• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are there other keyblade wielders besides the heroes we know?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
My opinion is yes. In BBS, Xehanort reports mentioned other keyblade warriors scattered around the world. KH never said that the group we knew was the last. And I would like this topic to be raised in future games.

okhi12

Awards
Somewhere in BBS (a Xehanort report?) it is mentioned that the number of keyblade wielders is much lower than in the distant past, but it is never said that Eraqus, Xehanort and Yen Sid (retired) and their disciples are the last. There must be others somewhere, but there are so many worlds out there that the actual chance of a wielder meeting another (unrelated) one by coincidence is really low (let's forget the fact that Terra, Aqua and Ven ended up visiting the exact same worlds when there are much more, because that's plot and the limitations of the game). That would be the logical explanation.
But Xehanort also mentioned that he wanted to reenact the Keyblade War and that wielders from across the worlds would be summoned and reunited at the destined place where they leave their mark on destiny, the keyblade graveyard. Well, the War happened in KH3 and those unknown wielders from across the worlds didn't show up, only the ones we know. Surely Xehanort forgot to send the invitations...

Obiewantsanipod

I'm sure there is. I'm very hopeful that after the MoM saga wraps up all villains and protagonists introduced will be from the current era. It's a long way down the road, but if it does happen I would feel so refreshed moving away from all the backwards writing and prequel games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There are. They are just so spread out in the universe that the likelihood of running into one is low, but I think we might see this kind of information get expanded upon in the future.

Vanitas was certainly confident in the belief that Keyblade wielders from everywhere would flock to the Keyblade War, a belief likely born from Xehanort’s teachings and also from his memories of Ven’s life (it is confirmed in the newest KH3 novel that Vanitas remembers Ven’s past life)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I always thought it funny why Xehanort believed other Keyboard wielders would flock to the Graveyard. Like...he just assumed these people, who are who knows where, who may not even know about the Keyblade Graveyard, who probably didn't know it was happening, can't even see the summoned Kingdom Hearts because it's on another world, and may not even know how to get there in the first place, would just appear and fight each other just like that.

(it is confirmed in the newest KH3 novel that Vanitas remembers Ven’s past life)
Would have been nice to have this info where it matters. Hopefully Re:Mind will do something but I doubt it...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always thought it funny why Xehanort believed other Keyboard wielders would flock to the Graveyard. Like...he just assumed these people, who are who knows where, who may not even know about the Keyblade Graveyard, who probably didn't know it was happening, can't even see the summoned Kingdom Hearts because it's on another world, and may not even know how to get there in the first place, would just appear and fight each other just like that.

It was always a weird thing, yeah. Does Kingdom Hearts send a beacon or something to Keyblade wielders? Is it like getting a “find your phone” ping?

Would have been nice to have this info where it matters. Hopefully Re:Mind will do something but I doubt it...

Lol, Kingdom Hearts telling us pertinent information in the games? That’d be the day 😂

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
There has to be. I can imagine tons of Keybearers spread across the realm, not caring about the fate of other worlds.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I imagine so. Now the question is if Xehanort or one of his clones can sense whether there are more random joes with a key nearby in another world. That poor sap though has probably been killing heartless for 3 years wondering what the hell are these things.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It was always a weird thing, yeah. Does Kingdom Hearts send a beacon or something to Keyblade wielders? Is it like getting a “find your phone” ping?

Well Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be be the Light of all lights, right? So maybe Xehanort's thinking was that if Kingdom Hearts is summoned, a light would shine so bright that Keyblade wielders all over would have no choice but to check it out. Maybe similar to how bright Riku's light was in BBS, but on a much bigger scale.

It's not the first time Xehanort was wrong, but I could see where he was coming from. Especially when you consider how wielders of old would seek light out, never mind the whole Keyblade War revolving around Lux.

Obiewantsanipod

Well Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be be the Light of all lights, right?

And yet it requires 13 devils and a full scale war to forge the keyblade needed to unlock it.......what kind of light is it emitting?

So maybe Xehanort's thinking was that if Kingdom Hearts is summoned, a light would shine so bright that Keyblade wielders all over would have no choice but to check it out.

I would surmise that many of them don't even know that other worlds exist.

It's interesting though, I remember playing gravity rush where in the first game, the main enemies are known as Nevi, while in the second, in a different city, they're referred to as Scarabs. I can't help but wonder what those keyblade wielders would make of heartless and nobodies and kingdom hearts, would their perception be remotely similar to our cast?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be be the Light of all lights, right? So maybe Xehanort's thinking was that if Kingdom Hearts is summoned, a light would shine so bright that Keyblade wielders all over would have no choice but to check it out. Maybe similar to how bright Riku's light was in BBS, but on a much bigger scale.

It's not the first time Xehanort was wrong, but I could see where he was coming from. Especially when you consider how wielders of old would seek light out, never mind the whole Keyblade War revolving around Lux.

But what about remote locations and worlds so detached from everything that they don't even understand he purpose of the Keyblade or don't even know what Kingdom Hearts is?

It's interesting though, I remember playing gravity rush where in the first game, the main enemies are known as Nevi, while in the second, in a different city, they're referred to as Scarabs. I can't help but wonder what those keyblade wielders would make of heartless and nobodies and kingdom hearts, would their perception be remotely similar to our cast?

Ooo, are we getting into anthropology?

I would imagine that they would have a different name for Heartless and Nobodies and Unversed and any other enemy type that exists out there. Don't forget that plenty of worlds didn't even have names for these enemies until the KH cast arrived to fight them due to how more recent their appearance was. Most would call them creatures or beasts.

But we also see a case of different terminology in San Fransokyo. The Darkubes and the Bug Blox are very similar in look and design and yet they have different names.

The only reason the names would be the same or similar is if by circumstance, these names were spread throughout the universe by one or multiple people either orally or written.

And on that note, we don't know what happens to all of the copies of the Book of Prophecies, so it is also very possible that these books were scattered across the universe and found their way into the hands of different people, eventually leading to similar terminology being used across said universe because they were all operating from the same source material.

The most remote and unaffected of worlds would likely have different terminology, but worlds that were either directly or indirectly affected by known events of the series would adopt similar terminology.

This would also be something that'd affect the knowledge of Keyblade wielders across the universe, too.[/QUOTE]

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
And yet it requires 13 devils and a full scale war to forge the keyblade needed to unlock it.......what kind of light is it emitting?

Good question. Although something to remember is that this is all Xehanort's theory that ended up working. It's possible that it could unlock in other ways. But you wonder why you'd need more darkness than light in order for the thing to appear. This might be one of those things where knowing what Kingdom Hearts ACTUALLY is could bring some clarity.

If there's Keyblade wielders, I'd go on a limb and say that they'd probably know that there's more than just their own world that exists. Unless they just happened to come across a Keyblade somehow. If there's a society of wielders, you'd normally expect the lore to pass down, unless a Dandelion settled on a world and kept everything on the hush in order to protect the World Order... even though with an all-powerful key, someone finding out the truth eventually is bound to happen.

But what about remote locations and worlds so detached from everything that they don't even understand he purpose of the Keyblade or don't even know what Kingdom Hearts is?

No idea. But if Kingdom Hearts is allegedly the strongest light in the universe, maybe somehow even they would notice it in some shape or form. It's tough to say because we don't know for sure if there's a society of wielders hanging around throughout the galaxies, although I personally think it's quite possible. But this would be a really interesting premise if they ever decide to focus on a new protagonist. Maybe it depends on if there's only one wielder or many. If there's only one, then how could they know? But if there's many, and a society was established...

Actually you could argue that Sora is that protagonist and Destiny Island is that remote location because as far as we know, it's not a particularly unique world that's integral to the World at large. We know Xehanort came from there, but he felt the place was too small. It begs the question though, how did he leave his world and end up becoming who we know him as? How did he even come to have the theory of 7 Lights, 13 Darknesses being the key? He thought one darkness and one light clashing would work, as we saw in BBS. What changed, where and when did he come to that realization?

We really need to see Kingdom Hearts in action first, because all we've really seen of it is be a moon in the background, with characters telling us that it's the strongest thing in existence.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
There are. They are just so spread out in the universe that the likelihood of running into one is low, but I think we might see this kind of information get expanded upon in the future.

Vanitas was certainly confident in the belief that Keyblade wielders from everywhere would flock to the Keyblade War, a belief likely born from Xehanort’s teachings and also from his memories of Ven’s life
Was pretty much gonna say this. But more importantly:
(it is confirmed in the newest KH3 novel that Vanitas remembers Ven’s past life)
..... Right, of course he does.

It's not like this needlessly adds questions about an already dead character's already confusing and unclear motivations. Nope! Rather than post that rant, could you elaborate on this a bit more? What does this change do in service of the character/story thus far? Does it mean, change, or explain anything at all?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It's not like this needlessly adds questions about an already dead character's already confusing and unclear motivations. Nope! Rather than post that rant, could you elaborate on this a bit more? What does this change do in service of the character/story thus far? Does it mean, change, or explain anything at all?

Maybe it might explain why Vanitas holds so much contempt for Ven. I get that it's his dark side, but Ven REALLY wanted to body that kid completely in BBS. KH3, I think he calmed down slightly after getting his ass kicked and having to cling to life until he was ready to go again, but you can still feel the ill will he holds towards Ven (and even Sora).

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Maybe it might explain why Vanitas holds so much contempt for Ven. I get that it's his dark side, but Ven REALLY wanted to body that kid completely in BBS. KH3, I think he calmed down slightly after getting his ass kicked and having to cling to life until he was ready to go again, but you can still feel the ill will he holds towards Ven (and even Sora).
While I certainly appreciate the attempt, none of that actually had anything to do with Vanitas having memories of Ven's old life. We already know Vanitas is implied to be jealous of Ventus' friendships, that he sees him as the weaker half (an extension of his own weakness that he seeks to suppress or destroy), and that the two's nature as opposing half's (initially) compels them to wish to destroy the other. The explanation is already there.

Aside from the laundry list of questions this new information brings up in terms of Ven/Vanitas' characterization and the story up until this point (which I really don't want to have to post), my main question is WHY this change was necessary in the first place? It never comes up, never gets referenced, is never alluded to, or has any sort of relevance before Vanitas dies. So what possible benefit is there to the character or the story as it stands? What changes? If the answer is "nothing substantial," then it's just another shoehorned attempt at trying to connect as many current character's to Ux in order to further establish future storylines (which should not be the aim of KH3 as a finale), but again, that's an "if".

Elliekey13

Awards
I would be surprised if there weren't. I mean, Eraqus is a descendant of one of the keykids, right? Most likely one of the leaders. And even though a significant portion of the keybalde wielders were killed in the war, a decent amount did survive. So I find it unlikely at least a few didn't decide to pass down they keyblade and keep the light protected for the future generation and what not.
After all, thats what most likely happened with Eraqus and Xehanort's master. The keyblade was passed down from master to pupil. There's probably a few different keyblade wielders with similar situations, they're just scattered over the cosmos so far away that out protagonists just won't feasibly run into them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Keyblade%20Wielder01B.png
Keyblade%20Wielder02B.png
Keyblade%20Wielder03B.png
Keyblade%20Wielder04B.png
Keyblade%20Wielder05B.png

What if Nomura made these guys relevant? That would be hilarious and not out of the realm of possibilities.

disney233

Awards
Oswald & Mortimer exists..........those two being keyblade wielders is something I want to see. I mean, so long as they stay secluded from the others.....but knowing Nomura, anyone with a Keyblade HAS to be relevant to Xehanort or MoM's plot.

Arso Martinera

Hi,
I really dislike the fact that so many people can wield keyblades now. I could deal with Riku and Roxas. Kairi was upsetting but I got over it. Everyone else though, I think that's too much.
Same with the whole idea of a keyblade master just being one who wields the keyblade
DafontShowboxAdam4adam

Last edited:
Back