• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone Else Notice This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeleton

Am I the Only one who thought Riku and Vanitas were similar? Like, REALLY Similar. They even fight the same way. Both are the only people who use that 'overhand' style, they both have an attack where they lure you in and then attack, they both have an annoying limit where you can't hit them, they both have an attack where they rush straight at you and make some kind of shockwave. Am I just reading into this too much, or do you think there is more to it?

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Lol we've been talking about this is almost every thread on here.

There's obviously a similarity, but I wouldn't be so sure that it matters in the long run.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
You're not the first person to realize this.
Many people have speculated on this, and in fact there is already a thread in this section discussing Vanitas/Riku.

And they are not the only 2 to use the overhand style battle stance.
MX also fights in a similar way. You'll notice it during the fight between Terra and MX.

Patamon246

Awards
Arn't we discussing this in like 7 diffrent threads? I still think what was left of Vanitas in Ven's heart was transferred to Riku in that scene when Sora gains the keyblade from Riku, at the end of Destiny Islands.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
There are only so many ways to fight using a one handed blade. There are bound to be similarities between certain people.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I always liked Riku's fighting style more it seemed so much cooler that Sora's. I loved how we got to try it out a bit in ReCoM. Though wish we got to try it out without the cards :(

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I always liked Riku's fighting style more it seemed so much cooler that Sora's. I loved how we got to try it out a bit in ReCoM. Though wish we got to try it out without the cards :(

You will most likely get that without the cards in KH DDD, lol.

As on the topic, err...yeah, it's widely known already but the fandom is actually pretty split about if it has a deeper meaning or not, as in so much topics regarding KH, which is reasonable as KH leaves so much room for own interpretations. ^__^

Prajna

If you take a look at Vanitas' outfit and Rikuansem's they have distinct similarities.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gee, thanks Sign. =/

Last edited:

fenrirchained

Vanitas' fighting stance is like Riku's, but his overall style is different. Riku is slower and he seems to favor physical power over Vanitas' speedy strikes and magic. As for the dark suit, it could just be a connection of Xeahnort's influence? Or maybe that is the required wardrobe of Xeahnort's bodyguards.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
You will most likely get that without the cards in KH DDD, lol.

As on the topic, err...yeah, it's widely known already but the fandom is actually pretty split about if it has a deeper meaning or not, as in so much topics regarding KH, which is reasonable as KH leaves so much room for own interpretations. ^__^

I hope your right, I hope they don't change his fighting style in DDD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This was one of the bigger discussions before Birth by Sleep came out(And before we heard Miyu Irino[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] speak in the trailers).[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Big speculation was that Vanitas was connected to Riku and that paralleled how Ventus was connected to Sora.[/FONT]

Love Machine

strut strut strut
This was one of the bigger discussions before Birth by Sleep came out(And before we heard Miyu Irino[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] speak in the trailers).[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Big speculation was that Vanitas was connected to Riku and that paralleled how Ventus was connected to Sora.[/FONT]

Just goes to show how commonly wrong we are xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We had nothing to go on though apart from the clothing being similar, as well as the stance. We were right to assume that.

Christhor

Looking at the outfits and the fighting styles, it's pretty obvious that Vanitas was designed with Rikusem in mind.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
When Master Xehanort took Vanitas out of Ven, Vanitas already looked the way he did. So Master Xehanort's influence shouldn't have had any correlation between the way Vanitas looks and the way Riku looks when at full dark power. Plus Riku wasn't really under Ansem SoD's influence until after being beaten by Sora at Hollow Bastion entrance.

(I'm not even sure if spoiler blocks are necessary for this topic, but just taking precautions)

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I really just doubt it's canon. They had a good idea for a stance/suit, so they kept with it.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I think it was just a way to get people to think that Vanitas looked like Riku or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back