• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An Easy Way for Sora and Co. to Win

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while. Yeah, we are obviously going to physically fight Xehanort somehow, but I imagine that things aren't going to go so well against the Thirteen Darknesses. Xehanort can practically see all outcomes and he has pretty much been present for most moments in the series. How can our heroes beat that?

I was thinking about how, in most cases, the villain on a story will fail because the hero either used a maguffin against them, or the villain made a crucial oversight that comes back to bite them. Such was the case with Sauron, Voldemort, etc. So, what oversight could Xehanort, the man who has spread himself out to so many vessels and who's direct influence is in every facet of Kingdom Hearts, have made?

I believe that oversight is his attempt at making Sora a vessel, and I believe that will be the key to his defeat.

Yes I know it sounds a bit strange. Why WOULDN'T Xehanort want to possess the powerful Keyblade-gifted boy who had thwarted his plans twice? But I think Xehanort at that point is almost too greedy, too arrogant to think of such a connection as being two-sided.

Xehanort and Sora are not each other. Sora is as of now not a vessel or clone of Xehanort, and Xehanort has no immediate tie of friendship or kin to Sora in any capacity. This is crucial, as Xehanort wouldn't be paying attention to any ramifications of taking over Sora's heart and body. What would he possibly have to fear? He would be getting his number XIII, everything would go to plan.

However, there is one simple way the heroes can plan ahead and beat Xehanort once and for all. One way that, because the old coot doesn't understand heart connections, wouldn't see coming.

Let Xehanort get Sora.

Sora and Xehanort would then be connected. They would have forged a link between them, a chain if you will. And which character has power over Sora's memories, and those connected to him? Naminé. Naminé would be able to access Xehanort's memories, fiddle with them, break them. Naminé even had the ability to shatter Sora's heart by completely erasing his memories. My suggestion is to use Sora's new connection to Xehanort in order to shatter Xehanort's heart.

The old coot wouldn't see it coming. He is so obsessed with trying to complete the numbers and get the X-blade that he isn't thinking of anyone fighting back. He doesn't think connections are important, as he himself is forcing them instead of trying to make friends. I don't think Xehanort actually thought it possible Roxas and the others could actually come back. Ansem in KH3 (twilight town scene) replies with "The other Twilight Town is just data", as if he was confused why Sora would consider it. He isn't against Sora bringing Roxas back however, as again, he is obsessed with getting the Thirteen Darkness, Seven Lights. If they bring Naminé back and Sora gets Norted, he is finished.

At least, that's my theory on the subject. I want to hear thoughts. Haven't done one of these in a while, so I'm a bit rusty at writing lol.

Megavoltage

Awards
The Xehanorts may very well try to DARKNESS Sora again. And after Sora gives Ventus his heart back he wouldn't have that armor guarding him anymore so he'd need extra help to fight back. Like Namine. It's an interesting idea!

Tempo

Awards
holy hell, you might have cracked the code. one nitpick tho:

The old coot wouldn't see it coming. He is so obsessed with trying to complete the numbers and get the X-blade that he isn't thinking of anyone fighting back.

i'd disagree here. in DDD he states "i acted rashly. i can admit that now." he's been working on this plan for over 11 years. he's patient, he considers his possibilities. in fact, you yourself stated in the first paragraph that he can "practically see all outcomes". And with Marluxia apparently norted too, he probably knows just what Namine is capable of. I'd bet he'll be happy to see Roxas return, but he'd rather everyone forget about Namine. She doesn't even have a keyblade of her own but she's one of the most powerful characters in the series.

Building on your theory, however:
What if Sora lets himself get norted because falling to darkness will somehow allow Roxas to return? and at that point in the game, that's when we switch to playing as the second character (likely Roxas in this scenario, but i'm open to anyone else).
Sora does this willingly, knowing that Xion and Ventus and whoever else is living in Hotel Sora will be there waiting to give Xehanort the boot the moment he tries to move in. Meanwhile, Sora spends some time in the story *pretending* to be norted, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is definitely an interesting idea! The only issue is that, as of right now, Namine isn't around anymore. That was the whole reason why Coded happened, because she knew her physical self wouldn't be around to help Sora by the time he woke up and that eventually she would have to return to her rightful place as half of Kairi. So, if they can find a way to make Namine her own person, assuming she returns with her powers intact, then this could indeed be a viable option for defeating Xehanort.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
An interesting take to be sure, although one aspect that gets overlooked here is the fact that Xehanort already has split his heart multiple times so defeating him for good probably cannot be achieved by "just" crushing his main heart with Naminé's abilities.

It would be required to crush all the "seeds" too to make it really stick and that may have rather unpleasant consequences for the hearts these seeds were/are attached to.

Would one really wish another bout of feelings of guilt on Naminé's shoulders if in order to decisively defeat Xehanort, she has to hurt people who are connected to Xehanort against their will as well, like i.e. Terra or possibly Isa?

Megavoltage

Awards
Namine uses Mind Crush, Terra doesn't remember Ventus and Aqua anymore. Imagine the sadness.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I would also point out that a lot of the times people act like Naminé had instantaneous god-like powers over people's memories, but in fact everytime she had to use her powers it was shown to be a rather long and meticolous process (it's not Atem's mind crush, basically).
AND everytime she used them Sora was either in a very altered state or they were in a special place (Castle Oblivion), so that adds to the list in making her powers highly circumstancial.
So not only Xehanort would probably still see it coming being, well... Xehanort, but he'll probably have enough time to counter whatever happens to him. And he's a Keyblade Master, he might even know some failsafe around his heart/memories we don't know about.

Also I'm not really sure how much I would like to see Naminé of all people to be the ex machina to end it all. Pretty... underserved amazing role?
Like, I really liked how your theory started, but at this point I'd rather have Sora himself diving into Xehanort's heart due to his innate ability to make connections and do something inside.

Awards
I wish Xehanort wouldn't be able to see it coming. But he probably will. Not because "he's Xehanort" but because the Organization already knows of Namine's abilities. The Xehafort has Marly and Larxene, who were both around Namine for a whole game and used her abilities for their gain. If they learned that Sora was planning to bring Namine back along with Roxas, they'd report to the bald boss man and tell him about that and how it may mess everything up.

Plus like Darkos said, Namine's use of her power is long and meticulous. She ain't on the level of Atem and his mind crush.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I feel like with Larxene and Marluxia dealing with Namine firsthand (as well as however Repliku comes into play), if they see Namine being restored that's going to raise some alarms, not only because of her powers, but there's some knowledge she seems privy to as well.

They seem to be keeping a close eye on Roxas' restoration, so if they're watching for him, they'd also notice if Namine and/or Xion came back (assuming of course, the process/timing is roughly the same). The restoration process seems like it's a complicated mess so their restoration could very well be at the end of the game, right before/after the final battle. They might already have their thirteenth vessel by then, regardless of when exactly they're brought back.

I also don't think Xehanort would fall for the "get Sora" part of this. Knowing what he does about Namine and her powers, having him learn that Namine is restored and then Sora suddenly being available for him possess would seem fishy and risky.

It took Riku, Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Lea, and Ventus to save Sora the first time, and by now Kairi's added to the mix. That'd be incredibly suspicious if the Lights don't try to fight back to save Sora... so I guess they'd have to stage a fight that they lose so the Seekers can gain Sora? Or have Sora conveniently alone and vulnerable for the taking? There's also a risk of a casualty during the fight or to Sora during his possession.

In any case, Xehanort doesn't seem interested in getting Sora anymore either, and are moving their sights on Roxas, Xion, Aqua, etc.

If I were to have my own (vague) theory on what Xehanort's downfall/oversight would be... maybe something regarding how he's spreading his heart to his vessels? Perhaps there's some unforeseen setbacks to placing pieces of your heart into so many people. Some of the people he's controlling already have a history or a possibility of trying to overthrow him (specifically Larxene and Marluxia) so perhaps planting his heart into so many (mostly unwilling) vessels actually weakens his control over time, giving an opportunity for someone to fight back.

Xemnas also already taunted Sora regarding his heart connections, saying that he can't be sure which parts of him are actually his or are just a copy. What if this ends up being true for Xehanort and provides a weakness/clue into how to defeat him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back