• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

And I thought Axel's story was sad enough...[big spoilers]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xblacklightsx

In comes Aqua!

Not only does she lose Terra to Master Xehanort, she's forced to battle her old friend in one final clash that separates them. She loses her Master who seems to be her mentor in becoming a master. She's forced to fight Ven as her final boss
. Afterwards, her other best friend falls asleep and cannot wake up. I dunno about you but when I saw the scene in Mysterious Tower when she shook Ven, trying to wake him, my heart sank for her. Along with her friends she lost her home world to darkness and transformed it to what I feel is to put Ven in safe haven. And last but not least from what I saw in the secret movie she wanders the darkness for TWELVE years! I dunno but I kinda feel like crying for her because her story is just so sad.

Now compare it to Axel where he lost Xion and is forced to fight her twice, eventually leading to her defeat to Roxas and everybody loses her memories of her. Then its Roxas who deflects the Organization and is forced to eventually fight a couple of days after his entrance to the virtual Twilight Town. Not to mention through Days Axel and Saix's friendship goes sour when he starts befriending Roxas and Xion. Last but not least after Roxas returns to Sora poor guy is trying anything to just spend one more day with his best friend.

So who's story do you think is sadder Axel's or Aqua's? They both seem like such tragic characters and I can't help but sympathizing with both of them.

wolfant777

Aquas i think has the saddest.
Because she is forced for 12 years to remember all whats happened without knowing if it has been resolved or not.
With axel, at least he can forget painful memories of xion...

fantasy08

Aqua/Terra because I think their stories are the saddest so therefore they are tied with my pity. As for Axel it's hard for me to feel sympathy for a nobody. A assholey, poisonous friend one at that. Now I do feel sorry for his human self Lea and Isa to. Really all the human-selves of the org members that appeared in BBS. Except for Braig. He has a lot to answer for. I hate what Lea and the others are going to turn into. Such evil bastards. Especially when they were such good people before MX came and f-up their lives.

Awards
Hers was very sad. But I think some happiness came through for her at the end when she realized that Terra and Ven would be rescued because Sora would save them. She wouldn't care if she was stuck in the realm of darkness for eternity as long as her friends were safe. She sacrificed herself to save Terra who is now evil from falling into the darkness.

Z

Zulkir

Aqua/Terra because I think their stories are the saddest so therefore they are tied with my pity. As for Axel it's hard for me to feel sympathy for a nobody. A assholey, poisonous friend one at that. Now I do feel sorry for his human self Lea and Isa to. Really all the human-selves of the org members that appeared in BBS. Except for Braig. He has a lot to answer for. I hate what Lea and the others are going to turn into. Such evil bastards. Especially when they were such good people before MX came and f-up their lives.

MX is the real bastard of it all, destroying peoples lives for power.

BBS did a good job of giving us a solid villain to hate, no Aeris death scene required.

CloudStrifeSmile

fantasy08

MX is the real bastard of it all, destroying peoples lives for power.BBS did a good job of giving us a solid villain to hate
Exactly. This is my stance as well.:)

Aqua=Axel

Both stories are equally sad. They both were forced to fight their best friends and both sacrificed sooo much for their friends.

Kleith

I think Terra's the worst. He's trapped inside his body and is a witness of all the bad deeds his body is doing.

What must he have felt while fighting Aqua ? Gosh...

Alex999

I think MX has the saddest story!. i mean working so hard to obtain terras body to jus lose all his memories in the end? then having to deal with useless org 13 who cant do anything right. he must have had it rough......

no but seriously, I would say terras a little bit more than aqua. sure aqua suffered alot during the events of bbs. but terra had to go through bbs and kh1. he was completly fooled from the beginning to use the power of darkness. ended up killing his master (which by the way was one of the saddest scenes in any kh game) then tops it off with having to live in his own body while MX uses it to fight his own friend. just a theory here but to me it would seen when someone with very strong feelings loses their body they leave behind a sentiment (terra, vanitas) ??

advent wolf

Aqua has the saddest story but I must say that Terra's story is also very sad.
Though the good part is that both of them are going to return in the future game and probably reunite (TAV)

Twilight_Angel_

Hmmm...Aqua's or Axel's story...At first they're both pretty equal, but when I think of the END result....Aqua, despite wandering the Dark Realm for so long, has her hope restored at the end! Thus making it rather bittersweet. Axel however....dies....no hope for him whatsoever...He lost everything and had no resolution, while Aqua does. She is given hope that she may somehow see her friends again, Axel doesn't...So in my opinion, Axel's story is more tragic.

Kleith

What ? You don't feel anything when you're dead, he's not here to have any regrets ! It's worst for Aqua that can't do anything while knowing her friends need help.

Twilight_Angel_

Again, she ends up having her hope restored...Axel just...dies...he won't be coming back at all...Aqua might. Yes she knew her friends were in danger but she also did what she did to keep them safe. I'd rather wander around the darkness twelve years and eventually have my hope of seeing my friends restored, ratehr than die and the fact I would never see them again absolute...

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Again, she ends up having her hope restored...Axel just...dies...he won't be coming back at all...Aqua might. Yes she knew her friends were in danger but she also did what she did to keep them safe. I'd rather wander around the darkness twelve years and eventually have my hope of seeing my friends restored, ratehr than die and the fact I would never see them again absolute...

Axel might come back. It's been hinted ya know.

Twilight_Angel_

IF he were to come back, it'd be as Lea, NOT Axel...Also, I'm not sure that when a heartless is killed, then its nobody, causing the person to come back, that they still have their memories as a somebody...And for all we know his corresponding heartless may NOT have been killed first...sure there's a good chance it might have, but also a good chance it hasn't. But again, if all of you disagree and that Aqua's is more tragic, that's fine. Just stating my own opinion like the rest of you.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
IF he were to come back, it'd be as Lea, NOT Axel...Also, I'm not sure that when a heartless is killed, then its nobody, causing the person to come back, that they still have their memories as a somebody...And for all we know his corresponding heartless may NOT have been killed first...sure there's a good chance it might have, but also a good chance it hasn't. But again, if all of you disagree and that Aqua's is more tragic, that's fine. Just stating my own opinion like the rest of you.

Actually, it really was hinted somewhere that Lea's Heartless had been killed first and that he has returned. Just don't remember where the hint was.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I find that when you consider their settings and personalities, Aqua's is somewhat more sorrowful.

Her story had an abrupt change. It went from her being with and learning with her two best friends to her having to fight them both against her and their wills and their home becoming almost non-existent. I mean, that must be quite a harsh change, don't ya think? Her master died, another master seems to have betrayed them for another power, Ven ends up going into a spiritual coma after getting possessed and fighting her, Terra loses his body and most of his memories after fighting Aqua and then MX, her home Land of Departure has to be warped so that she could protect what was left of Ven, and even after all that, she gets stuck in the realm of Darkness for twelve years, just hoping that her friend would be okay and not knowing what was happening on the outside.

I don't disagree with Axel's story being depressing too, it's just his slope into a bad ending was much slower then Aqua's.

Sylvos

Both stories were extremely sad on both ends, really. Axel and Aqua had to deal with friend issues, cared a lot about their friends, and then had to fight them. Other than that, the similarities end. Axel dies, but Aqua survives and wanders the darkness for 12 years, staying resilient and hopeful, be that doubtful hope or real hope.

Aqua also had to deal with the other things you listed, so I say her story was the most tragic. And also, didn't Terra go fully to the LS after the Terranort vs. Aqua battle, so he didn't technically see all MX was doing after that battle.

In my opinion, the saddest in game stories go: Aqua, Terra, Axel, Ven (from more sad to less sad).

Relix

A traveler
Awards
to me Aqua's is by far the most depressing of the two. At least Axel died with some dignity in the end right? Aqua has been walking around the dark realm for twelve years (lol me and my brother started dying when we thought of Aqua seeing Riku and Sora leave through the door to light and just missed them so she couldn't leave...mean i know but hilarious if you really play it out.) But i felt less sorry for her when I saw that she met up with Ansem the Wise (whom I think had a more sorry story than Axel btw) and they both are on the other side waiting for Sora

EDIT: Sadness list from greatest to least- Aqua, Ansem the Wise, Terra, Ven, Xion?, Axel, Repliku, then Vexen cuz you know he got no type of respect! Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back