• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

And Vanitas Looks Like...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Not a theory, mind you, I'm just calling it as I see it, and I'll leave you to decide whether or not this can be deemed evidence. I was going to hold off and post a bundle of small theories in one thread, but, after discovering this, I believe it merits its own discussion.

So instead of a long explanation, I'll let the pictures speak for me.

2d7sh2p.png

Picture5-1.png

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/gracefulassassin9/2d7sh2p2.png[/IMG]
(EDIT:)
Yatsuke's gimp'd image-
Picture5-1.png
(/EDIT)

Mind you, that's Roxas' left eye, reversed in order to compare to Vanitas' right eye (so we cannot use these pictures as a comparison of hair style). Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say we have a match.

One might argue that this is insignificant, as most eyes in KH are generally the same. And I'd have to disagree with you on that. While eyes do generally look the same for each character in KH, there are subtle differences that place them apart (for example, Terra and Riku have what I like to call "cat eyes."). If you're not convinced, look at other eyes for comparison: Pictures by Sorade - Photobucket

I am fairly sure that Vanitas has Roxas/Sora eyes.

So since we have a match on the eyes, let's see what we've got for hair.
Given that he has Roxas/Sora eyes, it seems fitting to compare to those two (rest assured that I have compared him to other characters, like Riku, and have found no match).

First, Vanitas compared to Roxas/Ven:
2d7sh2p3.png

As you can see, there are three strands for which we can potentially compare.
The first and lowest strand on the right (near the nose, and just barely visible for Vanitas) seems to be a match.
The second, though, is clearly not. Whereas Roxas/Ven have a strand that extend down to the base of their eye, Vanitas' strand only extends to the tip of his eyebrow.
While there may be a third point of comparison, it's hard to tell. Vanitas' helmet may be covering this potential third strand, given that, on Roxas/Ven, it ends on his eyelash, directly above their pupils (and since we can't see Vanitas' pupil, it may be covered).

Either way, though, it's safe to conclude that while Vanitas may have similar hair to Roxas/Ven, it is not an exact match.

So...

2d7sh2p4.png

We have a winner.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/gracefulassassin9/Picture6-1.png[/IMG]

Vanitas is Sora with black hair and gold eyes.
raitohahaha

Though, it appears Vanitas has thicker eyebrows in that shot.
The only thing I can say there is that Sora's eyebrows appear abnormally thin in that shot, and we can see them thicker in other examples, such as here. Hard to gauge whether or not it's a match.

Last edited:
B

brosandi

Vanitas looks more like a Xion with Gold Eyes.

And you all thought her importance died with Days, pshaw. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
o.0 even i dont hav this much time on my hands.
good attempt though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Although I realize that's not really the point of this thread...assuming your guess is correct, what's the significance behind it?

αsiя

space coke
I also believe that Vanitas will look either like Sora or Roxas

AlwaysTenFeetTal

Also, your theory is well thought out and all, but the thing that bothers me is that why would Vanitas look like 15 year old-ish Sora when a 4 year old Sora is running around on DI?

Awards
Although I realize that's not really the point of this thread...assuming your guess is correct, what's the significance behind it?

To be honest, I have no clue, that's why it's not a theory.

Originally, I was going to post a theory where Vanitas is like Xion.
To sum it up, Vanitas looks like Ven with black hair (and gold eyes), but is actually a replica of Terra. In other words, he, like Xion, has taken on the form of the original's most important memory (in this case, Ven).

It still holds some merit, given that Xion doesn't have the same exact hair style as Kairi, and neither does Vanitas compared to Ven, but I discovered that Sora's hair matches perfectly and couldn't let that go, especially since some have said they have the same VA.

If it's true, it's a total mindfuck and I'm at a loss for the moment.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I think it could be like the dark side of Ven, but I really don't know.

Pianoajd2

I applaud you Grace Assassin. You have won me over again.

*Goes to look at KHI's Most Controversial Thread Ever*

Oh, and helmet hair FTW.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I had this funny thing that Vanitas was Zack except with a golden eye.
He was mad at aqua so he went after Ven. Still it is a joke.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Inb4 everyone agrees with you, because I sure do.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
im starting to think vanitas does look like sora =/
good job GA

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I honestly would be surprised if Vanitas looks like Ven--maybe even Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back