• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua Play Arts Kai from KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Can I get lingering will with a terra head and DOPE ASS CAPE ACTION

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Thought this would never happen.

I'm not a collector so I'll probs pass on this one, but wow, it's looking gooood. When I saw it, the first thing I thought was "it's like someone pulled her straight from the game."

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The announcement of an Aqua PAK makes me cry. This is what we really wanted from them and they did it. I thank the development team everyday for creating such a powerful and beautiful female character.

Hirokey123

Awards
Now I just need Xion, Skuld, Ava, and Invi then I can have all 6 female wielders in the series.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I WANT SO BADLY!!!!!!!!

Caxinuld

Awards
Too bad I'm broke, I would really love to get the Figure Arts Sora & PAK Aqua action figures.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I was planning on getting the KH3 Sora PAK at some point this year, but this may have to take priority because I've been dreaming of TAV figures since BBS was first announced back in like 2007, or whenever it was. 10 years later, we finally get an Aqua figure.

Can I get lingering will with a terra head and DOPE ASS CAPE ACTION

I second this.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Square Enix apparently uploaded this picture to their Facebook page. It confirms the July release date.

$120-$150 is so much money for these things, and I usually think they are way too overpriced for the quality, but I am probably still going to have to get her. She is so gorgeous, and more Aqua (BBS merch in general really) is something almost all of us have been asking for.

16473566_1215220491847179_3099970186500723080_n.jpg

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Sora's is a little off too, it might just be how these are designed.

Oh yeah, KH2 Sora's PAK was a little "bug-eyed" but they actually made improvements to his face with the Limit and then even more to the Final Forms figures, which makes them not just "variants." Of course these figures are always aiming for their perfect recreations, but like wax figures, it's not 100% feasible.

I don't really think so.
People who just want the game wouldn't have bought an expensive limited edition (and lets be honest, with the PAK included, it surely would've cost 150$+) and those who want such a PAK will buy it anyways. June-August has the E3 and the gamescom at least, two opportunities to sell such a PAK and I'm sure it'll be sold out eventualy anyways, so I'd say it's good they didn't make it earlier.

The more I think about this, the more I think this figure just wasn't ready. To start, SE is no stranger to including PAK with their LEs (Limit Form Sora in KH2.5 in JP, Noctis in FFXV LE global, Lara Croft in Tomb Raider LE global). Second, KH's limited editions have, historically, done extremely well. Not only did both 3D and 2.5 LEs sell out before release, but both were going for crazy $200+ pricetags on release.T

They retailed for ~$100, so making a $200 more exclusive and limited edition with this would have done very well what with the Aqua-fan club being very present in the KH community. Of course, like Limit Form Sora, Noctis, and Lara, she would have been sold separately.

Plus, having this figure would have only further increased advertisements for KH2.8, which would have increase advertisements for the figure itself.

That being said, for whatever reason they chose to show her now, she's here, and I am very ready.

Square Enix apparently uploaded this picture to their Facebook page. It confirms the July release date.

July 2017 in JP or globally? Given it says that in Germany, I'm inclined to think globally, which is interesting because SEJP has a record of getting merch 2-3 months in advance. Either way, she may very well be sold at the World Orchestra concerts as well as conventions for those who are attending and interested.

Also what's interesting is that, from photos, it doesn't appear as if Aqua will be coming with many added parts (keyblades, faces, etc.). They tend to showcase all pieces with the figures, and given she's practically ready for retail, it doesn't appear anything will come with her (probably hands to hold they keyblade or not).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It bears repeating.

Oh. My. God.

FINALLY!

Can't wait for it to be mineee

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Oh yeah, KH2 Sora's PAK was a little "bug-eyed" but they actually made improvements to his face with the Limit and then even more to the Final Forms figures, which makes them not just "variants." Of course these figures are always aiming for their perfect recreations, but like wax figures, it's not 100% feasible.

Lord tell me about it lol. My KH2 Sora PAK looks almost like an alien with his freakishly large blue eyes. Still like him quite a lot regardless though.

July 2017 in JP or globally? Given it says that in Germany, I'm inclined to think globally, which is interesting because SEJP has a record of getting merch 2-3 months in advance. Either way, she may very well be sold at the World Orchestra concerts as well as conventions for those who are attending and interested.

Also what's interesting is that, from photos, it doesn't appear as if Aqua will be coming with many added parts (keyblades, faces, etc.). They tend to showcase all pieces with the figures, and given she's practically ready for retail, it doesn't appear anything will come with her (probably hands to hold they keyblade or not).

I would assume that this is the Japanese release date mainly because its Square Enix we're talking about here, but a global release would be amazing! Maybe they finally heard the cries of their fans and decided it was time to get Aqua to us all at once ASAP?

As for her accessories, I REALLY hope she comes with more than this. It's possible that this particular model just didn't have the accessories out on display (I believe that has happened before in the past), but asking for $120 for a figure that only comes with one keyblade is a little ridiculous. I would at least hope that she comes with some extra hands, and I really want her to have the Master's Defender and her Wayfinder.

kupo1121

Awards
I would assume that this is the Japanese release date mainly because its Square Enix we're talking about here, but a global release would be amazing! Maybe they finally heard the cries of their fans and decided it was time to get Aqua to us all at once ASAP?

As for her accessories, I REALLY hope she comes with more than this. It's possible that this particular model just didn't have the accessories out on display (I believe that has happened before in the past), but asking for $120 for a figure that only comes with one keyblade is a little ridiculous. I would at least hope that she comes with some extra hands, and I really want her to have the Master's Defender and her Wayfinder.

Given this figure might have been delayed (refer to previous post), it's more possible this will be the global release. Normally on global cards it says "Release Date: TBD" since the people there have no impending release. The fact that, at least for Germany, it appears the figure will release in July 2017 gives hope for other countries as well.

Also, the KH2 Riku PAK was $120 and only came with Way to Dawn and hand replacements, Aqua could follow suit (though a wayfinder would be amazing).

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Given this figure might have been delayed (refer to previous post), it's more possible this will be the global release. Normally on global cards it says "Release Date: TBD" since the people there have no impending release. The fact that, at least for Germany, it appears the figure will release in July 2017 gives hope for other countries as well.

Also, the KH2 Riku PAK was $120 and only came with Way to Dawn and hand replacements, Aqua could follow suit (though a wayfinder would be amazing).

That's true. A global release date would be incredible so we can get her without having to wait a few months or without paying import fees to get her at the same time Japan does.

And that's also true on Riku, but I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to, at the very least. not give her the Master's Defender and her Wayfinder. Giving her only Rainfell and a few hands seems like a bit of a waste to me, especially if this figure is going to be representing 2.8.

kupo1121

Awards
And that's also true on Riku, but I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to, at the very least. not give her the Master's Defender and her Wayfinder. Giving her only Rainfell and a few hands seems like a bit of a waste to me, especially if this figure is going to be representing 2.8.

I'm sure SE realizes that, with-or-without Master's Defender or any other add-ons, the demand for an Aqua PAK is strong. They could withhold that keyblade for either another figure or an accessory set (like the old Play Arts Arms Keyblade Set).

Normally we would combat something like this (if this is the case) by boycotting the figure, but seeing as there is no way I will entertain the notion of not having 1 or more of this figure in my collection, they've won. I realize I'm part of the problem but

biWScd9.gif

Klyntar_Supreme

Glad to see they made someone other than Sora, but I'd really like and Axel/Lea figure to go with my Roxas. Preferably with his keyblade and chakrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back