• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you a smoker or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
For some reason I think the newer Truth ads are really irritating. Like the "Left swipe dat" thing. Where it's cool to binge eat at fast food and eat yourself to death. Which is oh, only one of the biggest epidemic in the US. Just sayin', don't glorify one major health issue and then whine about another. >_>

Pandymint

Awards
For some reason I think the newer Truth ads are really irritating. Like the "Left swipe dat" thing. Where it's cool to binge eat at fast food and eat yourself to death. Which is oh, only one of the biggest epidemic in the US. Just sayin', don't glorify one major health issue and then whine about another. >_>

Oh yeah theyve gotten so much so much more annoying over the years. I'm glad I no longer have cable so I don't have to endure those terrible things.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Didn't Michele Obama's Day of Play where she encouraged kids to go out and play for a whole day fail?

Anyways, I am going to avoid that political side. No need to make smoking into an all ready bigger problem than it is. Truth is hypocritical!

My apartment complex also banned smoking in the apartment. I feel sorry for the smokers because I don't know where they are going to smoke now. I don't know if this includes the balcony and I am also not sure how my guests will feel about this since one of them is an addictive smoker.

By the way, how would you feel if restaurants brought back smoking lounges?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Makes you wonder who these ads are really for.

*X Files Theme*
People who haven't started smoking yet.

My apartment complex also banned smoking in the apartment. I feel sorry for the smokers because I don't know where they are going to smoke now. I don't know if this includes the balcony and I am also not sure how my guests will feel about this since one of them is an addictive smoker.

Most buildings want to ban smoking in apartments to avoid fires [even though starting a fire with a cigarette is kinda hard to do these days with the chemicals they put in cigs], and generally the smell for reselling makes it near impossible to make money. Plus I've seen a lot of shit holes have burnt carpets from hookahs and whatnot [the coals diddly shit up]. I don't blame them.

Most people just go outside on the patio/balconies or in the garages if there is one.

I wouldn't like restaurants to allow smoking tbh. Only place I don't mind it in is hookah bars. I don't ever smoke and eat, it's weird on my stomach. But coffee and a cigarette is sometimes nice.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com

I wouldn't mind it. I'd make use of it. Though as a smoker I honestly can live without them.

I was in High School when I started smoking, and had to go the whole school day without. So 1-2 hours tops at a restaurant isnt that big a deal to me.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh, as a non-smoker I would absolutely detest it. I wouldn't even go anywhere that allowed that, honestly. Second hand smoke is still quite damaging to lungs and having a section does nothing to stop smoke from drifting over.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I wouldn't go there anymore. Like, I've been to a restaurant a while back that had such a smoking lounge, and it was completely cut off in a different room. That was okay for me. But anything that isn't like a separate room...meh, I don't like it. :/

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Smoking sections that aren't in on other room are kinda pointless imo, completely defeats the purpose.
I can't speak for everywhere but when I was growing up and smoking sections were still around, they usually weren't separated well. Typically the section would just be on the other side of the restaurant.

I don't really think it's fair to staff either, honestly. People need to work and the service industry is a big portion of jobs, so to force wait staff to inhale smoke just to pay their bills isn't really fair. And if anyone just suggests they not work there, that is all well and good unless this actually came back and was in a significant amount of restaurants as opposed to a niche thing. I don't think it will, I'm just throwing that out there.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I can't speak for everywhere but when I was growing up and smoking sections were still around, they usually weren't separated well. Typically the section would just be on the other side of the restaurant.

Same!
That's why I mentioned that, because often you just go to a "corner" and that's supposed to help. Like...waoow.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
As a smoker, I'm relatively glad we no longer have smoking in restaurants. There's convenience, sure, but I honestly prefer going outside for a cigarette. And I savour as much respite from smoking as much as possible.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
The fact I've not smoked since Friday, and see it as an achievement is worrisome.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I couldn't possibly imagine myself with a cigarette in my hand. I have to ensure that I don't expose myself to this health hazard and find other means to relieve my anxiety.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I couldn't possibly imagine myself with a cigarette in my hand. I have to ensure that I don't expose myself to this health hazard and find other means to relieve my anxiety.

A wise decision. I convince myself cigarettes help me unwind, but then I start worrying about how unhealthy it is, and how it's fucking with my throat.

SoulXaldin

Awards
A wise decision. I convince myself cigarettes help me unwind, but then I start worrying about how unhealthy it is, and how it's diddlying with my throat.

I'm not sure if there are any official organization or practices which help people quit smoking, but if so, maybe you should consider participating if smoking makes you worry about your health. When I was younger, my dad would smoke often every now and then. Eventually he quit and he never went back to it ever since. The effects were becoming apparent, so he had to quit. He's actually been better than ever. I don't want to put this drastic image that smoking is like drinking a bottle of bleach but, if you are concerned, maybe you should consider quitting.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man, the feeling when because of a flu you`r head and nose are full of goo and you can`t smell anything. Then when you finally sneeze enough that air once gets trough you`r nose and and you are able to smell something. You`r ever delighted to inhale fresh air trough you`r nose again, but as you inhale instead of fresh hair the smell of cigarettes punctures into you`r nose. Some egghead broke the rules again and is smoking in the terrace.

thumbs-aloft.gif

Angelic Blight

Nope and I don't plan on it.
My mum is a heavy smoker and she doesn't really care that she does it.
Me personally think it's a disgusting habit.

There are much better ways to relief stress or worry.
Without jeopardising your wellbeing in the process.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
No. One of my pet peeves also is talking to someone whilst they're smoking. Almost seemed like a rude gesture, don't even get me started on vapers.

While the smell of vape is more tolerable, it gets worse when they do it a seat away from you. I once went out with friends on an outdoor restaurant. Then while waiting for food, 3 of them pulled out their---I don't know what they're called those devices--- then just started huff'n puffin. The mixed vape smelled like piss and wine cocktail, that it made me nauseous.

Back