• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Arendelle Battle Theme

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rii

Awards
Ever since D23 when Arendelle was announced for KH3, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the possibility of the world paying homage to the Broadway musical, which played in Denver for just shy of 2 months at the end of 2017, before opening on Broadway in March of 2018.

Before I get much farther into this, please understand that I realize this is incredibly unlikely, however I don’t think it’s entirely impossible.

As we know, Disney is working much closer with Square Enix on this than any previous installment in the franchise. Also, the composers for the movie, Robert and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, also composed the new music for the Broadway musical. I’m not sure exactly how Yoko Shimomura goes through the process of composing music for Kingdom Hearts, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some form of communication between her and Disney - at least for this installment. If this were the case, then some of this new music would absolutely be on Robert and Kristen’s minds when in talks about Arendelle.

One song from the musical, Colder by the Minute, takes place during the climax of the show - in the blizzard Elsa creates as she escapes Hans’s imprisonment. This song is beautiful, and I think it has some wonderful moments that could work really well as the world’s battle theme.

[video]https://youtu.be/5dwHqzuxJfQ[/video]

What do you think? I’m not asking if you think anything from the musical will be used, because I don’t really think it will myself. I’m asking if you think it would be neat to hear. Also, have you seen the musical? Can you think of anything else from the musical you would like to see? Would you like to see more homages to Disney’s Broadway in the series?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Man, that'd be cool if Shimomura did more deep cuts with music. The Hunchback musical from off-broadway had so many cool stage-exclusive melodies that would have served a potential KH3 Notre Dame world in a major way. Unforunately, she typically only will use the most recognizable tune from a movie, or come up with something original. The soundtracks are still awesome, but they usually don't have anything to hide in terms of Disney motifs. Quick, someone prove me wrong.

Broadway rant:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Man, that'd be cool if Shimomura did more deep cuts with music. The Hunchback musical from off-broadway had so many cool stage-exclusive melodies that would have served a potential KH3 Notre Dame world in a major way. Unforunately, she typically only will use the most recognizable tune from a movie, or come up with something original. The soundtracks are still awesome, but they usually don't have anything to hide in terms of Disney motifs. Quick, someone prove me wrong.

Broadway rant:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
i would like to see some brodway motfits in kh someday but not right now

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rii

Awards

Broadway rant:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yes!!! I love the Hunchback musical, and would have LOVED to hear some from the live musical in the world!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

i would like to see some brodway motfits in kh someday but not right now

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Why not now, if you don’t mind my asking?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Ever since D23 when Arendelle was announced for KH3
Wasn't it E3 that announced the Frozen world for KH3? Cause the worlds that were previously announced at D23 were:

Big Hero 6 - D23 2015
Toy Story - D23 2017
Monster's Inc. - D23 Japan 2018

But all that aside, it would be interesting to utilize elements from the film better yet the Broadway Musical for the battle theme, of course, we already had that battle theme that was heard during the E3 2018 trailer (Go at 1:00 min.):
[video]https://youtu.be/U7Gs1wUzOnY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back