• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else feel like they did dirty to Birth By Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Imo BBS had the potential to be just as good if not better as KH1 and KH2. They hyped it up with a very well made FMV just like they did with KH2, the idea of three playable characters was very ambitions, they introduced completely new worlds to explore and the game was set up to be a foundation for the KH lore and universe. It had so much going on for it BUT, they went ahead and made it for the PSP. Now, id exactly why they did this, i have read some explanations like the multiplayer, but to me it felt like a waste of effort. Because it could have been a really big game but got treated as a spinoff, while it isnt, its a prequel its pretty important for the story. There was so much that could have been done, but the PSP obviously had limitations which wouldnt allow the game to really flourish.

If made for PS3 then it would have really pushed the franschise to a new level. There was so much potential in this game but it got kinda wasted. So many cool elements like commands, melding, getting abiltiies through that, Command Board which was the equivilent of FFX's blitzball, command styles, shotlocks, all this stuff showed that the developers had ideas and ambitions for this game that could hav ebeen better realized on a more powerful system and have a bigger impact on gaming. Though, I have read that SE and PS3 didnt cooperate very well which could be one of the reasons as the development was pushed for PSP. I personally own neither a PSP nor a PS3 however, if BBS was made for the PS3 then i would have bought one for sure. This game was a breath of fresh air as a concept, it would have added so much to the series if given more attention.

it would have also setted up KH3 a lot better this way since there wouldnt be a 2 generations gap between games plus, the entirety of frgmentary passage could have been made as DLC for the game. Again, there was lots of potential there and though I like 0.2, i woudl have liked it if it was part of a much bigger and more ambitious title.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I own both a PSP and a PS3 (I got the PSP for Dissidia and BbS). I agree, it would've been better to have it on PS3, but I prefer it this way because it's thought more of as a side game now because it was released on a handheld. It's definitely not up to the same quality as KH1, 2, or 3. I don't even think it stands up well next to 3D or 0.2, so... It's for the best it's not thought of as one of the main titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back