• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sdog

Awards
Depends on how long each episode will be. If it's like most Netflix series with an hour runtime they could get all the important beats in there while mixing it up.

Some things will never be able to properly translate but the originals ain't goin anywhere.

D

Deleted member 246005

I rather they just created a new avatar just for the netflix show and followed their story rather than retelling Aang's.

Aang and Korra are of several thousand avatars throughout history so it wouldn't be out of character for the series. It also would be an easier compromise for the creators and audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I rather they just created a new avatar just for the netflix show and followed their story rather than retelling Aang's.

Aang and Korra are of several thousand avatars throughout history so it wouldn't be out of character for the series. It also would be an easier compromise for the creators and audience.

We might actually get an original avatar Netflix show if Aang's retelling turns out to be successful.

Depends on how long each episode will be. If it's like most Netflix series with an hour runtime they could get all the important beats in there while mixing it up.

Some things will never be able to properly translate but the originals ain't goin anywhere.
Adding some new ideas and plots would be cool. They could expand on some characters such as Koh the face stealer

Sdog

Awards
Adding some new ideas and plots would be cool. They could expand on some characters such as Koh the face stealer

Oooooo, in live action that scene would be amazing. Creeped me out as a kid so executed well enough again can hopefully do the same. Though idk if I want it to xD

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Well, it's nice we've received blatant confirmation of non-whitewashing. I never saw that movie adaptation, because I heard it was awful.

I'd still prefer another story versus another live-action remaaake. Come on, storytellers.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'd still prefer another story versus another live-action remaaake. Come on, storytellers.
I don't understand the reasoning behind adapting this for TV when a TV series already exists. The promise of a cinematic re-imagining was just that: it could be movie sized in style and tone. I'll give it a look though, maybe there's something they wanted to update or improve upon from the cartoon. Explicit queerness would be appreciated since they almost went there with Korra.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It just feels like lately the medium of animation is treated as the first draft for an inevitable live-action remake. Can't you expand upon the universe with more animation? I agree that these remakes should take full advantage of tightening the story where they're able; it just all comes across extremely formulaic and predictable (and, on a personal level, feels somewhat disrespectful to the art of hand drawn animation) to redo what's been done and piggyback off its success.

I liked Aang and the adventure we got from A:TLA, so it's nice to see it getting some love (and perhaps redemption from the movie's obvious mistakes), so I'll be giving this a watch, but not because I think it'll have taken this superior form.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It just feels like lately the medium of animation is treated as the first draft for an inevitable live-action remake. Can't you expand upon the universe with more animation? I agree that these remakes should take full advantage of tightening the story where they're able; it just all comes across extremely formulaic and predictable (and, on a personal level, feels somewhat disrespectful to the art of hand drawn animation) to redo what's been done and piggyback off its success.
Yeah, I agree. Some of the reasons the story's execution worked in the first place was because of what the creators were able to achieve through the medium of animation: like, I don't know that Aang's expressiveness as a character can be conveyed as fully in live action and that was honestly one of the joys of watching the show.

That said one definite benefit of a reboot is the opportunity to give people a version of the story where Grey DeLisle has no part in it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
https://ew.com/books/2018/10/01/exclusive-legend-of-korra-comic-preview/

The new Korra comic series will focus on the trial of Kuvira and the reformation of the Earth Kingdom.

Follow the link for a preview of the first few pages of the comic!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lulcy

Awards
The first book in The Rise of Kyoshi duology is now on sale.

9781683355335_s3.jpg

---------------------------------

Rise of the Empire - Part III

February 25, 2020.

Description (Contains spoilers for Part Two):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The first book in The Rise of Kyoshi duology is now on sale.

9781683355335_s3.jpg

---------------------------------

Rise of the Empire - Part III

February 25, 2020.

Descritption (Contains spoilers for Part Two):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh shit why are they in the army’s uniform ;A;

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Does anyone else have the urge to watch all of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra?

I had that bug a few days ago and of tonight I finally finished up Book Three! I forgot how amazing the journey it was and it's not over yet because I'll start watching Korra on Thursday as seeing tomorrow is sorta of a sabbatical. That, and my head hurts from watching so much. 😅

I do hope one day we can at least see the comics into the TV screen. It would be neat, though.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I have the complete DVD collection of ATLA(and LoK) and I’ve watched S3 so many times. I can quote the ENTIRETY of the “Puppetmaster” because I’ve seen it countless times on the way to school and work. Frame by frame details, background characters, and the names of items and foods.

ATLA was truly lighting in a bottle, they struck gold with the team they made the series with. I’m ecstatic for the new series.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I have the complete DVD collection of ATLA(and LoK) and I’ve watched S3 so many times. I can quote the ENTIRETY of the “Puppetmaster” because I’ve seen it countless times on the way to school and work. Frame by frame details, background characters, and the names of items and foods.

ATLA was truly lighting in a bottle, they struck gold with the team they made the series with. I’m ecstatic for the new series.

Flamo, flamo for having to memorizing that episode! 😂 Honestly for me, I can easily remember the movements of Toph and her earthbending purely out of love for her, seeing she's my favorite character.

The Blind Bandit has to be my favorite beside the four part of the comet and the invasion of the fire nation, seeing how Toph rocked those guys out with ease.

D

Deleted member 246005

Honestly, I'm hoping we can see another avatar cartoon with an Earthbender avatar and then a firebender ;). I hope they complete the cycle before they retire.

Back