• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua is not stronger then terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

Hello new to the forum and to Kh nice to meet you all I hope we can chat without any negative feelings key? Thx! I finished all kh games and just finished kh3 (bbs is my fav) however I noticed many saying Aqua was the strongest and most important in bbs, my biggest issue with this is that both are wrong... all of the 3 trio are equally important but mostly the bbs story revolves around apprentice xehanort past (terra and xehanort) the main reason bbs was made to begin with, as for strongest? Stronger then ventus I can agree with that but how is she stronger then terra? I could argue they are still equal however how did you come to conclusion she is the stronger between the 2? What feat did she show for people to assume she is stronger? In the mark of mastery eraqus said “when equal power clash” referring to terra and aqua being equal in the start of the game however by the end of the game terra showed the most growth in both power and character, he took down all his enemies with no help from Disney characters, he fought both xehanort and vanitas at the same time (you know the same vanitas that got a draw match with aqua and both fainted in neverland) also terra got the most damage in the final battle getting hit by all keyblades tornado plus xehanorts throwing mountains and ice at him and then terra got hit by an explosion and still standing and then you have aqua who got hit once by the keyblades (which terra got hit by multiple times) and already at her last breath grasping for air, so please explain to me how is aqua stronger then terra? All of aqua’s last battles had help, against vanitas x blade she had Mickey’s help and ventus was fighting vanitas on the inside basically it was 3vs1 against poor vanitas, Both aqua and terra took down terranort but Aqua had terra’s help holding back xehanort in the inside hindering him from going all out, while lingering will vs terranort was terra own power no help was involved, xehanort lost cause he wasn’t used to the terra’s body (you can tell cause he was using terra moves instead of his own) but even still he won his fight with his own power no help involved unlike aqua that gets praised against her fight with terranort when it was 2vs1, no one mention the fact terra was supporting her from the inside, also kh2 LW journal states terra is better master of the keyblade then Sora, I’m just saying you all must stop looking at gameplay wise and make bias claims of who is stronger, cause in story wise you see their true strength not gameplay wise.

P.s aqua got important in the last part I don’t deny that and got sequel of her own but that’s not the story of bbs in general, her story started in the final ep where she fought terranort and was thrown in the real of darkness

That’s all thank you for your time^^

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I’m just saying you all must stop looking at gameplay wise and make bias claims of who is stronger

Not sure who the "you" you keep referring to throughout this whole post is, but I can say that there is definitely not a resounding group-wide conclusion that so-and-so is the strongest.

In fact, the very debate of "this person is strongest" is constantly debated over and over ad nauseum and the answer very highly hinges on one's own definition of "strength".

In terms of pure power output? Yeah, I would be willing to bet that Terra would undoubtedly be the "strongest". However, very often in the KH series people are not judged on pure Str stat, but rather their fortitude, will, determination, etc. This is said over and over again within the game content that THIS is what makes people strong.

I mean, heck, that was basically the whole thing between Sora and Riku in the first game. The reason Sora won the keyblade back from him wasn't because he could kick Riku's butt in a fight (certainly not with a dinky wooden play sword) but because he was absolutely willing to go into a fight against all odds but by believing in himself and his friends ended up proving that he was stronger in that moment. Despite the game telling us over and over again that "Riku is stronger than Sora", he briefly wasn't. That is a big flashing sign that KH as a series doesn't really hold physical aptitude to the highest standard.

Therefore, just saying, your whole argument of "well Terra didn't need Disney characters to help him fight!" etc. may make sense when trying to compare raw strength and power output but it doesn't really do anything to prove how resilient and mentally strong Terra is, nor does it really make any sense to use that to say he blows Aqua out of the water. According to KH standards, fighting alone actually might make you even weaker.

All of aqua’s last battles had help

...And? If anything it shows that Aqua had better connections to the people she met that she could CALL upon them for help. And in KH universe, being connected to people, being a team, ALL of that are measures of one's strength and ability.

A better comparison between Terra and Aqua's strength (according to KH approved strength of heart definition) would be Terra's immense show of will and determination to not fade away after losing his body and constantly battling Xehanort's claim on his heart for a decade. That clearly demonstrates how Terra grew as a character, the faith he had in his friends, etc. However, Aqua had to single-handedly wander the darkness, facing her own emotionally toiling hardship for a decade as well. Her entire time in that world showed immense perseverance and strength. While some might say one of these endeavors tops the other, I feel like comparing them is too subjective to call.

Now, if you are just trying to talk about literal sword clashing against sword strength output, then fine. But then I think it is completely disingenuous to claim you are "looking at the story" to determine who is stronger when the story itself tells you that strength comes from within. It's not how many enemies you kill, it's not fighting alone through everything.

In defense of Aqua, she is remarkable in that she put up with so much agony and suffering, depression and guilt and wasn't even more damaged from it than she ended up being.

Keyblade07

Not sure who the "you" you keep referring to throughout this whole post is, but I can say that there is definitely not a resounding group-wide conclusion that so-and-so is the strongest.

In fact, the very debate of "this person is strongest" is constantly debated over and over ad nauseum and the answer very highly hinges on one's own definition of "strength".

In terms of pure power output? Yeah, I would be willing to bet that Terra would undoubtedly be the "strongest". However, very often in the KH series people are not judged on pure Str stat, but rather their fortitude, will, determination, etc. This is said over and over again within the game content that THIS is what makes people strong.

I mean, heck, that was basically the whole thing between Sora and Riku in the first game. The reason Sora won the keyblade back from him wasn't because he could kick Riku's butt in a fight (certainly not with a dinky wooden play sword) but because he was absolutely willing to go into a fight against all odds but by believing in himself and his friends ended up proving that he was stronger in that moment. Despite the game telling us over and over again that "Riku is stronger than Sora", he briefly wasn't. That is a big flashing sign that KH as a series doesn't really hold physical aptitude to the highest standard.

Therefore, just saying, your whole argument of "well Terra didn't need Disney characters to help him fight!" etc. may make sense when trying to compare raw strength and power output but it doesn't really do anything to prove how resilient and mentally strong Terra is, nor does it really make any sense to use that to say he blows Aqua out of the water. According to KH standards, fighting alone actually might make you even weaker.

...And? If anything it shows that Aqua had better connections to the people she met that she could CALL upon them for help. And in KH universe, being connected to people, being a team, ALL of that are measures of one's strength and ability.

A better comparison between Terra and Aqua's strength (according to KH approved strength of heart definition) would be Terra's immense show of will and determination to not fade away after losing his body and constantly battling Xehanort's claim on his heart for a decade. That clearly demonstrates how Terra grew as a character, the faith he had in his friends, etc. However, Aqua had to single-handedly wander the darkness, facing her own emotionally toiling hardship for a decade as well. Her entire time in that world showed immense perseverance and strength. While some might say one of these endeavors tops the other, I feel like comparing them is too subjective to call.

Now, if you are just trying to talk about literal sword clashing against sword strength output, then fine. But then I think it is completely disingenuous to claim you are "looking at the story" to determine who is stronger when the story itself tells you that strength comes from within. It's not how many enemies you kill, it's not fighting alone through everything.

In defense of Aqua, she is remarkable in that she put up with so much agony and suffering, depression and guilt and wasn't even more damaged from it than she ended up being.
Great answer^^ also master eraqus said they were equal which I believe but I still don’t get how people can say aqua will own terra one on one? I saw many great feats of both terra and aqua and terra showed even more (ofc showing more feats doesn’t mean he should be stronger) so I just don’t get it what did aqua do to be considered soo powerful while terra is looked down upon and considered weaker then her? No matter how I look at it his not weaker then her nor is she weaker and I can agree they are equal but like what made the idea of fans always thinking Aqua being top 3 strongest while excluding terra? If they had a fight I can see terra having the upper hand since his amazing endurance and stamina plus his darkness power gives him boost.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
If they had a fight...

That is one thing to certainly look forward to in future installments! We can maybe see some people having some friendly bouts here and there and get to see just how the power dynamic shapes up now that everyone has gotten some new skills and experiences under their belts.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think the reason Aqua is said to be more important or the main character from BBS is the same that people say 3D was Riku's game. The game ended on them and they had to tie it all together.

Aqua is the one that ultimately delayed Xehanort's plans, though didn't manage to stop them. A lot of her actions ended up shaping the events of the future KH games for better and for worse.
She is also the only one to meet and form bonds with all of the Destiny Trio, which I think could add to her feeling of importance.

As for their strength regarding their overall battle prowess they'd be on similar footing. What Terra delivers in raw physical strength and endurance, Aqua can make up with her magic and speed. Though Aqua being able to accept help and fight along others does give her a bit of an edge over Terra's insistence to do it on his own.
The one time she didn't accept help (in kh3) things went bad for her.

Keyblade07

I think the reason Aqua is said to be more important or the main character from BBS is the same that people say 3D was Riku's game. The game ended on them and they had to tie it all together.

Aqua is the one that ultimately delayed Xehanort's plans, though didn't manage to stop them. A lot of her actions ended up shaping the events of the future KH games for better and for worse.
She is also the only one to meet and form bonds with all of the Destiny Trio, which I think could add to her feeling of importance.

As for their strength regarding their overall battle prowess they'd be on similar footing. What Terra delivers in raw physical strength and endurance, Aqua can make up with her magic and speed. Though Aqua being able to accept help and fight along others does give her a bit of an edge over Terra's insistence to do it on his own.
The one time she didn't accept help (in kh3) things went bad for her.
Riku had an equal (or more) importance to the plot of kh3D as much as Sora, I can agree Aqua is the main character of birth by sleep no denying that but still the story revolves around terra so in a way this is terra and xehanort story while she is the main hero of this story.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Based on feats from all Their fights then it’s Terra>Aqua>Ventus, So no she is not stronger then Terra, her best feat taking down someone one on one without help was against vanitas in radiant garden and neverland, but in those fights it always ends on a draw with vanitas knocked out and Aqua exhausted and can barely stand up again.

This may be off topic but In my opinion
Riku>Sora
Sora connection with others gives him power, but with just using his own power then I don’t think he is that impressive, he is like ventus relying on his heart and friendship to boost his strength to take down enemies stronger then him, meanwhile riku showed he is strong like terra and aqua with just his skills instead of relying on my friends are my power thing, but overall that’s just my take on it.

Back