• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Re:CoM gameplay question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gizoman

Awards
So I'm doing a no sleights/do damage run of Re:CoM, and I'm watching some videos of really good players fighting bosses for guidance on how to get better. I noticed that they rarely get card broken during their three hit combos (which is what you're pretty much limited to in a no sleights run) but I seem to get broken during mine quite often. What do you think the reason could be? Even when I use my higher cards the boss always seems to have a card ready to break me. I am pretty early on in the game, could that be the issue? Do you think the players I'm watching are actively analyzing the boss's cards as the boss cycles through them, or just hoping the boss doesn't play a high one as they (the player) attack? So they effectively get lucky? Any tips? Thanks.

magic713

Awards
Depending on who you're watching, you might just be watching the players' best resulted boss fight. So they may have lost many times except that one time when luck was on their side and they recorded the best result.

So it may come down to luck. Or it may come down to memorizing the boss patterns of the fight. I find breaking them, especially breaking their sleights, buys time to strike multiple times.

Gizoman

Awards
Depending on who you're watching, you might just be watching the players' best resulted boss fight. So they may have lost many times except that one time when luck was on their side and they recorded the best result.

So it may come down to luck. Or it may come down to memorizing the boss patterns of the fight. I find breaking them, especially breaking their sleights, buys time to strike multiple times.
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind about breaking their sleights. Another question I had is how much do you pay attention to the boss's deck? Like what they're shuffling to? I find I can catch when they start making a sleight and can get prepared (flipping to my zeros) but they're too quick for me to react to their individual cards, I just have to hope they don't flip to something high enough to break me.

Last edited:

magic713

Awards
From my experience, it's more about knowing your deck very well than memorizing the boss's cards, while at the same time, knowing the boss's moveset in general, and knowing which attacks you should simply dodge and which attacks to counter and use a card. So some cards are a series of attacks from a single card that can drain your HP if you don't break it, while others are just a single hit that you can dodge or take the one hit.

Last edited:
Back