• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are all of 3D's cutscenes voiced?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I've been wondering this for a while now.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Better yet, are the in-game cutscenes in 3D or just the gameplay? How about the CGi intro(unlikely).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All of the cutscenes are voiced. I think you want to know if there are speech bubble scenes?

Better yet, are the in-game cutscenes in 3D or just the gameplay? How about the CGi intro(unlikely).

Everything is in 3D. :| That's why you have a toggle thing to switch 3D on or not.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All of the cutscenes are voiced. I think you want to know if there are speech bubble scenes?

Everything is in 3D. :| That's why you have a toggle thing to switch 3D on or not.

He was asking because some 3DS games don't let you use 3D in cut-scenes, I happen to own one of these games.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Actually, all 3DS games use 3D, even in cutscenes. Just some games have normal depth and one (usually weak) setting for 3D instead of fully adjustable as in cutscenes. If it didn't let you use 3D in those cutscenes, then the 3D light would turn OFF because that's what indicates if you can use it or not. Note that DS and DSiWare don't have that 3D light ON (and neither do VC games when you aren't using the original aspect ratio).

That said, lack of speech bubble scenes pleases me greatly. :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure the entire game uses 3D.

I hope so. The game's first cut-scene is in CGI and even if it wasn't, it looks like it would blow my mind in 3D.

Actually, all 3DS games use 3D, even in cutscenes. Just some games have normal depth and one (usually weak) setting for 3D instead of fully adjustable as in cutscenes. If it didn't let you use 3D in those cutscenes, then the 3D light would turn OFF because that's what indicates if you can use it or not. Note that DS and DSiWare don't have that 3D light ON (and neither do VC games when you aren't using the original aspect ratio).

That said, lack of speech bubble scenes pleases me greatly. :3

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions doesn't allow you to use 3D in cut-scenes, I own and have won the entire game. Not a single cut-scene, even the awesome ones.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No you won't. The only thing 3D gives you is depth. No secret features or anything; it looks good but there's really no true benefit to playing with 3D on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Um will you miss out on anything if you can't see 3D? Kinda blind.

Nope. You don't even need to turn it on if you don't like it. It just looks cool. I hear using it with KH3D gives you headaches, anyways xD

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions doesn't allow you to use 3D in cut-scenes, I own and have won the entire game. Not a single cut-scene, even the awesome ones.

Oh, they probably didn't want to waste time making the cutscenes 3D, then. That is just a case of laziness on the part of the developers.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I really want that Demo now, I love to have my 3D slider on full blast, it's disappointing when parts of the game are 2D. I feel for you Chuman.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yeah, I get headaches when having the 3D full blast. Anyway, it's nice to know that there're no speech bubble cutscenes. I hated when they used them in KH2 and KH1.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really want that Demo now, I love to have my 3D slider on full blast, it's disappointing when parts of the game are 2D. I feel for you Chuman.

Oh sweet! Anti-Venom is doing something awesome! Time for...

Beenox to troll me.

Anyway, I'm glad all scenes are voiced, but they probably won't be 3D because of the subtitles.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I believe they'd just have the subtitles float, as well. I'm pretty sure that's been done with 3D before.
Yep, in OOT 3D, the text bubbles float above everything, would imagine the subtitles would work the same way in Kh3D.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I am glad all of the scenes will be voiced. It can get kind of annoying with the speech bubbles.
I plan to keep the 3D on as long as it does not hurt my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back