• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another PS4-exclusive title! KH 2.8.Its always got to be next-gens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
*looks up from playing Okami on PCSX2*

I know what you mean Incognito. We got too many good PS2 games around here. ^^ You should see my brother's collection, but cuz of hdd space I don't dare play more than one at a time. (I rip my own ISOs.)

I'd give anything to play games like that on the REAL hardware tho.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Shard, don't tell me there's a HD lol. I'm playing the original, PS2 version!

20150915_133040.jpg

(Sorry about the bad quality, I was using my cell camera in haste here.)

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
There is a HD version for the PS3 and it's the definite version of the game, taking all good changes from the Wii version and skipping the bad ones. I play it like once a year, Okami is one of my favorite games.

DoctahFaz

Awards
And yet Microsoft is able to add it to the Xbone with a single update, for free. Unless there's some sort of catch that I'm not seeing.

I think it's really just been a matter of leverage at this point. For one reason or another (Xbox One's initial, yet eventually reversed DRM policy of no sharing games, must be connected to the Internet, being $100 more, etc.) Sony has sold many more PS4s than the Microsoft has sold Xbox Ones.

I have a PS4 and would absolutely LOVE if they introduced backwards compatibility and I'm sure they could easily do it. The thing is, Microsoft needed to do it to gain ground, so I guess the basic idea then is that if Sony doesn't have to introduce backwards compatibility since they're doing pretty well without it, why would they?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I have a PS4 and would absolutely LOVE if they introduced backwards compatibility and I'm sure they could easily do it.
If they could easiliy do it we would have backward compatibility from day one, since this was always a major selling point.
Backwards compatibility is either done by using an emulator or the original chip set while emulation is usually much cheaper. In the past the PS2 and PS3 used both methods to play older games (the older models used almost always the hardware solution, while the newer/slimer models used emulation as is the XboxOne) but since the cell chip can't be emulated that easily it would have to built it in the PS4 to ensure backward compatibiliy and that was simply too expensive. That's why Sony pushed those streaming services to circumvent the problem.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Shard; once I get my own PS3, I'll get a PSN card and buy it if I like the PS2 version that my brother owns. :>

The rest of you; the way I understand with PS4 being backwards compat to the PS3, it's the processor that's the P.I.T.A. to deal with at the moment without building it into the PS4 (expensive); they would rather use emulation, but that's why they got that streaming service. They could have it backwards compat to PS2-PS1 easy though, tho I don't think it is. Hence why I'm using my old PS2 emulator (Same one I played the original English versions of KH1 and KH2, ironically) to play Okami at the moment. And why I want my own systems; I think that'd be better tbh. ^^ And since we got all these old games in the house, why not?

I wouldn't recommend it for everyone tho unless you don't sell your old games or like me; if you got a brother who never sells anything game wise unless it's big and arcade-y. ^^

Kaijuguy19

I hope Sony and SE at least considers having the past two remixes be sold at the PS4's PSN that is if it works like how the PSN did in the PS3. Yeah it's not the same as having actual copies of the games,but it'd be better then not having all of the remixes on the PS4 at all.

WastedPenguin

Awards
Let me explain to you why 2.8 releases only for PS4...
First of all, as stated before, the PS3 just cant handle the stuff that BBS Vol.2 and DDD HD will contain. Also the PS4 Controller has a touchpad which will definitely replace the touchpad stuff from the original 3DS version.
And as we all know, the PS4 does not sell really well in Japan and what Square Enix and SCEJ is trying to do is to give the JP Players more reasons to buy a PS4 and to boost the sales. Thats one of the reasons why the big companies like SE, Capcom etc. announced so many treasures lately (FF7 Remake, RE 2 Remake, KH3, FF XV and now 2.8). Currently i only have a PS3 by myself but i already started saving money for a PS4 and i am working for this money. Just get over it.

Kaijuguy19

Kaju; That'd be a dream and I hope they do that for those of us who don't have a good reason other than those collections to have a PS3. (I do but yeah, it's the games in the house again.)

Me too. It'll make up for the lack of PS4 editions of the first two remixes for those who have a PS4 but don't have a PS3 and the two remixes that came with it at least. If the X-Box 1 has a feature similar to that of the PSN perhaps they can do the same there?

Precursor Mar

I think it's really just been a matter of leverage at this point. For one reason or another (Xbox One's initial, yet eventually reversed DRM policy of no sharing games, must be connected to the Internet, being $100 more, etc.) Sony has sold many more PS4s than the Microsoft has sold Xbox Ones.

I have a PS4 and would absolutely LOVE if they introduced backwards compatibility and I'm sure they could easily do it. The thing is, Microsoft needed to do it to gain ground, so I guess the basic idea then is that if Sony doesn't have to introduce backwards compatibility since they're doing pretty well without it, why would they?

Microsoft's reasons for doing it are irrelevant. The fact is Sony CAN do it, but would rather make people buy their old games back. And you're right, why would they when they can just sell remastered versions to all those who bought the thing at launch.

If they could easiliy do it we would have backward compatibility from day one, since this was always a major selling point.
Backwards compatibility is either done by using an emulator or the original chip set while emulation is usually much cheaper. In the past the PS2 and PS3 used both methods to play older games (the older models used almost always the hardware solution, while the newer/slimer models used emulation as is the XboxOne) but since the cell chip can't be emulated that easily it would have to built it in the PS4 to ensure backward compatibiliy and that was simply too expensive. That's why Sony pushed those streaming services to circumvent the problem.

They didn't have to add it because everyone was too busy tearing MS a new one for the Xbone's launch to care. Well, that and them trying to be as cheap as possible while making the PS4. Not once have they said it's impossible, it's just easier and more profitable to make something like PS Now. So not only can you not play your old games, you have to either buy them back or rent them for an absurd price. Thanks Sony, nice job not fixing the problem.

Last edited:

DoctahFaz

Awards
Microsoft's reasons for doing it are irrelevant. The fact is Sony CAN do it, but would rather make people buy their old games back. And you're right, why would they when they can just sell remastered versions to all those who the thing at launch.

Oh, I agree completely. It's definitely not right. Unfortunately, it's the business and market leverage that will drive the decisions at the end of the day.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Somebody,anybody, give me a reason why I shouldn't crash a plane into Square Enix's building right now.
Why shouldn't I personally strangle Tetsuya to death?
Why shouldn't I massacre every goddamn employee at Square Enix?
What makes Tetsuya think he can release this for just a Ps4.
I was looking forward to playing on my sweet PS3, and then he ruins it for me and all other people who can't afford
a next-gen.
(currently sobbing in corner,no joke)
You know KH3 is not going to be on the PS3, right? You'll have to upgrade for that so what difference does it make having this on the PS4 as well?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Somebody,anybody, give me a reason why I shouldn't crash a plane into Square Enix's building right now.
I was looking forward to playing on my sweet PS3, and then he ruins it for me and all other people who can't afford
a next-gen.

you cant stop evolution. Besides becasue of the lack of Ps4 titles you can actually find ps4 for really cheap int he right places.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
a next-gen.
I completely agree with this, I only own a wii and a PS2 and I'm so fucking pissed that they don't release the games to those consoles, what because I refuse to by a console from this generation I don't deserve my KH III? Bullshit!

PS. Most stupid post I've ever read, on this forum at least.
Why would they release new games for last gen, they even have the new BBS V.2, what they're supposed to make a low resolution version for people who still use last gen? That's stupid.

Echoecho6

Awards
So mad about all of this..... I wish I wasn't so foolish all those years ago and got the xbox one! I still don't see why they can't have it on xbox one, considering kh3 will be on it bbs volume 2 should have no problem. the touchpad isn't necessary imo

Mr. Megaverse

a next-gen.

It's a little thing called progress. PS4 will have been out for 2 years come this Holiday season. If KH HD 2.8 doesn't come out until winter 2016 (Though I feel a spring or summer 2016 release is more likely) then it would have been 3 years. In all that time surely you could have been saving up $400 overtime. At certain point the world has to move on from the last gen consoles and start focusing on the current gen, and gamers have to follow or get left behind. That may sound cold, but that's the nature of the industry and has been since the the 5th gen of consoles pretty much.

And after all you knew you would have to get a PS4 or Xbox One eventually to play KH3 so I don't see a reason to complain here.

So mad about all of this..... I wish I wasn't so foolish all those years ago and got the xbox one! I still don't see why they can't have it on xbox one, considering kh3 will be on it bbs volume 2 should have no problem. the touchpad isn't necessary imo

See I can understand Xbox One owners being pissed, since this is supposed to be a sort of prologue to KH3 and KH3 is coming to both PS4 & Xbox One. I absolutely agree that this game should come to Xbox One. However, that being said this is the exact reason why I always buy a PlayStation every generation over an Xbox. I know how beloved PlayStation is in Japan and sometimes games from Japan end up being exclusive or having exclusive stuff on the PlayStation console that generation. So really if you're a big fan of Japanese games the PS4 is just the better option as it's almost guaranteed to release on PS4 or whatever the Sony console is in any given generation, unless it's Nintendo exclusive.

This has been true at least going back to the PS2. Just look at DBZ games for example. Which console got more DBZ games in the 6th gen? PS2. Which console got KH1, Re:COM, & KH2 exclusively in the 6th gen? PS2. Which console got Final Fantasy X & XII exclusively in the 6th gen? PS2. Which console got KH1.5 & 2.5 Exclusively in the 7th gen? PS3. My point is that if you're a lover of Japanese games, the Sony console, in this case the PS4, is usually the safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back