• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any recommendation for a fun adventure on switch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I am looking for games that have the same vibe as Kingdom Hearts on switch. I already got xenoblade but I was wondering what were your choices. What is important for me is the character development/growth and good story.

D

Deleted member 252753

If you haven't already played it, I really enjoyed playing World of Final Fantasy on the Switch. It's light-hearted but has a good story and there's lots of adjusting and strengthening of your party to do. I also think Octopath Traveller is pretty good.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Octopath Traveler is a big one, highly recommend (my profile image is of that lol)

Maybe some games like Lost Sphear or I Am Setsuna.

World of Final Fantasy, and they have the original 7, 8, 9, 10/10-2, 12 all available non the Switch.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild,, but that game is a bit lighter story-wise than other entries. Good characters, and a fun experience though for sure.

The upcoming Paper Mario: The Origami King looks like it might have an intriguing plot, so that might be worth looking into.

Xenoblade Chronicles for sure! Hope you enjoy it.

--

Most games on Switch do tend to lean more towards being a fun game experience as opposed to a good and complex story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, there's the Trials of Mana remake, real-time action RPG that requires multiple playthroughs to get the full story.

Once again I wonder how the Switch doesn't already have KH ports released or even announced.

Veevee

Awards
It's not exactly like Kingdom Hearts in terms of gameplay, but I enjoyed "Regalia: Of Monarchs and Men" tremendously and it's often very cheap in the sale (like 4 bucks or so). The story is very much on the light side, but the characters are really enjoyable. Gameplay-wise it's a mixture of Persona's "spend time with your peers to get to know them and unlock skills", Fire Emblem's grid-based battles and Disgaea's way of making light fun of everything. It's still quite challenging and the character interactions were super fun to me. The downside of the game is that it has really slow loading times and still a few glitches, but you should be good if you save often. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Other than that, "Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana" is a fantastic game! Intriguing story that unfolds over time, very charming characters, cool party interactions and a fast-paced gameplay that feels really good and rewarding once you get the hang of it.

And of course "The World Ends With You: Final Remix". Fantastic game.

Veevee

Awards
If you're playing handheld that is. The botched the docked play pretty bad.

I found the docked play okay, but then again, I only did it for the first few hours of the game because somehow my controllers frequently disconnected and then didn't only need to be reconnected, but also to be recalibrated which was terribly annoying. Also, the controller controls stressed me out a lot, but the original DS version also stressed me, so I'm probably not to talk. I enjoyed the game the most in handheld mode because it mostly felt like a better version of the DS game for me, but yeah, the controls should be taken into account.

Back