• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Awakening in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
With all the threads on possible gameplay and playable characters, I haven't seen any on possible awakening scenes for KH3. Many of the Kingdom Hearts games and both of the main games early on feature, or transition out of the opening cinematic with someone entering a Station of Awakening as part of the tutorial section of the game.

I wanted to know what you guys thought about continuing this tradition in the last main game of the Xehanort Saga. Would you like to see Sora return to his station at the end of a dream as a wake up call for his final adventure in the saga? Or perhaps it's someone else's turn to dive into the heart? There are still many characters who's stained glass hearts we've yet to see, some of whom have recently awakened as keyblade wielders.

Or should we abandon this trope already? What do you think?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wouldn't mind station of awakenings to return in KH3.

Some stations I would like to see are Riku and Kairi's stations. If we get to see any of Kairi's training in KH3, maybe we can see her visiting her station in order to awaken her keyblade.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think having an awakening scene in KHIII is a good idea.

I'd like to be done differently from the other games. Where in the others you make choices that affect your stat, level up growth, in KHIII I'd want it to be...
Ah, I want the person in the awakening scene to be unknown at first, with each choice slowly revealing who the person is (or maybe changing who the person is.) After the scene we see Xemnas (or some other unexpected character) waking up, and what you chose in the awakening changes how you fight them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'd like to be done differently from the other games. Where in the others you make choices that affect your stat, level up growth, in KHIII I'd want it to be...
Ah, I want the person in the awakening scene to be unknown at first, with each choice slowly revealing who the person is (or maybe changing who the person is.) After the scene we see Xemnas (or some other unexpected character) waking up, and what you chose in the awakening changes how you fight them.

This would actually work really well with Young Xehanort, considering this is the end of Xehanort's arc.

I dig it. At least one dive to the heart has been in most games, so I'm sure it'll show up at some point.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards

I never thought about that scenario. Like if the whole thing was first person only to reveal Young(er) Xehanort. Do you think his dream weapons (if part of his awakening) would bear Hidden Mickeys like Sora's? Maybe they'd all have the blue demon eye the same way Sora's keychain is a Hidden Mickey...
Are dream weapons unique to the dreamer...?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
You know, I think I'd like to see an Awakening based off of KH. If Awakenings are a reflection off of peoples' hearts, then perhaps there can be a reflection of KH? Imagine if we can see KH in both "reality" and within the realm of Awakenings.

Rael_Oblivion

I'd like to see Kairi and Lea's stations. Kairi's because I wonder if Namine would be on her station since they rejoined, and Lea's because I want to see if Xion is on his. Maybe Awakenings are what they both need to properly wield their Keyblades/finish their training, and we'll get to see them. Riku just gave Kairi hers; we never saw her summon it, and Lea was having trouble at the end of DDD getting his to come to him instead of his chakrams.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It'd honestly be kinda hard for me to imagine KH3 without an Awakening since all the console titles had it. Seems only fitting the last game in this very drawn out saga have one too.

Seighart

Awards
What im expecting: Kairi's Awakening

What i want to see: Sora diving into someones heart.

What will probably happen: Mickey's Awakening

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I would like to see Xehanort's Awakening and/or his first experiences with the Keyblade as the "tutorial" of the game. Just like DDD started, starting off with Xehanort (but now in gameplay) might be a very very good idea. Especially, like someone already mentioned, this is the last entry in the Xehanort saga. Now they have to make sure we know this guy. What better way than having some gameplay as the guy himself?

Aside from that idea, I like the idea of having Kairi as part of the tutorial phase of the game. Having her training be the training for newcomers is something that works on a lot of levels.

The Stations surely will return, if not in Awakenings, then most certainly for boss battles and story-related scenes.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I definitely want to see it return, I used to think Kairi or maybe Lea would be good but a flash back to Young Xehanort I think would be even better for the same reason as the above poster, king_mickey.

Speaking of which I really want an explanation to how Sora could dive into all the princesses hearts in the first game

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I never would have even thought on this if not for this thread, but now I want the end of KHIII, and I mean after the credits, to have a short little scene where we see Sora standing on his new Station (as it's appearance changed in KHII it's safe to assume it'll change again in III) having a another Awakening. LIke he wants to start fresh. Which will explain why he'll be back at level 1 in the game after. Maybe even have the camera pan up and we get a line from his first awakening like "Power sleeps within you. If you give it form...it will give you strength." Just something nice.
I just like book ends and the idea of having KHIII start with Xehanort and end with Sora. And as the series starts with Sora's Awakening, it'd be nice for the Xehanort Saga to end with it. Or maybe end with someone else's Awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back