• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else suprised there's no 2.5 announcement at E3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xMikelaw19

Anyone else find it odd that they FINALLY announced KH3, but still hasn't formally announced 2.5? I first thought when the kh3 trailer started, that it was a 2.5 announcement before they showed sora on the island in new detail. I'm just suprised he would announce kh3 without 2.5. Could it mean there is no 2.5? Doesn't make much sense but Puting it out there...

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Anyone else suprised there's no 2.5 announcement at e3?

They didn't announce 2.5HD during the conference because that wasn't the big deal.

I'm sure they'll talk about it later, along with some new info about III​.

Axel92

Awards

We have to wait for the Square Enix conference, yesterday was only the Sony one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

If you turn the issue around it's actually not that much of a hindrance since the hype for KH III might also be a boon for the HD collections. Making people want to get up to speed on the series in anticipation for KH III and fill up the waiting time.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Proritizing the revealing of KH3 over 2.5 doesn't make the latter any less real or important; as Echo said, Square probably felt that they could be more effective by giving the spotlight to KH3. Even if 2.5 isn't formally revealed later, that wouldn't mean the game won't exist.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait for TGS for 2.5. It's sure to be there.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

There's still news to come. I'm not surprised it wasn't shown yet, but it's mere existence was already pretty much "announced" at the end of 1.5.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

I'm not really surprised, per se, because it wouldn't make sense to announce KH3 for the PS4 and then immediately fire off that another collection is being made for the PS3. If anything we'd hear about it at TGS, but I think S-E came here to hype up KH3 as far as Kingdom Hearts is concerned. No point announcing the next one when we don't even have the first collection yet.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

No, considering 1.5 isn't even out yet in here. I assume the announcement would be made after that regardless of any news on KH3.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I'm not really surprised, per se, because it wouldn't make sense to announce KH3 for the PS4 and then immediately fire off that another collection is being made for the PS3. If anything we'd hear about it at TGS, but I think S-E came here to hype up KH3 as far as Kingdom Hearts is concerned. No point announcing the next one when we don't even have the first collection yet.
Especially at a conference where almost everything is about PS4. Vita got an honorable mention and PS3 was practically backstage lighting up compared to the spotlights the other two got.

axel95

Awards

I would bet on TGS for 2.5's reveal, like previous posters have said, it wouldn't make much sense to announce 2.5 over here, especially with all of the advertising that they are giving 1.5.

wolfshadow

Also, Nomura already hinted at 2.5 during some interview. Saying something to the effect of, "it would be ridiculous not to have a 2.5 after a 1.5."

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

They will probably wait till after 1.5 is released in the rest of the world. If they would have announced 2.5 now that will take away from 1.5's advertising.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I was wondering about this too but everyone else have made a good point. All i'm hoping for is that the announcement and release dates aren't far off.

axel95

Awards

I was wondering about this too but everyone else have made a good point. All i'm hoping for is that the announcement and release dates aren't far off.
It will probably be like 1.5. They will announce it at TGS, it will come out in Japan around March, and come out everywhere else in late August early September.

Sorakh212

Awards

There's already evidence that suggests a KH2.5 HD Re:Mix is in the works in the credits of the first collection. They credit KH2, Re:Coded, and BBS I believe. So at this point I believe it's only a matter of time until they announce it. How long will that be? I haven't the slightest clue although I bet the Tokyo Game Show might have new news regarding the future of the series and that's in what September? It's a few months away, but I could most definitely see something like that there especially any kind of new news regarding the franchise as a whole.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's already evidence that suggests a KH2.5 HD Re:Mix is in the works in the credits of the first collection. They credit KH2, Re:Coded, and BBS I believe. So at this point I believe it's only a matter of time until they announce it. How long will that be? I haven't the slightest clue although I bet the Tokyo Game Show might have new news regarding the future of the series and that's in what September? It's a few months away, but I could most definitely see something like that there especially any kind of new news regarding the franchise as a whole.

We definitely need to keep our eyes and ears open for the rest of the year. Japan Expo next month, September with the Tokyo Game Show, October with the D23 Expo and December with Jump Festa.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder if part of Dream Drop Distance will be included in KH3 as a CGI prologue or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back