• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Australian Election 2013

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Who's Australian and 18+?

You'll be voting on Saturday and I want to hear all of your opinions. I haven't made my formal decision yet. I'll decide that when I get out to the ballot box.

diddly Tony Abbott. diddly the LNP.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I turn 18 tomorrow. Day after that is voting time. Don't want Tony in there, no sire.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Make sure to avoid LNP as well as the corporate par- I MEAN PALMER UNITED

In other news:
[video=youtube;hxZ0yDTfnjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxZ0yDTfnjw[/video]

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I went down and voted not long after the voting booths opened.

Decided to vote for the Greens first for both the House of Reps and Senate. Sex Party, Pirate Party and other like minded parts took my following preferences below the line.

I made a promise that if the LNP win this election then I'll go join a political party. Probably the Greens.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
We could lose any chance of having a decent climate change policy. The current program to install fibre to the home would be reduced to fibre to the node (then copper to the house). Foreign Aid will be cut by $4.5 billion. Money will be wasted on a horrible, inhumane asylum seeker policy. The public sector will see horrible cuts, as will welfare and entitlements. Education won't get the recommended funding from the Gonski review. Cuts to corporate tax which are supposed to "create jobs" but that only actually creates profit.

The LNP is to us what the GOP is to you (as a whole Australia more left-wing than the US) and Rupert Murdoch has run a wonderful campaign for them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is absolutely horrible. I really hope there are reasonable people in parliament who will veto most of this stuff, but that never actually happens...oh god why does he want to take you back 10 years?

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Sorry fellas, voted LNP. Hate me all you want though Abbott promised 20 grand interest free loans to all starting apprenticeships. All for that

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He also is delivering slower internet, worse health care, school funding cuts and more.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sorry fellas, voted LNP. Hate me all you want though Abbott promised 20 grand interest free loans to all starting apprenticeships. All for that
The Australian public thanks you for carrying out your civic duty based overwhelmingly on a single issue.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
The Australian public thanks you for carrying out your civic duty based overwhelmingly on a single issue.
I hate politics, i cant stand it. Actually to be more accurate i don't really understand it. If i could i wouldn't vote at all if i could but its compulsory. I have no opinions on how this country should be run. It was probably a bad idea to post in a thread with everyone with opposing considering that lack of knowledge i have on the subject but i was just putting across the opinions i had regardless how limited they might be. Thanks for your sarcasm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate politics, i cant stand it. Actually to be more accurate i don't really understand it.

You really should understand it considering you HAVE to vote. You just voted for a guy pretty much against the rights of non-white, male, rich people. He is against LGBT, and now there are a bunch of people worried that any laws he puts into effect will make it harder for them to get a job or even be fired or find even more rights stripped from them.

He plans to set you back to copper wires, something most modern countries haven't touched in YEARS. Your internet is already really damn slow in Australia and that plan for fibre optics would have revolutionized Australia and brought it into modern internet speeds, which could have helped stimulate the technology field itself.

Don't get me started on all of the cuts he plans to make to education, and I can easily bet that he won't get to working on that that apprenticeship interest free loans thing you talked about.

And you know what the sinker about me saying all of this is? I'm not even Australian. I'm American and I seem to know more about Tony Abbott than you and I'm not even in the country and it doesn't effect me at all.

I have no opinions on how this country should be run.

You really, really should. It is not good to stay impartial at all. You need to be informed because you just contributed to the election of a man who will probably make things hard for a lot of your fellow citizens for years to come.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Looks like Pauline Hanson is going to get her seat back.
Please explain the question.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I hate politics, i cant stand it. Actually to be more accurate i don't really understand it. If i could i wouldn't vote at all if i could but its compulsory. I have no opinions on how this country should be run. It was probably a bad idea to post in a thread with everyone with opposing considering that lack of knowledge i have on the subject but i was just putting across the opinions i had regardless how limited they might be. Thanks for your sarcasm.

And this is how terrible people get power. Not trickery, not lies, not even bribery. Just ignorance and laziness.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
And this is how terrible people get power. Not trickery, not lies, not even bribery. Just ignorance and laziness.

I highly doubt that abbott came to power just because of the ignorance of idiots like me. I'm sure majority of australians would have put some thought into the future of our countries economy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
tumblr_msrav1F8dS1r03wqto1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back