• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Australian Street Date broken by GameTraders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

natu133

if you live in australia, and have a gamestraders store near you, take a look there and you will find that they have broken the street date for KHBBS. In other words, they are already selling it. Unless your budding for a collectors edition copy from EB Games, which told me when i went to pay off my order today that they will not sell untill this friday due to delays (?). So if your a fan who couldn't wait like I could, I bought it from GamesTraders at $69.95. The game IS the australian version, as the OFLC ratings are on the cover and not stickied.

I thought i'd let any fans in Australia get a heads up on this. Basically, if you don't mind loosing the extras if you've paid for the collectors edition on a preorder, and can't wait to play, check gamestraders.

washi95

Thanks for the heads up. As much as i'm tempted to cancel my pre-order for the special edition and grab the normal edition today I think i'll wait, i'm disappointed its been delayed until Friday though.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
This doesn't particularly surprise me, actually. The fact that it's only them that have released it early would be contributed to the fact that they're an Australian-owned store, whereas EB Games is part of the GameStop chain, and JB Hi Fi is international etc. And there aren't that many stores around Australia, anyway, so that reflects the outbreak, I would say.

And what's this about the SE being delayed til Friday?

washi95

You'd be surprised actually. Gaming stores here are usually very tight with street dates, or at least in my experience they are. They barely ever break the street date for games here. I have no idea why EB would delay the game. (it's not just the special edition, but the normal one aswell) Jb-Hi-Fi, a very popular store here still are saying that it's going to be released on the 9th, so it would appear that EB are the only ones that have delayed the game.

dan99iel

Awww good old GameTraders. My favourite Malvern store closed down recently. It doesn't really bother me because I won't be able to get to Gametraders until the weekend (Chadstone store. <3 that GT!). I already have a pre-order at DungeonCrawl (An independent game store in Melbourne) so I can't do much about it anyway.

washi95

I just spoke to my local EB's manager and they said the street date is on Friday, so that's why it got changed. I stated that Jb-Hi-Fi and other stores are clearly going to sell it tomorrow, as that's the street date. She then went on to say that depending on the circumstances if other retailers are indeed selling their copys tomorrow they 'may' be able to sell a copy to me tomorrow.

I'll try my luck tomorrow, i'll point out to them that every other retailer is selling it on the Thursday and that they have the street date wrong.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
That's rather odd, really. I spoke to my local store about the game guide, which in turn came to the game itself, and they said that they release it tomorrow, so... Perhaps they don't actually have the stock yet? Because their site says the 9th as well, so you'd think all branches would follow that.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I already have a pre-order at DungeonCrawl (An independent game store in Melbourne) so I can't do much about it anyway.
Though I haven't checked out Dungeon Crawl as far as Birth by Sleep goes, what's their own stance on the BbS release date?

dan99iel

∞;5264879 said:
Though I haven't checked out Dungeon Crawl as far as Birth by Sleep goes, what's their own stance on the BbS release date?

Funny you should say that. They sold a few copies of it yesterday, they posted it on their Twitter. I missed the tweet, so no early BBS for me. I just called them though and they're sold out unfortunately. They said they plan to get stock in on Friday.

Radon

mofo
Ugh.. EB are listing its release as the 10th now. The last time I preorder anything. I'll still try tomorrow though.

washi95

I don't understand, GAME have changed their release dates aswell to the 10th. JB is still sticking with the 9th, it was announced in a press release a while ago that it would be releasing here on the 9th. So, why the sudden change in the street date on EB and Games parts?

padlock

Awards
Eh, went to Indooroopilly today actually ( just to see if anyone had broken their street date) but no one (EB, GT, Myers, Harvey norman, Target)had even got it stocked. The stocking trucks were still on the way from the gold coast lol. The people at Jb Hi-Fi told me that they had it in their backroom but none of my suggestive tones let me buy it =C i have to go back tomorrow ;l

Wheels

Awww, my uncle owns a Gametraders. Shame there's none around here, or where I live. Ahhh well, I'll just wait until the 13th, when I'm back in the state to pick my copy up. It's a shame they put the release back though >_>

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Already been pre-ordered at EB so I won't have any chance of getting it early. I guess that also means I wouldn't have a change because the only pure game stores around where I live is EB and Game :p

Congrats to those who got it early though. Just one more day until the Friday date, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back