• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art Showcase, any critiques would be appreciated.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NemesisSP

Awards
1622377310757.png

I have a large soft spot for Ariel and The Little Mermaid. And am not looking forward to Disney messing it up! Ahem

It's pretty good.
Thank you.

Oh that's okay Mr. Nemesis, I forgive you.
Well, thank you for that.

I wish I could draw like this
It is admittedly not as easy it might seem. But thanks for all the likes. It's always good to know my art is appreciated.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
any ideas on festive formal wear geared towards Easter for the twilight town gang Including Naminè and Hayner, Pence and Olette

NemesisSP

Awards
any ideas on festive formal wear geared towards Easter for the twilight town gang Including Naminè and Hayner, Pence and Olette
I am thinking of doing festive stuff like that for a majority of characters. I just needed to find the passion to do it. And I think now I've gotten it back.

1624957882724.png
Today will be the day Kingdom Hearts Union X shuts down gameplay functions. And despite all its flaws and frustrating nature as a gacha style game, it still was a major fixture of the franchise since its original browser version back in 2013. So to see it go down, only accessible via a glorified theater mode is certainly a sad sight. Though I am happy that I completed the story before that happens and got to use my medals one last time. It was certainly a trip.

The character I used was based on the main character of my fanfic, though they weren't ever meant to actually be connected in any way, though I did consider it. They even both shared the name Omega. This is obviously not an accurate render of the characters look in the game, nor even what I feel was the best look I could make for the character, but I thought it was fitting to draw these two together since it is going to be the end of gameplay services for the series.

As for Kingdom Hearts X, I truly would like if a proper MMO was built on the foundations of what this game made, expanding on the events, while being much more interactive and going further with the idea of you being a keyblade wielder during the age of fairytales. There's a lot of things to mine out of that setting, even as we're closing a chapter on this part of the franchise.

But, we'll see how it all goes down. I know we all can safely say that KHUx was not the greatest Kingdom Hearts game ever, but it did bring us many memorable characters and story ideas that I look forward to seeing more of in the future! And as for art work of my own, well I'm gonna be doing more soon and an update for my fanfic is will soon happen as well! I hope any who have read it will look forward to it. :)

NemesisSP

Awards
1629173539601.png

Here comes my latest obsession pic. I should really think about using this time to work on my fic...

NemesisSP

Awards
Crap, I realized I never responded to this, sorry. As for festive wear, I actually am interested in doing so. Namely, I am interested in Halloween and Christmas wear, of course, but then I am interested also in other kinds as well. It just hasn't been a priority to me for the past few months, as I didn't have a good schedule, but now I'm rethinking of doing stuff for KH again.

Soldier

Awards
Crap, I realized I never responded to this, sorry. As for festive wear, I actually am interested in doing so. Namely, I am interested in Halloween and Christmas wear, of course, but then I am interested also in other kinds as well. It just hasn't been a priority to me for the past few months, as I didn't have a good schedule, but now I'm rethinking of doing stuff for KH again.
Ah, the disgraced Disney artist returns, good to know.
I suppose I could give you some ideas for the halloween designs of the twilight town gang if you want them, Kingdom hearts hasn't really delved into giving a female party member a witch form, perhaps that could be Olette's form. Hayner or Pence could be a ghoul or a gothic style knight.

NemesisSP

Awards
NoctisConceptArtRedo.png

For something I decided to do involving the Reboot Final Fantasy Versus petition, which was something I admit I never thought would actually go anywhere, I just thought would be nice to show my support with. After all, I had encountered many problems trying to find people who just understood that FFXV as it was being made under Hajime Tabata had a lot of issues, many of which were ones I correctly pointed out would happen, but got shunned for. So it was nice to find some comradery of those who felt the same way.

However, it's now reached 5260 signatures and that's after I last checked this morning and it had gone up from 5171. I'd never seen a jump like this and while I don't dare to hope this could come to anything, I did decide to do something for it just to celebrate.

So, I took this https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/f...rk-FFXV.png/revision/latest?cb=20170121212642 and decided to redraw it with Noctis' finalized outfit. Cuz, you know guys, even if we miraculously did get this reboot, Noctis would still be wearing this outfit. It is his true outfit, as said by Nomura and was approved by him back when he was still director and it was still Versus XIII. But back on track, for this sketch, I did try to hue very close to the original as much as possible, though it was not that easy. I also initially thought of adding Stella, but I didn't find a good way to do so that looked good in a minimalist way.

Well, hope you enjoy this. I'm happy with it, at least, despite the fact that it wasn't quite as much as I would have liked to do. Also, cuz I worry about this, but don't assume I want you to jump in and sign. I'd appreciate seeing more people support this, but I do not approve of people feeling like they have to. Especially because I know a lot of people love Final Fantasy XV as it released, so I feel hard pressed to force them to join a movement that might invalidate that game.

Art originally by Tetsuya Nomura. I take no credit for the pose, just the bits I tried to haphazardly add.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Nice work Nemesis any progress on those holiday outfit ideas? I’ll quote the posts you and I made about them below just in case you forgot. Also any tips for drawing characters reaching out for their keyblade I have the keyblade already drawn it’s the hand I’m worried about further more tips on drawing gloves would be nice. Thanks and happy holidays

I am thinking of doing festive stuff like that for a majority of characters. I just needed to find the passion to do it. And I think now I've gotten it back.

View attachment 14084
Today will be the day Kingdom Hearts Union X shuts down gameplay functions. And despite all its flaws and frustrating nature as a gacha style game, it still was a major fixture of the franchise since its original browser version back in 2013. So to see it go down, only accessible via a glorified theater mode is certainly a sad sight. Though I am happy that I completed the story before that happens and got to use my medals one last time. It was certainly a trip.

The character I used was based on the main character of my fanfic, though they weren't ever meant to actually be connected in any way, though I did consider it. They even both shared the name Omega. This is obviously not an accurate render of the characters look in the game, nor even what I feel was the best look I could make for the character, but I thought it was fitting to draw these two together since it is going to be the end of gameplay services for the series.

As for Kingdom Hearts X, I truly would like if a proper MMO was built on the foundations of what this game made, expanding on the events, while being much more interactive and going further with the idea of you being a keyblade wielder during the age of fairytales. There's a lot of things to mine out of that setting, even as we're closing a chapter on this part of the franchise.

But, we'll see how it all goes down. I know we all can safely say that KHUx was not the greatest Kingdom Hearts game ever, but it did bring us many memorable characters and story ideas that I look forward to seeing more of in the future! And as for art work of my own, well I'm gonna be doing more soon and an update for my fanfic is will soon happen as well! I hope any who have read it will look forward to it. :)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Your Noctis turned out phenomenal! I've always loved that old image of him on his throne, it's neat seeing it with his modern design.

NemesisSP

Awards
Nice work Nemesis any progress on those holiday outfit ideas? I’ll quote the posts you and I made about them below just in case you forgot. Also any tips for drawing characters reaching out for their keyblade I have the keyblade already drawn it’s the hand I’m worried about further more tips on drawing gloves would be nice. Thanks and happy holidays

I actually wanted to get a witch pic of Namine done for Halloween, but things got far too hectic in my personal life all at once. I do plan to revisit all of these ideas, because I do like them very much

As for tips on that, it can be difficult to give them because I still find drawing hands to be difficult. But I'll think some up and get back to you on it.

Your Noctis turned out phenomenal! I've always loved that old image of him on his throne, it's neat seeing it with his modern design.

Thank you very much for saying so. I always liked this old image too and I wanted to do it justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

NemesisSP

Awards
1640865901918.png

Wasn't gonna necessarily revisit this picture, but I got interested in doing some more stuff with it. Here's one attempt. Might need further work.

• Love
Reactions: Max

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
These are great! I went through some of your old stuff too, and it's amazing how much of it I'd believe was official if I didn't know any better.

NemesisSP

Awards
These are great! I went through some of your old stuff too, and it's amazing how much of it I'd believe was official if I didn't know any better.
Heh, well thanks for saying so. It helps me feel good about my art. I get rather down on my own skills, honestly, and it doesn't do me well when it comes to uploading.

Soldier

Awards
Heh, well thanks for saying so. It helps me feel good about my art. I get rather down on my own skills, honestly, and it doesn't do me well when it comes to uploading.
Still could've fooled me. Honestly if you just blurted out that you're a part of Square or Disney's art departments, I'd wholeheartedly believe you, no questions asked. It takes a long time to hone one's skill to such high caliber.

NemesisSP

Awards
A look at my attempts to improve. Going back to basics when trying to get back in the saddle. I keep forgetting to draw more constantly.

Here's the original with Cloud and here's my take with my character Omega.

Attachments

• unknown-11.png
    unknown-11.png
    350.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220130_113814.png
    20220130_113814.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 1

Seasaltrio

Awards
These are so good! Seriously, these art pieces look like they came out of a real KH game. You have one heck of a talent for drawing.(y)

Back