• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another PS4-exclusive title! KH 2.8.Its always got to be next-gens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSlayer

Somebody,anybody, give me a reason why I shouldn't crash a plane into Square Enix's building right now.
Why shouldn't I personally strangle Tetsuya to death?
Why shouldn't I massacre every goddamn employee at Square Enix?
What makes Tetsuya think he can release this for just a Ps4.
I was looking forward to playing on my sweet PS3, and then he ruins it for me and all other people who can't afford
a next-gen.
(currently sobbing in corner,no joke)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The answer is simple:

The PS3 is simply too weak and cannot display the new Kingdom Hearts III engine.
And since the new playable BBS 0.2 will be made with this new engine as a sort of inofficial KH III-demo and the x[chi] "movie" will probably use it as well since it is something new instead of a remaster, the PS3 is out of the loop.

Unlike the previous two remasters, this one includes completely new things. DDD HD is the only already existing work of this package.

It has nothing to do with Nomura, Square or Disney being deliberately jerkasses but with issues of technology.

Kaijuguy19

Just simmer down. Yeah that does mean we'll have to get a PS4 in order to play this but this isn't anything to get crazy about.

Muke

whatever
Awards
First off:
original

And second:

Just chill, buddy. PS3 is dead. New Generation. You will just have to get over it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
PS3 is dead. Calm down, save money, and please do not make death threats. We are legally obligated to report any potential threat if we deem it may pose a true threat in real life.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What do you want me to do then?

Err wut?
Why would I want you to do something.

I just explained why having this on PS3 is physically impossible, which means any ranting or (joking) death threats about this is wasted energy and breath.
Furthermore, the PS3 is losing ground to the PS4 much faster than the PS2 did to the PS3.

The PS3 itself is disliked by many developers because how difficult it is to program software for it, which also factors into the PS3 reaching the "dead"-status much faster than i.e. the PS2 did.

So there are objectively spoken only two possible solutions for this:
1. You will have to save up money for a PS4 (as for KH III you will need one eventually either way) and wait until you can afford it.
or 2. You will have to accept that you cannot play this package for some time to come which when Real Life is concerned surely isn't the end of the world.

What is with the death threats over the games exclusively on PS4. Sephiorth explain why but still chill joking or not.n

I don't think that was actually meant seriously, and I already did explain why it won't be on PS3.

In fact, when you look at it closely, from a business standpoint, it was already an error to release the first two remasters only for PS3.
These should have been already a PS3/PS4 crossover title.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You would've had to buy a PS4 anyway. Now you have an incentive to get one sooner. If you currently can't afford a PS4, either save up or just wait until your budget is more allowing. Either way, you can't get mad at a gaming company for deciding to move with the times, it's a business and money is the language businesses talk in. It's really not that serious, we don't even know when 2.8 is supposed to drop.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Sheesh. I waited myself until after E3 b/c I wanted more than one game as a reason to buy my PS4. (Saving for my own PS3 now just cuz.) How I did it since I have to scrape for my own money (don't ask, I'm hoping things DO get better soon so I don't have to do strange things for monies) but it's possible.

How did I afford it? Here in the US, it's possible to donate plasma for money. We got a center near us not too long ago. Been doing it every other week, twice every donation week. That nets me about 100 bucks a month. I also got some Paypal gift cards from Swagbucks, which I deposited into my bank account. Took me quite a while to save up for it, but I did. Now it's sitting on my desk; I've been mostly playing XV demo on it (I'll try Type-0 again a bit later) and have a wish list of PS4 games I want. Also planning on looking for a special on PSN cards, since I know about Sony's terrible security; I refuse to let my debit card touch it. (I trust Amazon's more than Sony, tbh.)

You might not have that available, but check around. See if you got friends who need their lawn cut. See if someone needs yard work or babysitting done. Get a job if you can. There's lots of options. But it's not out of reach. ^^

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The PS3 is 9 years old... Sorry, but if you're serious about console gaming, now's the time to upgrade to a PS4.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Re:Magnus; I can agree, tho I'm also a retro gamer myself, so with consoles, I started with a 3DS, got the PS4, and now going for a PS3 because I got old games in the house. (Including the collections). Planning on hunting Ebay for a PS2 fat as well b/c well, that's the best way to play both PS2 and PS1 games imo. But then again, we got a tonnn of old games I could borrow at a word, so that's worth it to me.

But yeah, get that PS4, considering what other games are in the pipes, and what's out you won't be sorry.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
What do you want me to do then?

*sits in a corner with PS2 Phat because I can't even afford a PS3*

Wanna hang out? I've got Drakengard! You can borrow my PS2 to play if you let me play Drakengard 3 on your PS3.

Anagram

Banned
*sits in a corner with PS2 Phat because I can't even afford a PS3*

Wanna hang out? I've got Drakengard! You can borrow my PS2 to play if you let me play Drakengard 3 on your PS3.

*raises hand* I wanna hang. *misses the ps2*

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Eh... Personally I have very little reason to own a PS4 - it was literally only KHIII. To have a second title to justify purchasing one helps me out.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
*raises hand* I wanna hang. *misses the ps2*

Great! I have popcorn and pretzels. Just bring the beer and you can fly the dragon.

-----

@OP

Not being able to play next gen games won't be the end of the world. If you're like a good chunk of us who are poor and can't save up the money for a PS4 or XBox, invest in retro gaming or grab some junk food and enjoy watching others enjoy playing games on Youtube. A Fragmentary Passage will have like, 845788564073 cutscenes, it'll be more like watching a movie.

Precursor Mar

If Sony was smart enough to actually add more features like backwards compatibility to the PS4 instead of removing them, people wouldn't be having this problem.

Sorafan

Eh... Personally I have very little reason to own a PS4 - it was literally only KHIII. To have a second title to justify purchasing one helps me out.

Me in a nutshell.

If Sony was smart enough to actually add more features like backwards compatibility to the PS4 instead of removing them, people wouldn't be having this problem.

So true.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

And the PS4 would cost a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back