• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

another interview dont worry spoilers taken out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

door-to-twilight

stuck in the awakeing between choosing the sword,s
SECTION 1 - USING THE "MYSTERY LIST" AS A BASE TO UNRAVEL THE MYSTERIES LEFT OVER FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME

Mr Nojima, can we ask you what your motivation to take part in the KHII project was?
Around when work on FFX-2 was finished, Tetsu-san (Director - Tetsuya Nomura) casually invited me to, saying "Will you do it?" Well, not as much as invitation as "Dooo it!" (laugh)

You also worked on the previous game.
I wasn't a main staff member there, but I helped out towards the end. I mainly wrote the scenarios following Hollow Bastion.

There were a lot of mysteries left unanswered in the previous game. Was that your doing?
Mmmmm, if I did something like that, I'd be strangled. So I don't tend to. (laugh) I get the feeling it's usually Tetsu-san who leaves them there. After writing the scenarios and looking at the full game, I thought "Yeah, there's a lot of stuff there we don't know about". Watching the secret movie in KHFM also made me think "What's...going on here?" (laugh)

Did Mr Nomura give you the concepts for this game's scenarios?
Yes. I got the plot that Tetsu-san and the Event Team had thought up, and went to turn that into scenarios. At the very start, I got a huge plot from Tetsu-san for the stories of the main characters, Sora and Roxas. I thought "With this on its own I should be fine". And I only had the beginning Twilight Town bit written. (laughs) But because Tetsu-san always had a clear idea of what he wanted, once he told me about that I was givven free rein.

What kind of things did Mr Nomura say he wanted?
He said that he generally wanted to unravel the mysteries from the first game. At the very start, he gave me a "Mystery List" compiling all of the mysteries from the first game. When I asked him "Do I think up all of the answers to these?", he said "Right now, I've thought up a few of them." And I thought "What? Still not all of them?!" (laughs) There were a lot of keywords included in the last secret movie, and I was to incorporate as much of them as possible into the scenarios.

Was it difficult to put in lines from the secret movie, like "This time, I'll fight"?
Well, I knew from the start that I has to put them in, so I had to put together situations where someone could say that line. Of course, I couldn't make up a story to make them say that. (laughs) I was always conscious of that, so it wasn't all that troublesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back