• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An idea about connecting all the storylines in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Muke

whatever
Awards
With KH4 being our next game besides Missing Link, it is now clear that no storylines that have been established at the end of ReMind and Melodys of Memory will take place in side games like BbS or DDD. Many thought we'd get these side games and for example play as TAV in the Realm of Darkness.

It would be sad if we didn't get to play as these characters again - especially because we got to play as them for the first time in forever in KH3 RM. So these are the ideas I present.

I think we can largely look at 3 ways the games tackled multiple characters in the past:
  1. the BbS way​
  2. the DDD way​
  3. the KH3 way​
In BbS, you played through the game with the character of your choosing. Once that storyline was concluded, you moved on to the next character. Since this time we're not playing through the same story again and again, I think it would be cool if we got to play as the different factions one by one, concluding the game with Sora - since everybody is sorta looking for him. This would be cool because we get to enjoy our time with each of the factions and got to level them up and play a proper game with them.

As for the DDD way, there's not really a lot to say. I don't think we would be getting a Drop gauge, and frankly, I wouldn't want one. But I think the game could have us play as different groups during different times, building it up to be a proper game with all of them, just like with Sora and Riku in DDD - you level each of them up, explore worlds, etc.

And for the KH3 way, you would simply automatically swap characters according to the story's need. In KH3 these were small segments, like playing as Riku in the RoD, or as Aqua in the Land of Departure - mostly for fights and not exploration. You couldn't level the characters up either.

I mainly want to play as multiple characters because it would be pretty sad to abandon everyone for Sora and only get to experience their stories in cutscenes. Personally, I think I would enjoy the BbS way the most, secondly the DDD way, mainly because I actually want to explore worlds as different characters, and not just fight as them

What are your ideas and opinions?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like the BBS option. A plus is if we played as characters outside of Sora in full detail we could get to go to Disney worlds that Sora might not be able to experience in unreality.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's no secret that I generally would prefer if Sora and Riku are the only characters playable going forward... Leaving that opinion aside for the sake of discussion: I remember saying in another topic somewhere in the past that I would be here for a game where a multi-scenario game divided between the trios if they actually attempted it. I always thought BbS was a slog, but a lot of the reasons I felt that way would be avoided with a trio of characters in each scenario rather than solo characters. There would be more dialogue, camaraderie, humor, and less empty silence.

So, yeah, the idea of a BbS-esque game--in the sense of there being three scenarios anyway--would be fun--SRK, ATV, and RAX(I?). I would prefer if you could switch between the scenarios rather than completing one before you can complete another though.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
If I had a choice, I'd go with the Yakuza/Like a Dragon 4/5 option, which you outlined but it didn't fit any of the KH scenarios.

Chapter 1 or Part 1, you get to play as a certain group of characters, let's say TAV first. They were tasked with exploring the Realm of Darkness. We can have several worlds that take place there that had fallen to darkness, similar to 0.2, and it can give you a lot more to explore other than just vast empty black rooms and hallways.

Chapter 2 or Part 2, we then get to explore some of the available in game worlds with RAX. They are checking out worlds with people who are connected with Sora in some way.

Chapter 3 or Part 3, the last of the available "reality/disney" worlds where we get to play as Kairi with Donald and Goofy as backup. Since I'm not sure we know how time flows between Reality and Unreality, she could have already finished her training with Aqua at this time.

Final chapter or part, we play as Sora waking up in Quadratum. They said all the scenes we saw in the trailer took place here and whether or not that really ends up being the forest moon of Endor, Sora may very well be confined to Quadratum. Here we will discover the plots set up by MoM and his apprentice (unsure if that would be Luxu yet since we know he's in reality) and possibly have Riku, Sora, and Yozora team up to try to stop him. You could then revisit worlds for collectables as each Trio (by using Sora's couch and save points/gummi phone in reality) but levels would have to be shared or else it may be tedious like CoM and BBS were for having to do everything from scratch (DDD wasn't as bad, it was easy to level and commands were shared).

Back