• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An unpopular opinion, but no matter how people justify Catdora, this is never an example of a healthy relationship.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Sometimes the Internet strikes me, as people can sometimes run into a really good character, but justify a rather controversial character. Take the same Rose Quartz / Pink Diamond, which in the past did the wrong thing, but eventually grew above itself and did a lot of good. What we have with Catra, it's difficult to justify her actions, she was beautiful she saw a picture of the world and still did evil, as a result she crossed the point of non-return, which even Ichiha Sasuke had not crossed in her time . Although he even has more excuses, he initially tried to avenge his brother for the death of his family, and then fought with those who contributed to the destruction of the clan. Yes Sasuke was an asshole, but he had a clear motivation. (In fairness, Adora suggested Catra go with her, which she refused) Yes, even SasuSaku and NaruSasu look even healthier in the background, Catdora. did not set a goal to kill or harm Sakura and Naruto, who themselves climbed to Sasuke, therefore ran into it. This is my problem with Catra, the author wanted to make a character similar in many respects to Zuko, but largely did not take into account, a small number of episodes for the character’s development. And an unjustified motivation besides a thirst for power and envy. Someday I’ll write a post about why the Catra line doesn’t work as well, like ATLA’s Zuko. And maybe I will say things for which I will get a bunch of minuses, but I believe that Catdora even denigrates LGBT relations to some extent. ((But at the same time, Catdora gets away with a lot of things. Because we would be honest if the Catra guy would lie, people would also be loyal to this shipp. Because relationships where there are elements of abyuza have never been welcomed among hetero couples by fans. And is it worth it to show a growing audience (namely, this series is aimed at it), then that if a person hurts you and your friends, due to hard work and other reasons when he supposedly apologizes to He, you can tie a relationship. Hard childhood does not justify actions that do not have proper justification. Such a person can be forgiven, you can understand and even be friends, well, certainly not be a love couple.
That's why by the way, I love Steven Universe and the way the show condemns abusive relationships, and examples of healthy relationships are shown.

Back