• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you a smoker or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So for the past month I've been tracking how much I smoke each day. Lowest I think has been 5 cigs, average is about 8. Highest was like, maybe 10 or 11 cigs.

@w@ at least i'm holding myself accountable!

I just wanna try to lessen the amount if I can to 5 a day. I think I'd feel better.
I wish you luck with probably cutting back to like one cigarette a day. Congrats! I'm glad that you're not just letting go and smoking like a chimney. Keep it up!

redcrown

Awards
Not a smoker, but there are some occasions when I do like twice...thrice a year, with a friend I feel well and relaxed with. We're classmates at the art uni so it all gets very artistic and melancholic when we find a rainy day and thoughts to share.
So there are some irrational smokers and some elegant smokers, depends on how they deal with this habit.
Not planning to become a smoker tho cuz it's hella expensive, actually not good for my health and singing voice, my mouth would stink forever haha just like my ex's and enough other reasons.

So basically it's different based on how you present yourself while smoking, even if it's for the same reason; i.e your cool factor.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have only tried smoking a blunt maybe three times? Never got high any of those times lol My friend tried to get me to try her cigs once but I didn’t like the smell of the menthol so I said no. I always thought I would as a kid just because it seemed like a thing I would choose to do, but in the end it never was appealing.

My family used to all be smokers but they all quit when I was born, so I thought it would be best to honor their choice of honoring me lol

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I have only tried smoking a blunt maybe three times? Never got high any of those times lol My friend tried to get me to try her cigs once but I didn’t like the smell of the menthol so I said no. I always thought I would as a kid just because it seemed like a thing I would choose to do, but in the end it never was appealing.

My family used to all be smokers but they all quit when I was born, so I thought it would be best to honor their choice of honoring me lol

Its almost like the knew you were suspected of greatness since after all you are the only "villain" here in place filled with goody wholesome christian bois lol.

sephydark

Awards
I'm really allergic to cigarettes, so I never tried smoking one. I'm miserable enough when someone smokes in my vicinity.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I don't smoke. Partly religion (I'm Mormon) and partly how the blazes can people willingly breathe that stinky stuff is why I don't..tho I respect those that do and don't make a issue of it.

I knew a few in college that smoked, pee-yuu. I don't like that smell thank you.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't smoke. Partly religion (I'm Mormon) and partly how the blazes can people willingly breathe that stinky stuff is why I don't..tho I respect those that do and don't make a issue of it.

I knew a few in college that smoked, pee-yuu. I don't like that smell thank you.

A lot of people become desensitized after repeated use. I know my mom said she never paid attention to the smell or taste of it until she got pregnant. After that it was super strong, disgusting and overbearing.

But yeah, repeated exposure by choice plays a big role in it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not me. I only smoked a Cigar once after a friend's wedding but that's it. I didn't particularly dislike it but I didn't feel the need to try it again.

I'm not even interested in Vaping

Awards
I would rather bathe in hot molten chocolate than smoke.

Like, I am so against smoking that I cover the bottom half of my face and my nose with my shirt when I see someone lighting a cigarette.

2 quid is good

Awards
Don't smoke, and never have. For some reason quite a few people who know me irl are a little surprised by it, and I have to admit, the image of smoking a cigarette still holds a little bit of "cool factor" to me to this day, but I grew up with a grandfather who smoked and that didn't end well, but I think what really killed it for me was working at a newsagents/bookstore.

The amount of money people will spend on addiction is unfathomable, lotto, fags, MMO e wallet cards, anything. It's crazy. And the fact that they're regulars too is depressing. I pretty much have a decent knowledge of cigs now, like which one people would prefer if they ask for a specific flavour or price or something, but even so I still think I would never smoke but who knows?

I'm certainly never buying cigarettes at least, when a pack of Benson and hedges is over £10, and your still buying 4 packs plus a day, that's screwed up

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Nope, don't smoke. I think I'm very sensitive to certain smells, I get headaches so easily from even a whiff of cigarettes or blunts. I don't know how people do it.

I swore off the stuff from the getgo pretty much. Never tried it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I smoked. Intermittently (and very sparingly) from middle school through early college. I don't know how I managed. I'm sensitive to smells, and I've HATED second-hand smoke since I was little. But I never smoked indoors. I always had to have that outside circulation, because I still hated smelling my own smoke.

Only towards the end did I notice it ramping up from the occasional partaking to smoking nearly a pack a day. I wasn't handling the stressors in my life, and I couldn't run when I started weight training. I love to run, so I stopped. Then I had to deal with coughing and healing of my lungs for months after. It's been over 10 years since I've had a cigarette. Quit once, cold turkey. (Sidenote: I also stopped drinking sodas, which I only started drinking heavily around college the same day. Figured if I could do cigarettes, I could do soft drinks, which I never really drank as a child.)

I've smoked cigars on the odd occasion. I can count the number I've had in my lifetime on one hand.

Even after all that, there's still times when a cigarette sounds good (not like cravings I had when I quit, it's fleeting), but I would need to be in an appropriate mental space that 100% assured it wouldn't lead to habitual use.

Also, cigarettes were becoming expensive when I quit, and I have no intention of adding them back onto my tab for economical reasons.

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
No. The fear of cigarettes and their effects was beaten into me at an early age. I don't, however, care if someone does smoke. So long as it's not being blatantly advertised to younger/impressionable audiences, I say let smokers smoke (that is to say that I DO worry about the health of my friends and loved ones of they do).

Awards
The negative effects were beaten into my head too. Makes me wonder why people keep smoking them outside of pure ignorance or not even caring.

I honestly feel like I'm gonna end up with lung cancer simply because I have to deal with those goddamn deathsticks every day.

And tbh I just want to snatch one out of a person's hand and stomp on it repeatedly cuz I'm sick of seeing them now.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I am a former smoker. I had grown up around tobacco, with my dad smoking a pipe and cigars and then my brother smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco in high school. As a kid I always despised it but in high school I tried a few and it was downhill from there.

I smoked on and off for about 4 years or so, at the height of my usage I was getting close to a pack a day but I realized pretty quickly it was poorly affecting me as I developed a bit of a smoker's cough. And also I'd say MD is in the medium price range for cigarettes, so the ones I smoked were usually around $7 a pack which adds up fast. I did officially quit around June of last year but I had one cigarette this year and smoked some cigars this year too but I've cut it out again. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it, but I know psychologically I miss the ritualistic nature of it, i.e. having one with morning coffee, taking a smoke break at work, late night drives with cigs and coffee, etc. The hardest part about quitting for me was letting go of that mindset and those rituals.

Back