• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone interested in playing Birth By Sleep Final Mix online?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Iams

I just learned how to use ad hoc with my PS3 recently, and have been dying to play Birth By Sleep co-op online in the Mirage Arena. However, finding randoms is extraordinarily rare because apparently no one plays the game anymore.

Anyone want to play together? I mostly want to play co-op arena missions, but would be open to command boards/other modes sometime after that.

The best way to contact me is by sending me a message/friend request on the PSN at "Ace_Iams". Hopefully I'll talk to you soon!

EDIT: Hey guys meant to put I have Final Mix, and play FM only. Didn't realize FM players couldn't play with normal BBS players online. There are few of us around, so if you have a copy let me know!

Last edited:

MasterXehanort+

Re: Anyone interested in playing Birth By Sleep online?

I would if I had a PS3. Problem is, a lot of people \have either a PSP/Vita or a PS3. And even then most people play CoD online instead of other games. Dissidia 012 has the same problems.

Ace_Iams

Ah that's unfortunate. You should get one - it's a great system. I could see that happening too, although I have run across a few rooms for Dissidia 012 in Ad hoc. Never seen Birth by Sleep players on there though.

State

Awards

I would, but my online is provided via wireless and you need it (PS3) cabled.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

No you dont. My PS3's wireless is nearly flawless. unless you're referring to having total wireless without even a modem in your house, i dont know what you're talking about.

Ace_Iams

I would, but my online is provided via wireless and you need it (PS3) cabled.

Sucks man. I bought a router for this exact reason; you should look into it if you play handhelds often and would like to experience them with others online.

No you dont. My PS3's wireless is nearly flawless. unless you're referring to having total wireless without even a modem in your house, i dont know what you're talking about.

I think he's referring to using Adhoc Party through the PS3, in which case you do not your PS3 to have a wired connection. The PSP uses your wireless connection and the PS3 almosts acts like a modem for it. Confusing to put it, but you need both connections to play PSP connections with others (unless they're in the same room as you.)

Still looking for BBS FM players by the way, so let me know if you have a copy!

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

It's impossible to use Ad-hoc Party when your PS3 runs on a wireless connection. You can't have your PSP send signals to your PS3 and then to your router. Your PS3 has to be directly connected to it.

Sadie808

I would play with cha just to get back into the series :) but sadly i lost my psp.

Ace_Iams

It's impossible to use Ad-hoc Party when your PS3 runs on a wireless connection. You can't have your PSP send signals to your PS3 and then to your router. Your PS3 has to be directly connected to it.

Yep - My PS3 is hooked up to a router that's bridged with 2 other routers, so it's a wireless wired connection. But in simplest terms it's directly connected to my router, thus a wired connection. You need a wired connection for your PS3 so your PSP can use the wireless connection.

I would play with cha just to get back into the series :) but sadly i lost my psp.

Sucks man, hope you find it. Then I'd be happy to game together. By the way do you have Final Mix?

Sadie808

Sucks man, hope you find it. Then I'd be happy to game together. By the way do you have Final Mix?

For Birth By Sleep yups :) The only thing in the game i wasn't able to do was beat No Heart lol.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Since I never really cared for the Mirage Arena due to only being able to play single player, I think that multi player might actually make the area interesting for me.

Too bad "I" don't have a PS3. My brother do but he keeps it in his room, and he "hates" anything from SE, so I can't play.
Otherwise I would love to play with someone, as it might actually make the game more interesting for me. (Yeah, BBS isn't really in my top 3.)

If there at all is some other way, do tell me and I'll see what I can do.

PS. Yes I have all 3 Final Mixes. :)

Ace_Iams

For Birth By Sleep yups :) The only thing in the game i wasn't able to do was beat No Heart lol.

Dude! Now you have to find it! Haha I plan on beating everything with all three characters, so if you find it then we can definitely take No Heart down.

Since I never really cared for the Mirage Arena due to only being able to play single player, I think that multi player might actually make the area interesting for me.

Too bad "I" don't have a PS3. My brother do but he keeps it in his room, and he "hates" anything from SE, so I can't play.
Otherwise I would love to play with someone, as it might actually make the game more interesting for me. (Yeah, BBS isn't really in my top 3.)

If there at all is some other way, do tell me and I'll see what I can do.

PS. Yes I have all 3 Final Mixes. :)

I actually felt the exact same way. Never bothered with the Mirage Arena because it seemed boring and repetitive alone, but when I hopped online I found out its a lot more fun/drastically more interesting with other players. Even more so when you're not using maxed characters/two slot techniques, haha.

Unfortunately the only way possible to the best of my knowledge is using adhoc because the PSP otherwise can't transmit distant signals for online play. Which is unfortunate since you also have BBS FM. If your brother happens to let you use it from time to time or you get a PS3, do let me know! I will be happy to play with you then.

I'd be happy to play with you, but which ad hoc version do you use, the Europe or American one?

Great! I didn't know there was more than one version, but I have the American version as I live in the US. I'm in the Pacific time zone if that helps. Will we still be able to play?

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I would join you but I have regular BBS, not FM+ and I have no idea on how to hook my PSP up to my PS3

Ace_Iams

I would join you but I have regular BBS, not FM+ and I have no idea on how to hook my PSP up to my PS3

Sucks man. Unfortunately because of the extra content in FM BBS and FM are not compatible with each other. And as for how to use the PS3 for online gameplay with the PSP, you need a software called "Adhoc Party" on your PS3 which can be downloaded from the PSN Store for free. Then you need to have your PS3 hooked up to the internet with a wired connection (into your wall/router directly hooked up to your wall), so your PSP can use the wireless connection to get online. It's best to watch a video on YouTube to learn how to do it if you need more clarifications.

Zero Dozer

Shall I revive the topic in order to search for someone playing Birth by Sleep Final Mix online?

Look for an Ultimate12r on the PSN, if someone's interested.

Oh yeah, do I need to be on the Mirage Arena right now? How does that work? (And do I need to use an original copy of the game (as you see on my profile, I'm using the english-patched ISO by Truthkey)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back