• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

anyone worried that the NA voice acting might suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabgix

Riding a cow thats flying toward the moon
358/2 was only kinda bad due to it being on a DS. Course it'll sound better in japenese on YOUR COMPUTER.
Also im not too worried, only COM's sora sucked and that was due to the actors age. Organization 13 though, they had great actors.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
When has kh ever had bad voice acting?
*looks at xion aka alyson....*

yeah i hope it doesnt suck O_O

Xelnyn

Website
rabidfangirlofdoom.deviantart.com
Kairi imo is better in English, and sounds less overly sugary.
Yeah, this. I really, really dislike Kairi's Japanese voice. She sounds her age in English.

I was initially really worried that they were going to royally screw up everything in Re:CoM, especially Vexen and Marluxia but I don't think they could have possibly picked better actors, they were amazing.

I'm concerned about Aqua not being a good voice actor, along with Terra. I'm reassured with Jesse McCartney being Ven because he made an awesome Roxas. If only I knew who Terra and Aqua are voiced by. I was able to do that with Vexen back for Re:CoM --- watched some videos of Derek Stephen Prince on YouTube and went, "Oh, yeah, he'll be a pretty nice Vexen." But here? I'm left in the dark. D:

/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangst

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I've never had any complaints about KH voice acting. Usually English dubs are horrid compared to the Japanese VAs, and KH seems like an exception. I thought Re:CoM had fitting voices for the Organization members, I thought it was just the lip syncing. I'm pretty confident in the NA voice acting.

I wonder how they'll pull Lea and Isa. It'll sound creepy having older guys voicing fifteen year olds x_x;

Vanitas - HJO, who did a pretty good job as Sora. The only problem I have is how he's going to pull off the evil laugh, and being... evil.

Terra - a good chance Richard Epcar, whose VAing is improving :3

Ven - Jesse McCarthy, who proves that Disney stars can VA. I think he did a good job as Roxas, but he was a bit dull in Days.

MX - No idea, I heard rumors it was Xemnas' VA, but that just sounds weird, especially when MX is an old guy >.>; I can still see them pulling it off.

HANNAH MONTANA FOR AQUA!

StormHurricane

as far as i can tell, NA VA was always pretty good, but i can only tell out ouf youtube vids, because i live in germany xD

but i don't know about vanitas and HJO... the scene, before he goes "into" ven, when he "takes" his mask off...
he sounds crazy, just insane...
don't know if HJO could pull that off

State

Awards
I'm still trying to figure out how can Quinton voice-act a young-man. I think Disney is going to rush production, seeing as how BbS was a smash-hit in Japan. :!

State

Awards
Have you seen the scans? It's LIA, even though axel goes with an E.
[IMG]http://www.kh-vids.net/photoplog/file.php?n=941&w=o[/IMG]
I hate people who dont know crap and go correcting others around.

It's LEA! L-E-A! Axel without an X = Lea! Even in Days they said that! facepalm

T

The Spoiler

Yeah, this. I really, really dislike Kairi's Japanese voice. She sounds her age in English.

I was initially really worried that they were going to royally screw up everything in Re:CoM, especially Vexen and Marluxia but I don't think they could have possibly picked better actors, they were amazing.

I'm concerned about Aqua not being a good voice actor, along with Terra. I'm reassured with Jesse McCartney being Ven because he made an awesome Roxas. If only I knew who Terra and Aqua are voiced by. I was able to do that with Vexen back for Re:CoM --- watched some videos of Derek Stephen Prince on YouTube and went, "Oh, yeah, he'll be a pretty nice Vexen." But here? I'm left in the dark. D:

/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangst
Here is an example of what Terra will most likely sound like:

I dont think it fits...

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Of course the voice acting is going to suck.
Look at KH2....I mean the lines itself were great, but the way the dialogue was recorded and edited together was so awkward and unnatural, I had trouble taking it seriously.

"What's so funny..."
"YOUR FACES!"
*combined laughter*

T

The Spoiler

Have you seen the scans? It's LIA, even though axel goes with an E.
[IMG]http://www.kh-vids.net/photoplog/file.php?n=941&w=o[/IMG]
I hate people who dont know crap and go correcting others around.
facepalm

First of all I DO know what im talking about, and everybody has seen that scan smartass. That is a Japanese scan, and Lia and Isa are some of the only English words there, and it was a typo. In Days its Lea, and LEA=AXEL, LIA=/=AXEL. :/
Also, dont tell me to look at the SCANS when there is only one SCAN.

God, I hate people who dont know crap and go around trying to correct others.

Last edited:

.:Mega:.

Awards
I don't see why everyone thinks Epcar is going to voice Terra. :x Xehanort's Japanese voice didn't voice him, y'know. Just Terranort.

Epcar is likely just going to voice Terranort.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Eternal_Sleep
i heard a rumor that they replaced mandy more because fans(i assume the hardcore FF ones) were outraged by her performance. i really hope that isn't true since i thought she did fine

Wasn't that the case with Mena Suvari? Last I heard, many people liked Mandy Moore as Aerith, though out of all of Aerith's VAs, I prefer Andrea Bowen. She made a great Aerith in Crisis Core.

Anyway, besides a few mishaps, KH voice acting in english, has normally been pretty good. Let's hope they continue to choose good VAs, and not just "popular" ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back