• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Any Ideas..? Give me a yell! XD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen of Hearts

Hello there people. I've recently been talking with the spirituality and outreach commitee at my school and I was just wondering if any of you could throw over some ideas about a fundraiser. See, the commitee is designed around raising money for all people of any race, gender or for what ever the cause may be (with proper reason of course). We have recently raised money for the homeless and given clothes etc. But the fundraiser I proposed was a little different...

I thought of starting a fundraiser for the victims of the earthquake in China earlier this year. I saw the devastating effect it had on them and decided I wanted to help. So it is now organised (with the group) that we are having a multicultural day this term. We were thinking along the lines of costume, food, games (maybe traditional) or even art- of all cultures. So in other words, what sort of costume, food, games or art would you like to see if you were there? So if you could maybe give some ideas or have something to add on how I could help raise the money it would be appreciated. Many thanks ^-^.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Multicultural eh? Well I know you can like have foods from different country and maybe dress like from different countries as well have like a board or whatever to show the countries you learned about and share that information or like make brochures and stuff, that'll help. I don't know too much but I hope those helps! That would be great! And also when doing this, try to make sure you and the other committee members or whoever your talking to, approves of this idea.

Queen of Hearts

Hey Snow Candy, thanks for the tips on the brochures! I think it would be a good idea to learn some things about the countries that we choose too. Thank you for your time and hey, maybe I should get some pictures if it's a success XD. When we next have a meeting I'll make sure to share these ideas because I really want to make this work!! Thank you.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
Something interesting that I heard a while ago was that this guy was part of a charity organization. The charity gave clothing away to help people in Africa. The guy's girlfriend later went over to Africa to help them, and found out that the clothing sent over by charities was ruining the textile industry and robbing people of jobs.

You should sell tickets for a prize raffle.

Queen of Hearts

Something interesting that I heard a while ago was that this guy was part of a charity organization. The charity gave clothing away to help people in Africa. The guy's girlfriend later went over to Africa to help them, and found out that the clothing sent over by charities was ruining the textile industry and robbing people of jobs.

You should sell tickets for a prize raffle.

Yes, that is all part of the unfair trade bussiness that is ruining many work places world-wide (especially with things like cotton)- and is seen as injust. There's no harm in giving to the homeless though, especially because they have no home nor the money to afford clothing...

Thank you for the idea though, I'll bring this up in the next meeting too. Cheers ^-^.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Hey Snow Candy, thanks for the tips on the brochures! I think it would be a good idea to learn some things about the countries that we choose too. Thank you for your time and hey, maybe I should get some pictures if it's a success XD. When we next have a meeting I'll make sure to share these ideas because I really want to make this work!! Thank you.

Sure, no problem!!! That's good. So tell me how it went/goes okay? I'd love to hear what they thought of it and all and I think I did once for a Multi-cultural fair in Seventh grade...if I can recall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back