• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are the challenges worth doing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ephemer

Alright, so I recently obtained Days, and while I'm enjoying it, the challenges I just unlocked seem like quite the hassle. I've completed 2 already, and, well, it's rather boring. However, I'm interested in what I could get by getting sigils: stuff would help, because I'm notoriously bad at video games. So, should I do them? Or should I save them for the end? Or not do them at all?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Sigils are definitely intended to be earned as you go through the game. For example, they give you a lot of early-game equipment, so it's obvious you were supposed to get them in the early game and not the endgame. That said, you can't necessarily complete all the challenges as soon as they're unlocked ("Enemy Level +50," for example, is a warning sign).

But that's just what the developers intended - not all the rewards are necessarily worth it. I'd definitely recommend you get 10 challenge sigils to earn the first-level Haste ability, because Haste isn't unlocked in any other way, but if you stop after that you'd be doing no worse than I did in my last playthrough.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game does unlock a special feature after beating the game if you earn one or more challenge sigil in every challenge (well, that's the short explanation, anyways). It's essentially Days' equivalent to the secret endings of previous games, though it's not a video. Specifically: You unlock diary entries for other characters spanning the entire story. You'll have to decide for yourself if that's worth the extra trouble.

If you're looking for free stuff, remember that you can also complete missions in single-player Mission Mode to earn Mission Crowns, but the process is equally tedious. If you can find a friend to play with you, all the better.

Last edited:

ephemer

("Enemy Level +50," for example, is a warning sign).

I'll fight anyone I'll fight myself (ahahaha) anyway

Thank you a lot! I'll probably try doing them for at least one medal, but not all the time, when I'm feeling it. I probably shouldn't stress out so much :p

And I do have a friend with Days, I just realized!
So yeah, thank you a lot for easing my mind.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
No problem!

Oh, and if you're going to play with your friend, here's a quick explanation about Mission Crowns: when you first complete a mission in mission mode, you get a certain number of Mission Crowns, usually 3 but sometimes more and sometimes less (the final bosses are worth something like 7 or 8?). But on replays, you don't necessarily get any. The player who earns the most mission points during the round gets 1 bonus crown. This is still true on replays, and also applies to doing mission mode in single player (since you always win when you're not competing with anyone!)

Unfortunately, to get all the prizes you need 358 crowns and the game doesn't actually offer that many for doing a full playthrough. You have to replay missions and win. Still, it's worth doing if you and your friend are having fun, since you'll rake in more than enough prizes. After all, youalmost always get 3 or more crowns (where with challenges you might just get 1), so the prizes tend to come in at a faster rate!

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I did most of the challenges in my play-through and it's a real drag. I won't do them because it makes the game less fun and sometimes you need the extra motivation to start the game up to go through another 3-4 boring missions.

Rexy

Bronze Member
I've completed the game 100%, all sigils and missions crowns and the most difficult to me was the speed missions on some boss battles or the 'no damage's, looking at you leech grave and ruler of the skies, other than that I think it's something cool to do after completing the main campaign (the mission mode at least). The sigil challenges just do them while playing the story but those hard missions wait until end game

ephemer

I did most of the challenges in my play-through and it's a real drag. I won't do them because it makes the game less fun and sometimes you need the extra motivation to start the game up to go through another 3-4 boring missions.

I'm attempting to 100% CoM do not worry for my endurance, my friend, but I do rather appreciate your concern. I could imagine that it gets repetitive after a while.

I've completed the game 100%, all sigils and missions crowns and the most difficult to me was the speed missions on some boss battles or the 'no damage's, looking at you leech grave and ruler of the skies, other than that I think it's something cool to do after completing the main campaign (the mission mode at least). The sigil challenges just do them while playing the story but those hard missions wait until end game

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting until I'm at a much higher level than current recommended levels (I'm 11 and on Day 71), I don't much like suffering. The only game where I hate grinding is Pokemon, other than that I can live, hopefully.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Are you also trying to 100% each mission by filling the mission bar thing completely? I remember doing that and it can be tough and burdensome.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Eh, I don't find the Mission Bar so hard to complete, excepting Mission 89 for reasons that should be obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back