• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another theory on KH3D-- peep this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I think that Sora won't succumb or turn to the darkness because it would defeat the purpose of his role as a character. Sora is the (sky) that connects everything and everyone is KH. Rather, ideas like him entering the RoD is much more likely and will flow better story-wise. In BBS it shows Ansem and Aqua speaking of Sora, implying that he will directly affect their fates.

"Darkness becoming Light and Light becoming Darkness" does not necessarily mean Sora will join the "bad guys" and Riku takes over his role as main hero. In BBS and CoM the story suggests Riku's role being similar to Terra's in ways. In BBS Terra chooses Riku and Aqua chooses Sora warning him to protect Riku from darkness if he ever strays. In KH1 Ansem Seeker of Darkness takes over Riku, who just happens to be Terra/Xehanort's heartless. In CoM members of Organization XIII speak of Riku as being medium character, being of a "twilight" status or the dawn between the light and dark.

As for Sora becoming dark this is also unlikely because Ventus still remains asleep in his heart, making it difficult to think both would become bad since we already know Ventus is with the Light side. Sora was also the one who mended Ventus' broken heart, being another reason to think his role must remain on the good side since he is so crucial to the cause. There's too many reasons to think Sora will remain the main hero in Light and Riku to continue on controlling his fear or situation with his darkness. I think too that the only reason why Vanitas looks like Sora is because of his "heart" situation with Ventus. We know Sora came after Vanitas was extracted from Ven and we also know that he didn't always have Sora's face. At first Vanitas was just a form of the unversed emotions being manifested as the darkness from Ventus' heart. His face didn't start to change until after Sora helped Ventus' heart suggesting that it is a result of the heart- sharing between the two. Sora's nobody (Roxas) looks like Ventus simply because Ven is in his heart, affecting the appearance of Roxas just like how Sora affects the appearance of Vanitas. If you research Vanitas' character you will see he 'regains' parts or things of Ventus as time and story passes in BBS allowing time for the part of Sora in Ven's heart to affect Vanitas.

I personally think Vanitas simply shares appearance with Sora, just as how like Ven with Roxas, I don't think it has anything to do with Sora becoming dark. In addition, Sora probably is the one that saves Aqua, Ven, and Terra. In Blank Points(BBS) Aqua, Ven, and Terra all say Sora's name at the end, not Riku's.

So,... I think that in KH3D Sora won't turn dark but will probably end up in the RoD or something else (either way he probably will have something to do with the RoD at some point because of the story). Or maybe it is something in addition to the RoD or more: in KH1 when Kairi's grandmother is speaking to her and explaining the story of KH to her in the Radiant Garden(Hallow Bastion at time of KH1) she mentions that "the true light" now is sleeping in the deepest of darkness waiting. Sora continuously has references that he may be the one to revive that light. This would make sense and flow with an idea of Sora having to go into the darkness (not to fall) but to get to the light within it. Also maybe, KH3D will have something to do with Sora and Ventus. Ven is asleep inside Sora and Sora must fall asleep to enter the dream worlds of KH3D. Just sayin that's what i may be thinking...

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Edit that and make some paragraphs. It would be much better if you did.

Wall of text = Bad

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This is unpleasing to my eyes, please edit.

BTW, welcome to KHI! :D

Love Machine

strut strut strut
As with your theory, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "everyone being KH" and "Sora being the 'sky'"

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yes sorry about the text. The word Sora in Japanese means sky. Most important characters in KH are all connected somehow to Sora, even villains and less crucial characters are all connected to him in someway.

In the story you will find puns too of Sora's name meaning and being conceptually related to the sky, everything takes place under the same sky. Sora being that sky, is connected to everything in the story. Also most everyone can be in some way connected to him.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
"One sky, one destiny" Yeah. Everything is under the same sky. Sora's name is just how he connects everything, much to Link's name in The Legend of Zelda series. His name most likely has nothing to do with the main story, and I doubt it affects it at all.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yes. Im not saying his name is the main point of the story or affects it, but it is just symbolic, yes. But he kinda is connected to everyone in the story, good and bad. He also too is the character that determines the fate of a lot of things.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I completely agree with you.

But I have to point out that most of your original post (OP) is just a bunch of facts that we already know of.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yes I know i just wanted to bring them up because of the idea of Sora becoming a bad guy is very unlikely and probably won't happen in KH3D and that there's still a lot of other things story wise that can happen that would make sense without sora "falling" to darkness.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Sora will always be the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series, so I, too, completely doubt him becoming a villain.

Ruran

Awards
I think that Sora won't succumb or turn to the darkness because it would defeat the purpose of his role as a character. Sora is the (sky) that connects everything and everyone is KH. Rather, ideas like him entering the RoD is much more likely and will flow better story-wise. In BBS it shows Ansem and Aqua speaking of Sora, implying that he will directly affect their fates. "Darkness becoming Light and Light becoming Darkness" does not necessarily mean Sora will join the "bad guys" and Riku takes over his role as main hero.

Much of these theory is implying that darkness=bad, which it doesn't. Hypothetically speaking, if Sora were to go over to the "dark side" it doesn't mean he would become evil. Most of the talk about Riku becoming the main hero is in reference to a short scenario like the one Roxas had at the beginning of KH2.

In BBS and CoM the story suggests Riku's role being similar to Terra's in ways. In BBS Terra chooses Riku and Aqua chooses Sora warning him to protect Riku from darkness if he ever strays. In KH1 Ansem Seeker of Darkness takes over Riku, who just happens to be Terra/Xehanort's heartless. In CoM members of Organization XIII speak of Riku as being medium character, being of a "twilight" status or the dawn between the light and dark.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here? Are you saying that Riku can't be the main character because he's not completely affiliated with light?

As for Sora becoming dark this is also unlikely because Ventus still remains asleep in his heart, making it difficult to think both would become bad since we already know Ventus is with the Light side. Sora was also the one who mended Ventus' broken heart, being another reason to think his role must remain on the good side since he is so crucial to the cause.

Darkness no equal bad. If Sora were to turn to darkness it shouldn't affect Ven's heart and Ven's heart doesn't protect Sora's heart from the darkness.

There's too many reasons to think Sora will remain the main hero in Light and Riku to continue on controlling his fear or situation with his darkness. I think too that the only reason why Vanitas looks like Sora is because of his "heart" situation with Ventus. We know Sora came after Vanitas was extracted from Ven and we also know that he didn't always have Sora's face. At first Vanitas was just a form of the unversed emotions being manifested as the darkness from Ventus' heart. His face didn't start to change until after Sora helped Ventus' heart suggesting that it is a result of the heart- sharing between the two. Sora's nobody (Roxas) looks like Ventus simply because Ven is in his heart, affecting the appearance of Roxas just like how Sora affects the appearance of Vanitas.

No one knows what Vanitas looked like at first. He looks like Sora because Ven's broken hearts connected to Sora's newly born heart. Roxas looks like Ven because when Sora became a Heartless Ven's hearts stayed with his body which went on to become Roxas.

If you research Vanitas' character you will see he 'regains' parts or things of Ventus as time and story passes in BBS allowing time for the part of Sora in Ven's heart to affect Vanitas.

...What?

I personally think Vanitas simply shares appearance with Sora, just as how like Ven with Roxas, I don't think it has anything to do with Sora becoming dark. In addition, Sora probably is the one that saves Aqua, Ven, and Terra. In Blank Points(BBS) Aqua, Ven, and Terra all say Sora's name at the end, not Riku's. So,... I think that in KH3D Sora won't turn dark but will probably end up in the RoD or something else (either way he probably will have something to do with the RoD at some point because of the story).

Ven and Roxas's situation is different from Sora and Vanitas's. Yes, Sora is supposed to be the that saves everyone and Riku will most likely help.

Or maybe it is something in addition to the RoD or more: in KH1 when Kairi's grandmother is speaking to her and explaining the story of KH to her in the Radiant Garden(Hallow Bastion at time of KH1) she mentions that "the true light" now is sleeping in the deepest of darkness waiting. Sora continuously has references that he may be the one to revive that light. This would make sense and flow with an idea of Sora having to go into the darkness (not to fall) but to get to the light within it. Also maybe, KH3D will have something to do with Sora and Ventus. Ven is asleep inside Sora and Sora must fall asleep to enter the dream worlds of KH3D. Just sayin that's what i may be thinking...

Yerp, it's Sora's destiny to open the "Door to the Light". Last part about Ven is plausible.

*grabs by the shoulders*

I have terrible...eyesight. Never do that again.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
This post was intended to show how that Sora becoming an antagonist is highly unlikely, as some were suggesting by Sora's "maybe"dark experiences in KH3D. Also too to suggest some possible story theories. So yes you're right I know darkness isn't always bad or evil as suggested by the story and that wasn't the aim of my intent.

Are you saying that Riku can't be the main character because he's not completely affiliated with light?

What I meant was that Riku won't take on Sora's role if Sora goes dark, but yes Riku always has and will be a main character, just that he won't take on the role of Sora.

If you research Vanitas' character you will see he 'regains' parts or things of Ventus as time and story passes in BBS allowing time for the part of Sora in Ven's heart to affect Vanitas.

...What?

In some KH novel work it speaks about it, I know it's not discussed in the game so it may be irrelevant.

Ruran

Awards
It's pretty given that Sora won't become a villain. Not permanently anyway. The theorize were more suggesting that Sora either became possessed by Vanitas or fell to darkness like Riku did and if Riku "took over" it would just be temporary. Just until Sora gets saved but I can't see him really falling to darkness either.

Oh, the novel. They're more like third tier canon. They're semi trustable because Nomura has some input but I only trust them but so much. I suppose they're fine to fill in the gaps until the games or Word of God says other wise.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Which brings up another idea that perhaps the Darkness makes Sora go mad, or Vanitas, as some have suggested, gets a hold of Sora.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
It's possible but I haven't seen anything to suggest that Sora becomes possessed by any of them (Xehanort, Vanitas) the confusion or madness seems more likely if something like that pans out.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I mean, it seems like Vanitas will take an interest into some of the original characters when he finally meets them.

MinerKing

Really I think the cover art has just sent us all into a tailspin of theories on how Sora will end up in darkness.

Personally I don't believe that he will "turn to the dark side," and not too many people have theorized this. I like the idea of all the pain and suffering he is enduring from all the hearts that are intertwined with his keeping him from exiting the Realm of Sleep. Thus, he falls into the Realm of Darkness.

There is sure to be much more to it than that. If the Vanitas we have seen is in fact the whole Vanitas in the flesh (in a dream) then you can bet your left arse cheek that he is going to want to make that χ-Blade.

Dark Drive

Awards
It's a complete shame that I've never played BBS, But I can see where you are going here.

I believe you.

I can also see with the cover art, that it may be that yes- Sora has gone to find the Light, and that maybe Riku is back up, or is waiting for him to come back out.

But even after all that, yes, I do believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back