• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Australian Classification Says Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is a Modified Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After the American ESRB rated Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- for "Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, and Use of Alcohol", other countries have updated their classification websites to reflect this announcement. One in particular was the Australian Classification website where it states that Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- has been modified, no doubt keeping the edits that were in the original Kingdom Hearts 2 (for example; no green Hydra Blood, Pirates can not be set on fire, Axel's death scene was edited, and a lot more).

This is no doubt disheartening to many fans who wished that Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- would maintain the uncensored Japanese events in order to provide a more authentic experience. It is unknown, however, if the ReMIX will contain all the edits in the original Kingdom Hearts 2 or some partial edits.

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will arrive at North America on December 2nd 2014, Europe on December 4th 2014, and the PAL region on December 5th 2014!

Those interested in getting the Japanese version on October 2nd should check out this article where we have compiled a list of websites where you can order the game.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Australian Classification Says Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is Modified Version

I personally really don't care. It won't affect the gameplay.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I personally really don't care. It won't affect the gameplay.
Well, in the original Japanese gameplay you could set pirates on fire, expel green blood from the Hydra, and be targeted by a different sniper scope by Xigbar, so it sort of affected the gameplay and provided a different experience to what was originally intended.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Well, in the original Japanese gameplay you could set pirates on fire, expel green blood from the Hydra, and be targeted by a different sniper scope by Xigbar, so it sort of affected the gameplay and provided a different experience to what was originally intended.

I guess difference of opinion. Honestly, I would have liked the original, but given the US originally had it changed years ago, I didn't expect much different this time around which is quite disappointing *sigh* but as roku said, it doesn't really change anything so I probably won't even think about it as I run around with my unflammable pirates, bloodless Hydra, and single scope Xigbar.

Alecs27

I can't believe it, why they still keep censorship? No one would complain for violence or whatever, it's POINTLESS.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Y'know, since this is an HD rerelease with certain changes made to the games...

"Modified version" is incredibly vague​.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Don't forget Acels edited death being on that original content list.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"Modified version" is incredibly vague​.
It is vague, but since it does say modification, it is clear something in the game has been changed when it was submitted for a rating.

Here's KH 1.5's listing where it says "ORIGINAL", showing that nothing was modified.

Don't forget Acels edited death being on that original content list.
There are a lot of examples I didn't mention so my post wouldn't be massive.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
When we, in the PAL region hoped for a special edition, this is NOT what we had in mind! >:(
This is highly likely to be the same across every territory, it's just Australia is the first to show that the game has been modified in some way.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It doesn't really bother me all that much but wasn't the original 2FM uncensored? So if they did censor it then does that mean they went and censored KH2 again?

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Yeah I'm kind of confused. Are they just going with what was originally censored for the first release or are they modifying it again so that different/more/less things will be censored? I'm guessing the former but you never know.

Antar

Awards
I'm kind of disappointed that they'll keep the censors, but it's not that big of a deal. Only censor I'm happy about it the new scope, it fits the theme of his shooters more. I wouldn't mind setting pirates on fire, though, or seeing Hydras blood.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Censorship. Another reason to import.

Yep and probably the reason why they "delayed" it back 2 months. smh could have been a worldwide release. What was the bullshit excuse Yasue and Square gave? technical difficulties?hmm...sounds like you're watering down the game unnecessarily.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yep and probably the reason why they "delayed" it back 2 months. smh could have been a worldwide release. What was the bullshit excuse Yasue and Square gave? technical difficulties?hmm...sounds like you're watering down the game unnecessarily.

There is no excuse if we don't know the full story. for all we know, modify could be the original KH2 as it is plus the final Mix features. And since when do we ever get a world release with KH, japan should get it first, no one should be picky.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The game wasn't delayed, there were never any excuses made or anything like that. Smh. The level of entitlement sometimes.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Blood that doesn't look like blood.

Yep, I know that watching that'd make me turn to a godless life of crime, sin and evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back