• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you jumping ship after KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

4EverFree

Awards
Re: Are you jumping off ship after KH3?

I would have to play KH3 before deciding whether to continue it or not, but knowing the nature of the series (ie cliffhangers) and my insatiable appetite for all things KH. A more than likely no.
Unless they throw a MASSIVE curve ball and all goes downhill, only then would I jump ship.... maybe :3

Last edited:

TerravsVentus

Ummmm.... NO.

I'll quit playing the series when the quality of the games starts to drop. Like any other sane gamer.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

The series can go to shit and I'll probably still be buying new consoles soley to play KH haha

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

The jury is still out on whether I'll care about the story past KH3, but I'll definitely still pick up the games if the gameplay continues to improve and be enjoyable. I personally love Xehanort as a villain, so I'm not sure how I'll like the series without him (since, in all honesty, he is every bit as much the main character as Sora is so far), but I'll check it out.

WaveK89

I've devoted too much to this series to stop, so I will keep on going until I or the series ends.

KMS

I'd like to say that I would leave if the games got worse, but I really wouldn't be able to. Just, the nostalgia of the Disney characters, and the nostalgia of Sora I have become so accustomed to would be too much for me to overcome (without a psychiatrist...).

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Yeah, but nostalgia shouldn't affect your reactions to new games in the series.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'll see what any of the games after KH3 look like before I decide, but I do enjoy KH so I might stick with it.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

No way, I'm staying with this series FOREVER~ But I'll probably have those moments where I stop playing, but I'll still read KH news and stuff.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com

Kingdom Hearts brought me into the world of gaming. Seriously. I would still be a bookworm who didn't know what Nintendo or Square Enix or the internet was if I hadn't tried out KH while visiting my sister once. Quitting on it now would be like quitting on a part of who I am, so even if the next saga is just terrible on 15 different levels, I'd probably still play.

That being said, hopefully the next saga will be 15 different levels of awesome and I won't have to cry myself to sleep at night over how pathetic I am for sticking such extreme sentimental value to a video game franchise.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com

I'm going to stay on the band wagon.
And you know what? It won't be so different when we are playing as new characters or if new villians come, because (for those of us who play Final Fantasy)it's just the way Square-Enix works.
Personally I can't find a better gaming company out there with as awesome graphic quality games as these, with brilliant (although confusing) story-lines.

Bring on KH3 and the new Saga! (Unless Xehenort wins, lmao).

sdr08

just to clarify, the next saga will be still Sora's story, right?

ShailsTDSPT

Depends on what comes after. But knowing Nomura, the answer is I will wrap myself on a chair on this boat and won't leave it unless it sinks.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com

I'm not sure where the story could really go after the Xehanort saga, but I'll go down with my shipping ships...that's for sure.

But by the time KHIII comes out, the apocalypse could already be taking place.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

just to clarify, the next saga will be still Sora's story, right?

The Kingdom Hearts series will always be Sora's story until the very last game is released. He will always be the main character. Of course there will be other games where we can play as other characters like we do in BBS or KH3D or 358/2 Days. But everything ties back to Sora eventually.

I think one reason some people are worried about a new saga is because Xehanort has been responsible for every bad thing in the series thus far. Xehanort is in many ways similar yet completely the opposite of Sora. Xehanort has many forms and Sora has many forms. Xehanort is the one who caused the pain for those in torment, Sora has to save those in torment. Nomura has hinted that Xehanort can connect to people's hearts but it has negative effects, Sora can connect to people's hearts but it has positive effects. If Sora is the main character of the series then Xehanort is certainly the second main character.

But there in is the beauty of a new saga. With a new villain comes a fresh start where there are so many possibilities. KH3 clears up the complex Xehanort saga plot, and then we return to a simplisitic plot with a new saga that over the course of future games grows complex and then is wrapped up in the final game in that saga. And then perhaps we'll have another saga after that, though considering how Trios are so important in the series I get the feeling three sagas is the max for the series.

Not to mention if Xehanort was right in BBS, when the true Kingdom Hearts is opened then a person can create a brand new world and if that happens then all the rules and laws of the KH could change which means anything can happen in the next saga. With so much freedom a new saga may be better than the Xehanort saga.

Though I will admit i'll miss Xehanort, he has grown to become one of my favorite if not my favorite villain.

Katsagu

Awards

Of course not! Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game :D
Well, only if the story gets bad of course, wich i dont think it will :)

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

course not...kingdom hearts helped change my life. so im not leaving so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back