• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's going to be a Kyoshi movie? sounds pretty boring honestly, even if they go from her birth to her old age (remember, she died at 230 YEARS of age, how useful can you be at that age? just step out of line and let the next avatar come in grandma).
Have…you read the novels?

Soldier

Awards
Have…you read the novels?
I watched a video on the novels, does that count?
the only thing I really took from it is that she lives to the age of way too old and probably just sits in bed all day by the time she hits the triple digits, because even in a fantastical world with manipulation of the elements and literal magic, old age still hampers the elderly. Which means her stubbornness cost the world at least 3 cycles worth of avatars.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I bought the novels back when they first started, but I didn't continue after the third one. Not because it was a bad, but it felt like the novels were going to keep going and I wondered why they wouldn't simply make a series instead? Even without knowing the details, I would find a movie or series on other avatars we were shown in the series to be worth watching.

More updates from sources: Avatar Studios’ slate will consist of a new animated movie AND show debuting every year starting in 2025.
Scrolling back a little and I saw this--wow! Exciting to think so much content for this world is coming finally. Will all of these be based on books that have been put out previously or are some of them brand new stories?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looks good. Like I said when this was fist announced you really can't do worse than Shymalan's abomination. Can't wait for the first proper trailer.

Lulcy

Awards
The Legacy of Yang Chen, the second novel of Avatar Yang Chen, is now out.

61oJIjarpKL.jpg

Lulcy

Awards

Nickelodeon and Republic Records: Kids & Family announced the long-awaited release of Avatar: The Last Airbender – Book 1: Water (Music from the Animated Series) on digital and vinyl. The album, featuring an updated and re-recorded score from the first season of the series, is now available to pre-order and will be released in November, with the first single, "Aang Becomes Ocean," releasing on Friday, July 28.

Emmy Award-winning composer and musician Jeremy Zuckerman, who composed the music for the award-winning animated Nickelodeon series, has expanded his original compositions and employed a full orchestra for Avatar: The Last Airbender – Book 1: Water (Music from the Animated Series). The original album artwork was created by Bryan Konietzko, co-creator and art director of Avatar: The Last Airbender and co-Chief Creative Officer of Avatar Studios.

Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender is co-created by Konietzko and Michael DiMartino. The series ran for three seasons (61 episodes), from February 2005 to July 2008 and was honored with a Peabody Award and Primetime Emmy, along with multiple Annie Awards and Genesis Awards. Avatar: The Last Airbender follows the adventures of the main protagonist Aang and his friends, who must defeat Fire Lord Ozai and end the Hundred Year War to restore balance to the Four Nations.

Pre-save Avatar: The Last Airbender – Book 1: Water (Music from the Animated Series) to Spotify or Apple Music here.

--------------
It's crazy that after 15 years we finally have an official soundtrack release, until now we only had fan uploads on Youtube. THIS IS HUGE.

Lulcy

Awards
Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Bounty Hunter and the Tea Brewer, a graphic novel about Iroh and June, is coming in Summer 2024.

F1qqt8HXwAIDbO0

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve heard the Quest for Balance game is horrendous. Not really seeing any critic reviews though from the more well known media outlets. I hope we can actually get a good game one day, even if it is a standalone story in the universe.

Lulcy

Awards
New avatar novel, Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Reckoning of Roku (Chronicles of The Avatar Book 5)

* Writen by Randy Ribay (An Infinite Number of Parallel Universes, After The Shot Drops, Patron Saints of Nothing)
* 368 pages
* Releases on July 23, 2024

New Mako-centric comic announced. "Mystery of Penquan Island". No release date.

Third season of Braving The Elements podcast announced.

Lulcy

Awards
AVATAR IN CONCERT announced. 4 dates/locations: London, Paris, San Francisco and Brooklyn.

Lulcy

Awards
Jessica Matten cast to play Katara in upcoming ATLA feature film.

Jessica is a Red River Metis - Cree actress who has starred and produced "Tribal" on the APTN network, as well as playing "Sokanon" in the popular Netflix show opposite Jason Momoa, "Burden of Truth" on the CW and CBC Network, 20th Century Fox's feature film "The Empty Man". She is currently the female lead of George RR Martin and Robert Reford's executive produced new TV series "Dark Winds" for the AMC Network, the star of Lebron James' "Rez Ball" for Netflix in 2024, the voice of Katara in "Avatar the Last Airbender"'s new feature film for Paramount Studios in 2025.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Has anyone watched the show yet? I have thoughts…

Starting with the good, I actually thought the action and visuals were quite entertaining. Some CGI quirks here and there for sure, but a huge improvement over the previous adaption. Also, considering they had to condense some storylines to fit into eight episodes, I thought they wove it together pretty well for the most part while still touching on most of the side characters and stories from the original.

I also appreciate that overall the world building and lore is still the same with concepts like the spirit world, the Avatar State, etc. There were even some Legend of Korra references which were appreciated. I also like that they didn’t shy away from showing the destruction and death caused by war. That is one area where live action has potential to carry a bit more weight by showing the realities of the destruction, etc.

Now the bad… the dialogue in this show is just horrendous. While a lot of the acting itself is weak, it is only exacerbated by the incredibly awkward lines they are being forced to deliver. Too much exposition and clunky phrasing that any actor would have a hard time selling. The jokes rarely ever landed for me either.

The character changes are also disappointing particularly with Sokka and Katara. Suki and Bumi too though their roles aren’t as big. They say they made Sokka less sexist, but really they just toned down the two female characters (Katara and Suki) that challenged him and pushed him to grow out of that immaturity.

And what happened with Katara’s characterization? They gave her no spunk at all. I was honestly worried near the end whether they would even have her fight Pakku. It seemed like she was going to be content just learning healing (especially since they didn’t establish her getting that ability earlier) for a second there and they hadn’t really established her character as someone who would

I’m hoping they adapt the Deserter in Season 2 in place of Secret Tunnel since that was. Ives to season 1. That was a huge missing part of the development for Zhao, Aang, and Katara. Idk if it’ll hit the same with Zhao out of the picture though. But they still need to establish Aang’s resistance to firebending.

Also he didn’t water bend like at all that I remember? I guess they wanted to focus more on Katara’s arc of teaching herself and not have him distract from that. But learning the element is like the point of each season being named what it is…

All this being said… I want it renewed for a Season 2. If they can actually take the valid criticisms being raised and hire better writers, I think it could be pretty great show. None of the issues in this season are things they can’t fix going forward. (Unlike the 2010 movie where there was no coming back from the choices they made.)

Back