• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Apprentice Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort

The Death Alchemist
Awards
I've seen several threads and posts about Xehanort's Apprentice's name.

Vanitas is latin for EMPTINESS or UNTRUTHFULNESS.

Can also mean FOOLISHNESS which may be reference to him giving into darkness?

From what we know, this fits the character very well.

For those of you who might be against what I've posted here are some online sources for you to look at:
Vanitas definition by Babylon's free dictionary
Words

Last edited:

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
why didnt you just post that in the Vjump scan thread?

State

Awards
I've seen several threads and posts about Xehanort's Apprentice's name.

Vanitas is latin for EMPTINESS or UNTRUTHFULNESS.

Can also mean FOOLISHNESS which may be reference to him giving into darkness?

From what we know, this fits the character very well.

there's also "OTHER" which would be a reference to xehanort's "ANOTHER".

Allister Rose

French Lover
wiki does not have a source towards the name vanitas, and i cannot find another online translator to translate vanitas. apparently it's non existent

Allister Rose

French Lover
the wikia is good for a quick lookup. Though at the moment it is the best source of info since the "everything" thread no longer has everything about BBS

the problem with wikia is that it's based off of info from fans. they usually hold no sources to back itself up.

Khfan01

I think whoever he or maybe even she is, the apprentice will have important role in the game

Allister Rose

French Lover
the wiki though being able to be editted I find to be really good. Better than wikipedia itself lol

*facepalm*

are you serious? no one here knows what wikipedia is? wiki is basically copying wikipedia but is based off of fans. wikipedia is also editable but has more strict rules

Allister Rose

French Lover
kh wiki specificlaly is very loose and holds many thoeries, just read up on vanitas article. it shouldnt be trusted until after the game releases.

vanitas may possibly be a latin word, but no real definition has appeared. why? emptiness=infrequentia (over 5 webistes) and other and another both = Alius (same amount of online translator websites)

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Um, I already made a thread about this a while ago, plus notice an anagram for vanitas is anti vas, vas is latin for vessel, therefore his name could be an anagram for anti vessel. a vessel is an item that contains something or used to contain something, which is the opposit of emptiness.
EDIT: WTF this is kinda ripping off my thread >:|

Roxaz

that might sound like philosophical crap, but a vessel is empty until you fill it right?That would mean that vessel is a symbol for emptiness and not for the opposit.
so an anti-vessel would be either something you can fill the vessel with, or something that cannot contain anything imo.

State

Awards
kh wiki specificlaly is very loose and holds many thoeries, just read up on vanitas article. it shouldnt be trusted until after the game releases.

vanitas may possibly be a latin word, but no real definition has appeared. why? emptiness=infrequentia (over 5 webistes) and other and another both = Alius (same amount of online translator websites)

have you tried writing vanitas in japanese, dear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back