• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsu

After playing mostly through days I got to thinking... "Terra, Aqua, and Ven are way cooler than Sora ever was." I mean cooler keyblades, armor, etc..,

Anyone else agree?

*Hope this is the right section*

They are more advanced since they actually received training. Once Sora receives full training from Aqua most likely, we'll see how he is. But right now, Sora is a mere apprentice with great power.

Kevin Perez

Sora will eventually become more powerful than the trio. Give some time....Or years....

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm surprised Riku or sora isn't out for revenge against Maleficent....its her fault everything happened to riku in the first place....

Well, Sora killed her. That was their revenge.
And then when she was ressurected, they thwarted her plans.
They went after Org. XIII because they were more important.
And then Maleficent winds up saving them, twice.

They really didn't have reason to go after her after KH2, and in Coded she dies while Data Sora attempts to save her.

master luigi

You still haven't told me how he ever "used" the princesses at all.

He lost Aurora's heart but HE DID CARE because he was moping about it through the entire game. Did he get it back? No. But that's only because Maleficent disappeared with it. How is he supposed to know where she is? The only reason Ven knew about Maleficent's whereabouts was because the 3 faries told him. With Terra, he didn't have that. Plus even if he somehow found the castle, is was blocked by fire that only the 3 faries could put out. Terra DID care but he couldn't do anything about it. If he didn't care he wouldn't constantly being talking about it in all the other worlds.

Terra TRIED to find Snow White so he could explain it to her but he couldn't find her. Again, a bad example.

How the heck was Riku "helping" Sora by using the darkness? The whole story Riku was on this mood of "Oh, Sora's not my friend anymore, I hate him, he's so selfish!" He NEVER used darkness to help Sora.

And no, you haven't proved that Sora is smarter than Terra. AT ALL.
put it this way....Xehanort was just too smart for all of them

snow_flake40

Awards
I don't relly think this age-old question can be asked until someone actually bothers their ass and teaches Sora something. TAV have had over four years, probably a lot longer, with their only goal being 'To Become Keyblade Masters'. It was only when the Unversed came around when TAV had to put their lessons on hold as they flew around trying to save the World. Of course TAV have more abilities and what-not as they had 4+ years of experience, a teacher, and (for a while) no deadline to save the world.

Sora, on the other hand, was literally chucked a key and told to save the universe with a duck and a dog as back-up. Sora didn't even know what a Keyblade IS until Leon somewhat explained it to him in Traverse Town. In the entire series, Sora has had the Keyblade for a year and a bit, and was unconcious for most of it. Sora has never had time to stop and try to hone his skills (Merlin's House in KH1 does not count! The guy didn't teach you anything but rather let you beat up his furniture. Thanks, very helpful, ready to stop the forces of evil now thanks to you...), what with the World always being threatened by one of the many pedophiliac incarnations of Xehanort.

However, Sora could be a hell of a lot more kickass if Mickey or Yen Sid bothered themselves to train him. (I haven't played Re:coded yet that apparently has something to do with the MoM being in 3D, so I'm not sure if this statement is still entirely true...) Yen Sid could have at least given him some pointers when Sora was at his Tower in KH2.

So, it really isn't fair comparing TAV to Sora. It's like comparing three college art students with a pre-schooler who has a knack for finger painting. But once that kid grows up and gets a teacher, woah-nelly...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It may be arguable that Sora isn't as strong as TAV, or at least as strong as Terra and Aqua. Since Ven wasn't close to being a master I'm not really including him in the comparison.

However, Sora has been able to constantly defeat every enemy he has ever faced and he's done so without expending any of his comrades. It's a different situation for TAV, since none of them died in their confrontation with MX, but they were all technically lost. Also, TAV had to fight against a complete MX where as Sora has only encountered bits and pieces of MX.
TAV may be much better versed in the way of the keyblade and all of its techniques, they still didn't really win. And, Sora hasn't needed a Master up until this point, he's been able to learn on his own. He may even need members of TAV to help him defeat MX. If he doesn't seek help from any of them, then I would say that he's surpassed them in strength. At this point though, I retain my opinion that they are equal.

It's not really fair to compare them; they have completely different situations. D: I'd argue that they all are fairly equal in strength at this point in time. Sora is a candidate for the MoM exam now, which puts him even more on an equal playing field with Terra and Aqua.

Crystal

Silver Member
Agreed with what Taocha said, but Sora can be stronger in the future

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Sora isn't shit compared to TAV

He had help for every boss fight, and got overwhelmed many times in the KH2 battle.

Lumia

i think TAV shine differently than Sora. i think most are forgetting kh1.

Stars

リク
Er, yeah.. TAV and Sora face different situation.. But I think Sora is as strong as TAV as he can taken down any enemies with no having a training or what.. And I don't think Ven is weak

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Er, yeah.. TAV and Sora face different situation.. But I think Sora is as strong as TAV as he can taken down any enemies without having a training or what.. And I don't think Ven is weak

Each time he had the aid of other people. You all forget he wasn't alone.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Each time he had the aid of other people. You all forget he wasn't alone.
I definitely am not forgetting that, but honestly how helpful were Donald and Goofy ever? They were the equivalent of Mickey as a party member in BBS... decent at best. Now if we're referring to Riku, he was actually a big help in KH2. However, that still doesn't change the fact that Sora has been self-teaching himself how to wield since his journey started.
Sora definitely doesn't know the keyblades full potential and he has a lot of room to grow, but he wasn't training for 4+ years to be a Master. He was just a kid who was thrust into the situation, and yeah he only fought incarnates of MX, but he beat them without losing any of his comrades... where as TAV didn't. TAV "beat" them while losing themselves to different fates. Sora didn't. That's why I argue that they're on par.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
But he won't need them anymore besides he has faced enemies on his own along his journey. Ex. Roxas, Luxord, Xemnas (first battle), Riku (KH1 second battle in HB), etc.

Besides you are forgetting TAV had years of training whereas Sora was basically forced into it and now he has to save them :/

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
TAV's mastery of the keyblade is is more than two-fold than that of Sora, but Sora was never taught
TAV were on their own, Sora had countless friends

There's no argument other than arguing who we like more

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
nope not in the slightest, actualy they pale in comparision to soar becuase he seems to have all of there abilties and skilss plus his own orginal one for some odd reason, i personally believe its his connection with ven and when that breaks he will loose everything, but thats jsut me
[video=youtube;4yolZeXJfrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yolZeXJfrw&feature=related[/video]

Stars

リク
nope not in the slightest, actualy they pale in comparision to soar becuase he seems to have all of there abilties and skilss plus his own orginal one for some odd reason, i personally believe its his connection with ven and when that breaks he will loose everything, but thats jsut me

He know how to weild a keyblade well due to Ventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back