• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I think it's more of trying to get the person more appreciative of other characters so they won't be as obsessive over one character.

R

Rooster Cogburn

No seriously, I can be persuaded, I just really haven't heard anything that makes him unoriginal or interesting. Most of it just sounds like opinion.

Well as Reika said, what someone finds interesting is subjective. But I can prove that he is unoriginal.
His story is EXACTLY the same as Riku's in most parts. Most of the things going on with Terra went on with Riku.

Replay Kh1 and 2. Very, very, VERY similar. That's fact.
If you need me to list them all I will.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Well as Reika said, what someone finds interesting is subjective. But I can prove that he is unoriginal.
His story is EXACTLY the same as Riku's in most parts. Most of the things going on with Terra went on with Riku.

Replay Kh1 and 2. Very, very, VERY similar. That's fact.
If you need me to list them all I will.

No, no that won't be necessary. I have heard this before, but I agree to an extent. We can't say for sure if Terras time during KH1 was EXACTLY like Terras since we haven't seen a lot from it. So yeah, I guess you could say he is unoriginal. But to be fair, so is Ven! Aqua not so much. I don't think I would need to explain Ven, but if you need me to then I will.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think the problem with terra is that everything he did was "expected" so we weren't suprise.

anyways.....let's stay on subject.

as for en, sure he looks like roxas, but there aer many other things that help us differentiate him from roxas and sora. that's what made me love him.

tenchi ryu

I fail to see how you feel Sora pales in comparison to TAV if we are talking about skill.....I'm so tired of people bringing up..."Oh he's not trained, he's not a master".....what do you people need? They explicitly stated in the game sora's magnificent skill.

Sephiroth comments about Sora's superb mastery with his keyblade.....EVEN LS himself states that he recognizes Sora as a Keyblade master....and I'm sure he would know what one is like. And then we have drives and Reaction commands.....even though they are flashy, these mechanics are not just for gameplay, it IS canon. Sora's drive forms are canonically him drawing power from his heart to gain a stronger form, that's exactly what the suit was made for. Final Form and Limit Form owns almost everything in the KH universe.

He canonically doesn't fuse with donald and goofy....that's just for Gameplay purposes.....I like Terra and Sora equally, but when it comes to sheer power....sora is on par with the best of the best....Only MX and maybe mickey can contend with him....Otherwise, Sora wouldn't be the only hope for salvation

Allister Rose

French Lover
even if he isn't recognized as a keyblade master, i wouldn't mind.....it's best to keep sora vincible

Dowhax

Bronze Member
He canonically doesn't fuse with donald and goofy....

I agree with everything except for this part right here. I thought one of the fairies, when giving him valor, said that when he uses his friends power he can use the form or something to that extent.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I agree with everything except for this part right here. I thought one of the fairies, when giving him valor, said that when he uses his friends power he can use the form or something to that extent.
so basically hes' using DLink????

tenchi ryu

You re correct, but I don't think they mean phyically....its more of an emotional.."Thinking of my friends give me power" kind of thing

Dowhax

Bronze Member
You re correct, but I don't think they mean phyically....its more of an emotional.."Thinking of my friends give me power" kind of thing

Why not physical? The party members dissappear when using a drive form.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
So suddenly this topic is turning into a discussion on Terra's character?

Whatever.

Why not physical? The party members dissappear when using a drive form.

QUOTE FROM HELLFIRECOMMS:
Helldragon: Where do Donald and Goofy go when you do Master Form?
NTom64: Do you need me to say it?
Helldragon: *sigh* Go ahead...
NTom64: They go up his ***

Allister Rose

French Lover
if it was physically then it would be a form of dlink.....either way, let's stay on subject.

i;m tired of people wanting sora to evolve into something he shouldn't be. it's not necessary for sora to be keyblade master if he isn't.

why oes everyone want him to trian under aqua or become keyblade master?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sephiroth comments about Sora's superb mastery with his keyblade.....EVEN LS himself states that he recognizes Sora as a Keyblade master....

The Lingering Sentiment never acknowledged Sora as a Master.

Lelouch

I like Sora but he just lacks character development. CoM Sora is still his best incarnation since he did have some development and growth. KH1 and KH2 Sora lack that. Although I do like KH2 Sora since he is cocky and a bit of a jerk. He shouldn't be nice all the time. However, TAV, Riku, Roxas, Xion, and Axel are far more interesting.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I like Sora but he just lacks character development. CoM Sora is still his best incarnation since he did have some development and growth. KH1 and KH2 Sora lack that. Although I do like KH2 Sora since he is cocky and a bit of a jerk. He shouldn't be nice all the time. However, TAV, Riku, Roxas, Xion, and Axel are far more interesting.
idk, kh2 sounded so flat and random. at least in the first one he sounded a bit more real (he had the guts to call riku stupid, while kh2 sora sounded like he was trying to stay a virgin) i don't think he lacked character development it's just that downgraded his development in kh2.

tenchi ryu

if it was physically then it would be a form of dlink.....either way, let's stay on subject.

i;m tired of people wanting sora to evolve into something he shouldn't be. it's not necessary for sora to be keyblade master if he isn't.

why oes everyone want him to trian under aqua or become keyblade master?

You've taken the words right out my mouth....apparently, the ass whoopings sora has been handing out the entire KH series is not enough, he has to have an "official" title. Thats so damn stupid....It's like people forget Merlin and Donald(two great magicians by the way) trained Sora in magic. And I highly doubt Mickey would not entrust the fate of the world to Sora if he felt he wasn't capable.

The Lingering Sentiment never acknowledged Sora as a Master.

Excuse me if he really didn't say that...I tend to listen more to subbed Japanese than the english because I like to get the actual point of the statements compared to America's "watered down" comments....sometime they completely change the subject of a conversation. But not including LS, plenty of people have acknowledged him

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Excuse me if he really didn't say that...I tend to listen more to subbed Japanese than the english because I like to get the actual point of the statements compared to America's "watered down" comments....sometime they completely change the subject of a conversation. But not including LS, plenty of people have acknowledged him

What the flip? There's no English version of the fight. None of the subs ever said "Sora, you're a master"... EVER.
If you're going to try and prove your point, you need to provide actual facts. Your comment basically translates to "Well, who cares if you proved me wrong in an argument? I'm still right!" -_-

You've taken the words right out my mouth....apparently, the ass whoopings sora has been handing out the entire KH series is not enough, he has to have an "official" title. Thats so damn stupid....It's like people forget Merlin and Donald(two great magicians by the way) trained Sora in magic. And I highly doubt Mickey would not entrust the fate of the world to Sora if he felt he wasn't capable.

Sora only kicks butt WITH HIS FRIENDS. Think about it, all the major battles that TAV had to fight alone, Sora fought with his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back