• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Ark, True Dandelion, and Kh3 Secret ending assumptions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nighthawk711

Awards
With today’s update, “the true dandelion” is confusing us all. So far possibilities include:
1. Ventus since he was deemed as pure light just before, but we know how KH uses word plays and red herrings...he was actually the false dandelion 🤔

2. Strelitzia due to the similar white robe. But personally, I don’t feel we know her enough although she was the “true” dandelion before darkness intervened. It seems Luxu is disconnected from her role and would not feel much empathy or interest for her. but her being the first to actually “die” still has value...

3. Ava, seeing how Luxu’s words in KH3R portray her as living, or carrying out plans so we can assumed she was not left behind or somehow still exists.

We can only guess who goes on the remaining 5 arks with who we KNOW to be in the future: 1. Maleficent. 2. Ventus (true dandelion or not), 3. Marluxia, 4. ELRENA(HOW?) 5. Possibly Skuld-Subject X implication. Or maybe player. Or somehow Kairi/grandmother/Ava cluster theory still could be possible.

We assume Luxu jumped bodied and Ephemer stayed behind or atleast did not use the ark.

But MY BIG QUESTION IS: If every ark was used by these assumed characters, then HOW DID the foretellers return in the strange sand portals??? Connection to the box? If so, we can start to diminish the theory that the box-coffin contained the true dandelion. Ideas on these subjects? I know there are many questions and all of our brains are tripping out right now so I need to hear what fans weigh in on. Assumptions VS facts, KH facts are very fluid and multi dimensional so there is so much room for subjective interpretation

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Ventus as “the true dandelion“ seems a bit to obvious to me, Nomura likes to add surprise twist and in my opinion it‘s not much of a suprise if Ventus is the “ true dandelion“.

I feel that Strelitzia is going to play a big part in the future somehow and that she is going to return however I don’t that’s her in the cutscene

Although I want to say that its Ava as it would make sense, at the same time I have a feeling it’s not her either as if you think about it Nomura would probably figured that Ventus, Strelitzia and Ava would be most people first assumption so would Nomura really want to go with the options most people are expecting, like how a lot of people assumed the Nameless Star was Strelitzia as what the star was saying fit really well with the Strelitzia and Lauriam situation as a lot of what was said could easily apply to them but Nomura decided that it was probably to obvious and made it the girl from Verum Rex instead.

In terms of who takes the arc I think its definitely got to be:

1- Ventus
2- Skuld
3- Lauriam
4- Elrena ( Nomura is probably going to have her randomly show up last minute while everyone is discusing plans about what they should do next and then there probably going to wonder what is she doing in the tower and then she probably going to want an explanation to what is happening)
5 - I’m uncertain about this one but I think it could be Brain after all Eraqus is a descendant of his so he is going to have to survive, I think unlike the others whose arcs will send them into different points in the future, Brain will be the last one to leave but there will be something different about the arc he‘s in as perhaps it’s altered in some way that it sends him into the real Daybreak Town instead of into the future.

I don’t have any ideas of how the Foretellers got there at the end of KH3 all we know is Luxu summoned them although I‘m going to go with the connection to box theory or perhaps the connection has something to do with the No Name Keyblade since the Master did give it to Luxu it could be possible there is something about the Keyblade we don’t know yet

WolfLover10

Awards
Ventus, Larium, Elrena, Skuld, and Brain are most likely the 5 that use the Ark to get out of Data Daybreak, but I think Brain purposefully chose to stay in behind instead going to the future. All of the Arks are probably the same. They can be used to send someone between worlds or through time, but cannot do both at the same time. Darkness explains all that to Maleficent. So I believe it's more likely that the 5 used the arks to get out of Data Daybreak and after Brain configured it to send only the 4 to the future. Now it could be that Brain couldn't use the Ark to get to the future because someone would need to stay behind to manage the controls (most likely Darkness did the same for Maleficent). Or Brain realized he needed to stay in the past, to create Scala Ad Caleum and train new wielders.
Although that still doesn't explain who Luxu put in the Ark. We can assume the ark is only going to be used to send said "true dandelion" to the future since the pod in Data Daybreak was already destroyed. This scene also probably takes place after Maleficent went to the future but before the 5 left the data world. (Due to the pod Maleficent used being gone.) It could be that this dandelion isn't any of the ones we've seen in the KHUX game. One possibility includes Demyx, considering we still have absolutely no background for him. Another option is that it's a body for Luxu to use in the future, I'm also not necessarily saying it's a replica either. I've also heard people suggesting it might be Xehenort. Unfortunately we just have to wait until we get more info before we can make better guesses.
I also think the 4 that went to the future probably arrived (woke up) around the same time. Based on secret reports subect X (who is most likely Skuld) should have already been in Radiant Garden's castle during the events of BBS. Ventus lost his heart for nearly a decade so didn't age at all. While nobodies XI and XII were some of the last recruited so they could have aged a bit before then. That would explain their age differences.

NoWay

Awards
I wonder if “The End of the World” is going to return in a new game because of the Arc in it. Or if that world is going to have any relevance in the next phase.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A little detail.
To travel, they must have a resource to recover body (via replica or himself´s existence in the future). And someone to remind that person.
That's not entirely accurate.

Anyone can use the ark to time travel, but they'll lose their bodies in the process, leaving only the heart. If they want to reclaim their bodies, then they need a medium (some sort of personal belonging) and someone with memories of them. If both condition are met, then their hearts will reform the lost bodies, making them whole again.

If they want to just shove the time travel hearts into a new vessel like Xehanort did with the replicas in KH3, that is also an option. But the medium and memory requirements only pertain to reforming their own bodies.
Ventus, Larium, Elrena, Skuld, and Brain are most likely the 5 that use the Ark to get out of Data Daybreak, but I think Brain purposefully chose to stay in behind instead going to the future. All of the Arks are probably the same. They can be used to send someone between worlds or through time, but cannot do both at the same time.
The ark's capabilities differ depending on the state of its completion. There isn't like a toggle that can go back and forth between world travel and time travel.

A completed ark allows its passengers to travel to other worlds.
An incomplete ark fails in its attempt to travel to other worlds and jettisons its passengers through time and space, sending them to the future.

Right now, the ark is incomplete. Brain would need to know how to finish building it in order for it to do anything but time travel.

I also think the 4 that went to the future probably arrived (woke up) around the same time. Based on secret reports subect X (who is most likely Skuld) should have already been in Radiant Garden's castle during the events of BBS. Ventus lost his heart for nearly a decade so didn't age at all. While nobodies XI and XII were some of the last recruited so they could have aged a bit before then. That would explain their age differences.
The way Subject X is written of in the reports suggest she did not arrive until after BBS, when Xehanort had already begun the experiments.

Ven, however, arrived at least 4 years prior to BBS.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think it's Elrena. If Luxu/Xigbar transported her to the future then that means that Lauriam has a contact to remember him by.

Ventus seems to be remembered by Xehanort and Eraqus which explains his transition to the future. Skuld is guaranteed to be Subject X at this point with Luxu/Xigbar being the point of contact to remember her by.

Aside from Ephemer and Brain, the others definitely seemed to have been flung into the far-future in a domino effect style.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I think it's Elrena. If Luxu/Xigbar transported her to the future then that means that Lauriam has a contact to remember him by.
I think it would be awesome if it was Elrena who was put in the ark by Luxu and I would really like if this was the case but considering he was talking about the “ the true dandelion“ I don’t think that phrase would really fit her character especially when you consider who she becomes in the future and although her original self is different from her nobody I still don’t think it would be her.

Although I guess if she doesn’t make an appearance in the final update then it might be a possibility.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But how would he have gotten Elrena out of the data world to put her in said pod? :unsure:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
But how would he have gotten Elrena out of the data world to put her in said pod? :unsure:
Elrena doesn't know that she's in a Data Daybreak Town yet. Maybe Luxu tells her the truth about the Dandelions and she wants to return back to the real world again.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Elrena doesn't know that she's in a Data Daybreak Town yet. Maybe Luxu tells her the truth about the Dandelions and she wants to return back to the real world again.
That's not answering my question? I'm wondering about the how, not the why.

Luxu and his burrito were in the real world. When we last saw Elrena, she was not, and the only way to get out (as far as we know) is with one of the remaining pods. If that is indeed her, how would you propose the two get together so he could then send her through the ark?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That's not answering my question? I'm wondering about the how, not the why.

Luxu was in the real world with his burrito. When we last saw Elrena, she was not, and the only way to get out (as far as we know) is with one of the remaining pods. If that is indeed her, how would you propose the two get together if that is indeed her so he could then send her through the ark?
Assuming Luxu never entered Data Daybreak Town, there's the possibility of Luxu manipulating Data Daybreak Town to communicate with Elrena like Ansem the Wise did with Roxas in Data Twilight Town to escape back to the real Daybreak Town.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Assuming Luxu never entered Data Daybreak Town, there's the possibility of Luxu manipulating Data Daybreak Town to communicate with Elrena like Ansem the Wise did with Roxas in Data Twilight Town to escape back to the real Daybreak Town.
how would she do that without using one of the pods?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
how would she do that without using one of the pods?
She would though. We know Larxene ends up in the present Kingdom Hearts timeline somehow so she's guaranteed to use the pod. Luxu, on the other hand, acquires vessels/reincarnates to continue living as told in the Kingdom Hearts III Secret Reports.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
She would though. We know Larxene ends up in the present Kingdom Hearts timeline somehow so she's guaranteed to use the pod. Luxu, on the other hand, acquires vessels/reincarnates to continue living as told in the Kingdom Hearts III Secret Reports.
You aren't listening.

There are two sets of Arks. One in the digital world, one in the physical. The scene with Luxu and the true dandelion is happening in the physical world.

If Elrena is the true dandelion, how did she get to the physical world when all of the pods in the digital world are accounted for. There's no time difference. Maleficent had *just* left.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
You aren't listening.

There are two sets of Arks. One in the digital world, one in the physical. The scene with Luxu and the true dandelion is happening in the physical world.

If Elrena is the true dandelion, how did she get to the physical world when all of the pods in the digital world are accounted for. There's no time difference. Maleficent had *just* left.
The only way I could imagine it being someone we saw in the digital town is, if one of them wasn't the actual person but a Data copy like Data!Sora.

Though I guess technically they could use the same technique they used to get into the digital town to get out of it. Getting to the future however would probably require the pods though.

Heart2Heart

Awards
While I don't have a real guess about the True Dandelion, one must also keep in mind why they use the word "dandelion". Master of Masters continues to refer to these important keyblade wielders as "seeds of light", and to go along with the subtle flower theme in KHUχ, dandelions are flowers with white-colored seeds that are able to fall off and blow in the wind to be planted. Not that I believe it myself, but it's not necessary that the person placed in the pod is a member of the group known as the dandelions, or their nature as a "true" dandelion refer to nature as a proper member of the group.

Also needs mentioning that at least ONE of the characters expected to arrive in the future via needs the two requirements to regain their body before properly being capable of serving as a means to regain another's body.

So, in general, it's best to consider all the characters that make appearances in the future whatsoever. Luxu, Invi, Gula, Aced, Ira, Ephemer, Ventus, Elrena, Lauriam, and from there it gets iffy. There are a handful of other implications about future appearances of these characters, one being the implication that Ava should have been capable of reuniting with the other Foretellers based on what Xigbar said, so is probably alive in the present day. There's the strong possibility Player is Xehanort all along. Subject X can only be a young woman who remembers 4 friends and a key and "May your heart be your guiding key" which leads to Subject X being one of the five female characters in Union χ.

That can't be Elrena because of the lack of "4 friends" and that Axel & Saïx do not identify Larxene as resembling the girl, could technically be Player if they're a girl and not Xehanort but the number of characters they consider friends exceeds 4 (while the New Union Leaders mutually consider Player a friend, I believe the point of mentioning 4 friends is to indicate they were a group of 5, such as Foretellers or Union Leaders) It could be Ava, but I don't know if her age matches with the 15 years of Subject X. Strelitzia is marginally possible, but considering she was "killed", I'm not sure how, not to me . Skuld is still the most likely candidate for the identity of Subject X.

Lastly, it should be noted whose bodies are seemingly relevant later on, indicating they regain their bodies, if they lose them in the first place. Luxu's is as he body swaps multiple times and he later becomes a Nobody. Elrena & Lauriam's are because they become Nobodies. Ventus as well, as his heart and body are important, separate elements by the end of Birth By Sleep. Subject X's (potentially Skuld) body would be necessary considering I don't think you can even attempt to discern the gender of a heart lol Player's body only really matters if they are Xehanort.

Heart2Heart

Awards
Generally though, my personal thoughts on the characters arriving in the future one way or another:

Skuld - If she is Subject X like is widely believed, she must use the Ark, how she recovers her body? Presumably Braig?

Ventus - He certainly becomes apprentice to Master Xehanort, so the Ark is most likely, especially since it seems like Darkness does need Ventus to escape Daybreak Town. How he recovers his body? If Xehanort is Player, that could be interesting if he regains enough memory to restore Ventus.

Lauriam - I think it's simply the Ark, however, the question is when and what world he arrives. A few years prior to the Organization's recruitment of IX - XIII begins. How he regains his body? Unknown.

Elrena - Same as Lauriam, for the most part.

Ephemer - I strongly believe either A. He somehow is transported to a separate realm (realm of sleep, final world, etc) and is capable of surviving there until he makes a move in KH3 from said realm, or B. DOES use the Ark, but is not restored (though I have seen some speculation pointing to Braig's scarf being Ephemer's scarf, and restoring Ephemer was just a foregone conclusion)

Luxu - It's very fairly clear that Luxu did not use the Ark, but instead waited and waited and waited, and presumably used No Name to body-snatch over decades, centuries, etc and used No Name to assist MoM record the Book of Prophecy and secured the Black Box somehow? My big guess is that Master Odin is Luxu's next identity.

Brain - Okay, big leap here, but my headcanon for sure. My opinion - Brain doesn't use the Ark either (or if so, didn't get far) and ends up in Twilight Town, and builds the Mansion, and presumably grows old there.

Awards
I highly doubt that the "true dandelion" is
  • Ventus
  • Lauriam
  • Elrena
  • Demyx
  • Luxord
The dandelions are supposed to be filled with light and bring hope to the universe.

Ventus- brought darkness to the future and was the tool that kickstarter Xehanort's numerous universe-destroying escapades

Lauriam/Elrena/Demyx/Luxord- these fuckers joined a universal doomsday cult twice, where they spent their work days terrorizing innocent people

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Ventus- brought darkness to the future and was the tool that kickstarter Xehanort's numerous universe-destroying escapades
While it's true that Ventus brought Darkness in the form of Vanitas to the future. He also had a rather large impact on the light of that era.

He slept in Sora's heart and most likely influenced him in untold ways. He influenced Roxas and Xion, which probably lead to them developing hearts faster. Without Ven we wouldn't really have the Sora we know and love. which would have in turn effected Riku and Kairi, along with everyone else Sora has touched. So in a way through Sora, Ven has had the biggest influence on the present of all known time travelers.

Also Xehanort would have probably still have gone after Terra even, if Ven hadn't appeared. Though I do wonder, if Riku and Kairi would have gotten their keyblades if there was no Ven. After all no Ventus would also mean no Vanitas, which would probably lead Xehanort to using another method to lure Terra away from the Land of Departure.

Hirokey123

Awards
So just as thing there are, unless the writers forgot, 3 Daybreak towns.

The original the war happened in, a second the Dandelions escaped to in order to avoid a war, and a third digital one they use to access a datascape in order to collect lux. Now until we know better that means that there are in reality 21 vessels to be used HOWEVER we take away 7 of those now because 7 are to be used to escape the digital world so in reality that means there are only 14 that matter. So now let's look a this objectively...

Of the 7 digital vessels 1 is taken by Maleficent leaving 6 and we have exactly 6 people we know need to escape this digital world. Ephemer, Brain, Lauriam, Ventus, Skuld, and Elrena with the latter I would assume be coming along because of Lauriam.

Of the 7 Second Daybreak town vessels 1 is taken by Maleficent to return to her own time and 1 is taken the "true" dandelions. This means only 5 vessels remain and this lines up with Luxu's secret report in KH3 saying he saw 5 people escape this world. Ventus, Skuld, Lauriam, and Elrena definitely travel to the future as we know and/or have heard about them being there. This leaves us with two people who are more iffy which are Ephemer and Brain.

It's clear one of these two is going to be the one who sets up scala and the regeneration of the worlds. All signs of this point to only one person and that is Brain. Scala's keyblades are modeled off starlight and master's defender of which the latter is both blade passed down through the order AND was originally Brain's keyblade. Second while we don't know exactly they set up the worlds to rebuild themselves they must have some sort of model to draw on, something with the data they need, aka the book of prophecy which is also in brain's possession. There is other evidence that whoever set up Scala has the book namely it's prophecies are known things, things taught to the students of scala, which is why Xehanort and Eraqus were both aware of them. Lastly Eraqus is supposedly descended from one of the dandelion leaders it can't be Ephemer and Ventus as they are still kids long after he is a dead old man, Marluxia and Larxene are young adults after he is a dead old man, and Skuld is 99% subject X meaning she arrived in the future after Eraqus is already an old man. Mix this with Brain having Master's Defender and looking extremely similar to Eraqus and it equals out to yes Brain did take one of the vessels. I also want to note Eraqus calls him his grandfather (not great grandfather) and the world is only partially reconstructed, so chances are that Brain jumped hundreds of years into the future and then started this whole world rebuilding process only maybe a hundred or so years ago from Dark Road Times.

This means Ephemer stays behind and that makes a lot of sense. Ephemer is the overall leader of the Dandelions and basically the Player's best friend so it would be bad form to just ditch them. In fact KH3 shows that Ephemer must still be somewhere with the Dandelions given that he sent their power to aid us in KH3. So yeah Ephemer is most likely the one who did not travel BUT he might have found a way to rescue the Dandelions from the virtual prison, but who really knows.

What that means though is that the usual suspects for the true dandelion are able to be pretty easily accounted for and reach their destinations without Luxu. Ergo I think that can only mean that it's none of them and thus I believe there are only a few possible options....

1. It's a new character we haven't seen before
2. It's a character we have seen before but is an outlier like maybe Yozora or Strelitzia
3. It's Demyx

I'm going with 3 because it would plug up some holes. Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord all are connected to the secrets of the ancient past of the keyblade but as it stands Demyx is the odd man out. Marluxia and Larxene are known past wielders who we've seen the general origins of now. Luxord has some kind of relationship to Verum Rex given that he's most certainly Yozora's driver, the better ending lets us see the top of head in the mirror, it sounds like him, and Luxord's VA confirmed he was voicing the driver so yeah. But what about Demyx?

Why isn't there a shred of a hint to Demyx's presence or past? Why is he even here in the organization so constantly when barely contributes anything of value their plans besides just being more meat? How can someone so cowardly and weak have such a powerful heart to have a full human Nobody? Xemnas said the only reason he is here is because he has secrets inside him. Demxy implies the only reason he ever came back to the Organization is because they basically strong armed him. Basically there isn't much of a case for Demyx to even be in this story and his list of accomplishments are nearly entirely non-existent. Despite being on the bad guys side he offered them no meaningful help and when he came back to their side a second time he actively worked against team darkness from the inside. Traveling around gathering up vessels and taking them to people who could fill them up with guardians of light, being in part directly responsible for Roxas's return and subsequently saved multiple guardians of light by doing so. And how did he do this? By being such an unassuming off the radar unknown factor that he could slip around and do stuff undetected.

This is why I believed Demyx is the true dandelion because when you look at the story Demyx was this lone little person planted into organization, a seed of light in the darkness, who due to his nature is cast to and fro wherever the winds take him just like an actual dandelion seed. His nature ensured he would never do anything big that would upset the greater plans at work, but his unassuming presence would allow him to do small things that had a large ripple effect. He would be just the kind of thing Luxu needs, a way to plant light into darkness that doesn't endanger the MoM's plan but does mess up the forces of Darkness. Given Luxu would have chosen him practically on a whim and sent him forward it would almost mean that Demyx is a Dandelion with no meaningful backstory and no grand transportation, Luxu just probably knocked him out and transported him. It's spur of the moment and unceremonious which fits the complete blank that is Demyx's story.

Anyway that accounts for the 7 virtual vessels and the 7 secondary daybreak town vessels but we still have the original 7. Given the MoM's words we can safely assume he used one of them meaning there are 6 left and we know Luxu didn't use one of them as the MoM's plan hinges on Luxu just living for literal eternity via body snatching until some vague appointed time in the future. So 6 vessels need to be taken and I can believe this works in one of two ways. Either they were all destroyed when the world was swallowed by darkness which is perfectly feasible I think to believe. OR 5 of these 6 vessels were taken by the Foretellers explaining why they just disappeared from history without a trace and have shown up in KH3, with Ava deliberately changing her destination to head somewhere else. Of course that means they would need to know about the ark to do so BUT if Luxu told Ava everything then Ava would know and that would explain why Ava went to the keyblade war when she was against the fighting, because she went to inform the others and save them. That leaves a solitary vessel behind and I could believe that was just destroyed.

Back