• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime: Basically a Talk show

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueman

Don't you agree with me?

It takes dozens of episodes to finish one single fight!

Examples: Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z (worst of them all!)...there are many others, but I don't feel like listing them.

impart

Climb The Sky
oh, dude totally. yu-gi-oh I stooped watching it because i never knew what was going on they were always dueling!!!!! 5 EPISODES PER DUEL!!!!!!

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
^idk, seems like there is something like that in almost every non-romance show. Not to the degree of the popular shounen titles, but still, it's usually there in some degree.

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
^I said almost . . . :p
Lol. though i do have to agree with you. a lot of anime tend to end up making huge ass fights. those are the ones that are popular but aren't as good as shows such as Cowboy Bebop and i believe Code Geass though i'm only into episode 20 of the first season and it has two 25 episode seasons. actually now that i mention it. it tends to be the longer anime series that mainly have the huge ass battles. i believe that must be due to the fact that they want to take up more space so they unwind and add lots upon lots of huge battles. ^_^;;;

nobodyking

i would tell you but...YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
oh, dude totally. yu-gi-oh I stooped watching it because i never knew what was going on they were always dueling!!!!! 5 EPISODES PER DUEL!!!!!!

you do hav to understand yu gi oh was just that kind of show, without the talking the show would hav ended before it began and plus its good to hear the stragety of yugi or whoever the player is and it really is a thinking game and with there being a twist in stragety for every new player it was good to have all the talking and its tv, it has to be long and drawn out, its the way tv is! its better than naruto in which the taalking is only to describe the life story and struggle of the fighter but still its tv thats just what you have to deal with and it can get tedious at times but you still want to know what happens right?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Lol. though i do have to agree with you. a lot of anime tend to end up making huge ass fights. those are the ones that are popular but aren't as good as shows such as Cowboy Bebop and i believe Code Geass though i'm only into episode 20 of the first season and it has two 25 episode seasons. actually now that i mention it. it tends to be the longer anime series that mainly have the huge ass battles. i believe that must be due to the fact that they want to take up more space so they unwind and add lots upon lots of huge battles. ^_^;;;

True, but what Code Geass season 1 lacked in that it made up for with quite possibly the most random cliffhanger moment in anime history, lol.

An example of this trend that I thought was the most blatant form of this was in the recent Naruto chapters. Pain basically said, "It doesn't matter if I tell you my plan or not; but whatever, I'll tell you anyway."

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
True, but what Code Geass season 1 lacked in that it made up for with quite possibly the most random cliffhanger moment in anime history, lol.

An example of this trend that I thought was the most blatant form of this was in the recent Naruto chapters. Pain basically said, "It doesn't matter if I tell you my plan or not; but whatever, I'll tell you anyway."
hmm i do see what you mean as possibility though i never paid attention to that detail. that and i've only started to watch them on youtube xD. no i know what you mean Naruto, Bleach Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and Etc. are all examples that clearly state how unnecceisarily long they are and thus boost their ratings with overly long battles. it makes sense in a way to do that. however it's very unattractive. lol.

you do hav to understand yu gi oh was just that kind of show, without the talking the show would hav ended before it began and plus its good to hear the stragety of yugi or whoever the player is and it really is a thinking game and with there being a twist in stragety for every new player it was good to have all the talking and its tv, it has to be long and drawn out, its the way tv is! its better than naruto in which the taalking is only to describe the life story and struggle of the fighter but still its tv thats just what you have to deal with and it can get tedious at times but you still want to know what happens right?
but still 2 and a half hours of little kids tossing cards with holographic monsters back and forth? that makes me draw the line. xD

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
If they didn't draw the line during production of an anime based on placing cards on a board, then there was no stopping them anyway, lol.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Only thing I can think of from the title was Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Last I checked that wasn't technically an anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back