• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art Showcase, any critiques would be appreciated.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NemesisSP

Awards
I've been around this forum for awhile, rarely interacting since I've had bad experiences with forums, but I've been part of the KH community since the very early days and I just want to actually be more active. I wasn't sure if I was gonna post art or my story here, but I felt that getting my work out there was more important than feeling like you're being too pushy.

Sorry about that ramble, anyway I'd really like to see what all of you think so I can improve on it and be more productive on the site.

Here's a few pictures I'm actually proud of, one of which I just finished. I wanted to upload them using the Attach files function, but they just kept saying they're too big. I hope you like them and if there's anything I need to do to make them better, feel free to let me know. I also hope I can get the confidence to do the same for all of you.

Omega TOS Art SM.png
For the character the forum is letting me post directly, this is the main character of my in-progress (and heavily off schedule) fanfic Kingdom Hearts: The Other Story. If you guys are interested enough, I'll start posting when I get back on track... but for now I just hope you like my art first.

Omega
Allies: Iris, Lulu (FFX), Zell (FFVIII), Stitch (L&S), several Final Fantasy and Disney characters.
Preferred mental voices: Yuri Lowenthal or Cody Christian (English), Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese)
Default Keyblade: Steel Melancholy
Bio: A quiet young man, he rarely tells others what he's thinking. He can come off as cold because of this, but he is actually very kind hearted and willing to help others. A member of SeeD and tasked with taking down the Heartless in various worlds. In pursuit of a mysterious man in black who destroyed a major home base for SeeD. He has also become involved with another mission to help a strange alien named Stitch find his friends and family.
Skills: He is very skilled in different forms of combat, intelligence gathering and also cooking. He has decent magical powers, but prefers a more physical approach.
Fun Facts: He's yet to meet Cloud Strife, but if he did, much mockery will be made at both of them by Omega's friends for how similar the two sound and act. Despite their efforts otherwise, both Omega and Cloud will just end up proving these jokes right.

Here are some links to those other pieces I mentioned. Hope you enjoy those too.

Soldier

Awards
Wow, it looks so.. professional. I wish I could draw like that. I'm not exactly the best artist out there, but I do have an eye for good pieces, and these definitely take the cake.

NemesisSP

Awards
Wow, it looks so.. professional. I wish I could draw like that. I'm not exactly the best artist out there, but I do have an eye for good pieces, and these definitely take the cake.
Thanks for saying so. It means a lot hearing that people like my pics. I put a lot of time into them and always worry about that.

Soldier

Awards
Thanks for saying so. It means a lot hearing that people like my pics. I put a lot of time into them and always worry about that.
One of the things that many people have (myself included) is that anything they make can be a masterpiece in the eyes of others, but they themselves cannot see it. For example, I excel at writing papers and have a very strong grasp on the English language. A professor could ask me to write a 3 page paper in 2 days, and I would hand it in with a near guaranteed B- or better. It's not easy to get over, trust me.

mouflon

Awards
Super cool artwork! Omega would look right at home in KH. Really like your ice cream picture as well, especially seeing the difference between the old and new versions. (I love seeing how other artists improve and develop over the years!) The slight thatch shading on the Aqua pic is cool too. I love thatch shading…

I really like how you’ve drawn the clothes in these pieces. I struggle with drawing clothes myself so they always stick out to me. You’ve gotten the weight of the cloth down really nicely. Omega’s weapon’s got some really nice sharp, inorganic edges to it as well.

NemesisSP

Awards
One of the things that many people have (myself included) is that anything they make can be a masterpiece in the eyes of others, but they themselves cannot see it. For example, I excel at writing papers and have a very strong grasp on the English language. A professor could ask me to write a 3 page paper in 2 days, and I would hand it in with a near guaranteed B- or better. It's not easy to get over, trust me.

Very true words.

Super cool artwork! Omega would look right at home in KH. Really like your ice cream picture as well, especially seeing the difference between the old and new versions. (I love seeing how other artists improve and develop over the years!) The slight thatch shading on the Aqua pic is cool too. I love thatch shading…

I really like how you’ve drawn the clothes in these pieces. I struggle with drawing clothes myself so they always stick out to me. You’ve gotten the weight of the cloth down really nicely. Omega’s weapon’s got some really nice sharp, inorganic edges to it as well.

Thank you, that's great to hear. Omega took a long time to really get the full details of his design down and so it's quite the relief that he does come across like he could fit right in. His Keyblade was also quite challenging, going through many drafts and ideas still I got something. Hopefully more of him with the Keyblade in action will show up soon.

As for the Aqua pic, I actually plan to do more like that in the future as well.

digital ash

Wow these look great! Everyone’s proportions look perfect, I only notice because I suck at that lol! I especially like the Yozora sketch.

NemesisSP

Awards
Wow these look great! Everyone’s proportions look perfect, I only notice because I suck at that lol! I especially like the Yozora sketch.

Thanks for that.

More to come soon, I promise... or rather, I want to promise, but we'll see. :p

NemesisSP

Awards
I wasn't sure about whether I'd post this, considering I drew a very specific element into the pic, but I suppose a censored version will suffice. If you are interested in seeing the other version, it will be on my deviantART account, the links to which are above.

1597808786056.png

This is a scene taking place in my Kingdom Hearts fanfic, which is in the fanfiction section if you are interested. The scene hasn't taken place yet, but when it does, I promise you that it'll be suitably dramatic.

Soldier

Awards
I wasn't sure about whether I'd post this, considering I drew a very specific element into the pic, but I suppose a censored version will suffice. If you are interested in seeing the other version, it will be on my deviantART account, the links to which are above.

View attachment 12898

This is a scene taking place in my Kingdom Hearts fanfic, which is in the fanfiction section if you are interested. The scene hasn't taken place yet, but when it does, I promise you that it'll be suitably dramatic.
You sure you're not some kind of higher up artist for Disney, because that Stitch looks pretty on model.

NemesisSP

Awards
You sure you're not some kind of higher up artist for Disney, because that Stitch looks pretty on model.

I wish! It'd be nice to be a professional artist, but right now I'm just some guy on the internet... Though, I think that if I were an hired artist for Disney, some of the pics I've done of Stitch would probably be frowned on. Even though none of them are sexual, just a bit darker than what Disney likes to pretend it isn't.

Soldier

Awards
I wish! It'd be nice to be a professional artist, but right now I'm just some guy on the internet... Though, I think that if I were an hired artist for Disney, some of the pics I've done of Stitch would probably be frowned on. Even though none of them are sexual, just a bit darker than what Disney likes to pretend it isn't.
Ironic isn't it? a company heralded for owning a theme park dubbed "The happiest place on earth" has some of the darkest images in animation history.

NemesisSP

Awards
Ironic isn't it? a company heralded for owning a theme park dubbed "The happiest place on earth" has some of the darkest images in animation history.
Indeed so. Disney is a master of dark imagery

NemesisSP

Awards
1599285606578.png

I feel uncomfortable posting this, despite making it clear I don't own this pic and only colored it. It feels like I'm doing a major faux pas. But, I want to learn how to drawn and color like a KH game for my story and I guess the best way to do so is to practice with some official art.

Anyway...um, I got nothing, I just hope you don't hate my interpretation.

NemesisSP

Awards
So the Lulu in your story is the same one from FFX? guess I should've been able to put that together. And once again, the Stitch is pretty on point.
Indeed so. I left her description somewhat vague outside of her use of magic and dolls, because I wasn't sure if I was gonna just edit her outfit to make it easier to draw or give her a new one.

And good to know Stitch came out good. He actually had to be redrawn because his original pose wasn't good.

NemesisSP

Awards
Well, it's not really Kingdom Hearts, at least not yet anyway, but here's a pic of Noctis Lucis Caelum from FFXV. Or if you follow my DeviantART, you guys probably are aware that I prefer the old Versus XIII version of Noctis and this is a clear homage to that since it's based on a scene from an old Versus trailer. Well, I think even then that it should be enjoyable for everyone, hopefully.

1601526460798.png

Back