• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Aoi Sekai no Chushin de (Reimagined telling of the 90s' console wars in a fantasy setting)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Aoi Sekai no Ch

This manga has already existed for some time, but I didn't hear about it until today. The first episode just aired in Japan today as well. Anyway, this series is based on the video game console wars between Nintendo and Sega back in the 90s, but told in a fantasy setting between a kingdom and an empire. (LOLing at Nintendo being an evil empire.) The main characters are all inspired by the mascots of the SNES and the Genesis. I haven't even watched the episode yet, but I think this is the absolute coolest concept I've ever seen for the premise of a manga/anime. It's such good timing because I've been in a classic gaming mood and have actually been reading up retro games and hardware for the last month or so.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
You got it. And the perverted genius guy is their representative of Tetris, haha.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
To be perfectly honest, I really could not get into this show.

It felt like a generic fantasy shounen intro with video game references thrown in just for the sake of having video game references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back