• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

anyone worried that the NA voice acting might suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
i mean im not trying to look at the negatives but look at kh 358 2 days and compare the english version to the jpn version. which one's better? definitely the jpn version. the VA for NA just sucked completely. or maybe im just too used to hearing bbs in japanese that i cant even imagine how terrible mx or vanitas would sound.

what do you guys think

FadedSunrise

MX, I think they can pull off in English.

Vanitas...eh...depends on if they are going to follow the Japanese continuity, and have HJO do Vanitas. And whether HJO can do Vanitas, since I haven't heard any evil characters from him to prove it.

Otherwise, no, not too worried, the rest of KH usually turns out well. Heck, Kairi imo is better in English, and sounds less overly sugary.

xxjunkyxx

the only character they need to get right in my opinion is terra....or tina -.-;

State

Awards
I'm still amazed how people are comparing the voice acting in Days to the home consoles, considering how a DS' sound card and a PS2's sound card are very, very, very different.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, not really. There hasn't really been any KH game that has bad voice acting.

Mariolee

I liked the VA for 358/2 days. Only thing that was cringe inducing were the laughs. Oh goodness, the laughs. So awkward and forced. My goodness.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I think HJO will be fine as Vanitas. His normal speaking voice is much deeper than his Sora voice, and if he just gives it a malicious tone... perfect. :D But Miyu is a tough act to beat, I admit. Especially that laugh~

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
i actually enjoyed the voice acting on re:com... it was probably marluxia that seemed very bleh to me in my opinion, but the rest was not bad.

Sora's voice didn't seem to go well with his appearance. It was way too, Kingdom Hearts 2, and not enough Kingdom Hearts 1. Even though it's not really their fault that Haley's voice changed over the years.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
but that had nothing to do with the acting

even with bad lipsyncing the acting was still good.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I can see one character (like Xion.. or maybe that's just the battle cries) or two sucking, but I'm confident that the majority of them will be done right.

Xavivs

frankly i don't care that much if it sucks as long i can read and hear and understand what the story is all about in kh:bbs. the voice acting of kh1,2 were great for me i don't complain

Romi

Well, the NA voice actors do pretty well. I mean for instance, Kairi's voice sounds better in English compared to Japanese (even though the JP one is okay). But for English, only one or two VAs will just sound bad e.g. Aerith in KH2 =_=

ffdgh

lol pretty sure it'll be great

as long as the lip sinc is not super off as it was as recom >_<

Awards
I hope Hayden will return for Kairi for the Secret Ending. I can't stand Alyson Stoner, she sucked as Xion! Hopefully, she only voices the younger Kairi like in Re:CoM and Days. I can't wait to see Haley as Vanitas, but I hope that his laugh isn't all girly like that lol. And I hope the Christopher Lee comes back as Ansem, cuz Corey Burton sucked as him in Re:CoM. I'm just very curious about Terra, Aqua, MX, and ME's voices. If Aqua is voiced by Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato or any other of those disney channel skanks, ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!!

And the NA voices arent really that bad. The only bad ones were Xion, Aerith (KH2), DiZ (Re:CoM), and Xemnas (KH2 - Armor form battle phrases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back