net, “As Seen on TV,” to talk about everything outside the “American Idol” world.

Syesha Mercado came on stage to sing “Waiting for You” with a special guest, who turned out to be that guy who’s married to Heidi Klum! He used to be famous, right? Jason Castro came on stage next to reprise his performance of “Hallelujah,” one of the greatest performances of Season 7.

Then, after an oddly placed Ford commercial, both Davids were handed keys to a Ford Escape hybrid. When did this turn into “The Price Is Right”?

The top six girls in the competition came on stage to sing Donna Summer songs and rocker nurse Amanda Overmyer looked particularly uncomfortable with the choreography. The divine Ms. Summer came on stage to sing her “new single,” and that’s always bad news. She borrowed Mariah Carey’s diamond-encrusted microphone, though, so that was cool. I really wanted her to sing “MacArthur Park.” Would she? Not quite, but she took us to the break with “The Last Dance,” which was equally awesome.

Carly Smithson and Michael Johns came out to perform a duet on “The Letter,” and Ryan introduced them as two of the “Idol” finalists who left before their time. That’s one of the biggest understatements of the season.

Jimmy Kimmel came out and gave a nice little roast that included quick shots at Sanjaya Malakar, Ryan, Paula and a montage of Simon’s dreadful comments about the various singers all season. That led into a top six guys medley of Bryan Adams songs. Don’t tell me he’s got a new single, too. Apparently, he does. He sang it, but they brought it back home with a familiar tune, “Somebody.”

Cookie came on stage to perform “Sharp Dressed Man” with ZZ Top, followed by Brooke White singing “Teach Your Children Well” with Graham Nash.

David Cook starred in a “Guitar Hero” commercial during the break, doing the Tom Cruise-inspired “Old Time Rock n Roll,” so it looks like things will be alright for Cookie, regardless of the outcome Wednesday.

Then the Jonas Brothers came on stage to a throng of screaming teens. Interestingly, they were followed with highlights of the worst auditions from this season. Renaldo Lapuz, the William Hung of Season 7, came out to perform “I Am Your Brother” with the USC marching band. The members of Fleetwood Mac are feeling really ripped off tonight.

For some reason, One Republic came out to sing “Apologize.” Archie brought it home with another nice vocal.

Current “Idol” champ Jordin Sparks performed her new single, “One Step At a Time.” Was I the only one who thought she was still resting her voice? And, who would have thought Carrie Underwood would turn into “Idol’s” bad girl? First she’s beating the heck out of some dude’s car, and now she’s hooking up with some random guy at a bar in this new song, “Last Name.” Interesting.

They ended the performance portion of the night with a medley of George Michael songs. Mr. Michael was welcomed to the stage and performed “Praying for Time,” the song that Carrie Underwood sang during “Idol Gives Back.”

Before the announcement of the winner, judge Randy Jackson said it was a great Season 7, called it one of the strongest years ever and said both Davids were winners. Paula Abdul said she was honored and proud of both singers. Simon said Tuesday's show "wasn't quite so clear cut as we called it," and took a moment to apologize to David Cook "because I think I was verging on disrespectful with you, and I don't think you deserved that." Simon said they both gave their best and said, "for the first time ever, I don't really care who wins, I think you've both done terrific."

And the winner, by 12 million votes, is ... David Cook. Twelve million votes. That’s a pretty decisive finish. Some might even call that a thumping.
tl;dr
Cook won, Archuletta lost.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Archuleta was Bound to lose.

All he is a Pretty Face. Hell i hate American Idol but i always have to see who wins/losses From what iv seen Cook has a better chance to do anything with his Music career then if Archuleta would have.

Archuleta only stood in the competition to the finals is because all the Teen girls go Crazy over him when in fact he's a straight up Flame. Cook Has more Talent and the The right person was chosen as American Idol this Year

Kudos to David Cook

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Pretty. Odd.

Hey, I agree on your opinion of that.

Anyway, my point probably isn't valid as I haven't watched any of this series, but just wondering ... Do they both have the most generic, unstylish and 'perfect' voices much like everyone else who've ever been on this show?

Last edited:
T

Tyler Durden

Sorry everyone can't fulfill your obscure nit-picky genre fetish.

Strifentine

Awards
I wanted Cook to win ever since the I first saw him in the Top 12. Billie Jean secured him as one of my favorite musicians, regardless of the program he's on. I am definitely looking forward to his record.

But then, Archie has a beautifully pure voice. I live in the same state as him as well, and he seems like a genuinely nice person. I think he has a good voice, but he isn't as talented or experienced as Cook. I will buy his record though, just to hear his pure voice <3

Yay, Cookie <3

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Just as in Seasons 2, 3, 5 finales and the first half of Season 6 (see: Sanjaya), America has given votes to the worse contestant. If you pay attention to Vote for The Worst, they had a fair amount voting for Cook. As in, he was worse. I swore I would stop watching this trash after the sixth, but this news just couldn't escape my ears.

T

Tyler Durden

Too bad Cook isn't bad at all. Archu-fag sang the same thing over and over again. Cook has this amazing thing called range. You know, where people can sing different types of songs, without them all sounding the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back