• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

May-Jor

Awards
Oh man, and I'm hearing for the first time today that Vexen's and Tidus's VAs also got into some shit.

Anyways, aside from his politics he always came off as weird

The idea that he would take advantage of his status as a VA (of a bunch of characters that weeb fangirls of various ages swoon over) is not too far-fetched.

AR829038

Awards
Wow. Okay. Was unaware of that. Well, then. It's pretty hard to give him any leeway with both those traits under his belt. I'm still not sure I would say it's full-on cancel-worthy, 'cause again, it's no different than James Woods whom we've managed to put up with. But yeah, Quinton definitely needs some time out of the limelight to reflect on his behavior and his character. And if the women he's harassing are of a mind (and in a legal position) to sue him, then I'm in their corner. If we have to replace Lea's VA, that's not a total loss, especially given that his Japanese VA died which makes me confident that Lea's role in the story moving forward is probably going to be heavily toned down anyway, considering the traditions of the Japanese toward deceased actors and preferring to shelve their characters instead of replacing their actors when possible. I'm still not in favor of 100% permanent cancelling him, but a good long career blackout is probably what this guy needs at this point.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I remember there was actually a discussion about his politics in the General Discussion forum. The defense from what I remember was...just because he follows someone doesn't mean he supports them... lol

disney233

Awards
Interesting. Is it...really a total loss if Axel was completely gone from the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remember there was actually a discussion about his politics in the General Discussion forum. The defense from what I remember was...just because he follows someone doesn't mean he supports them... lol

I think everybody at that time was hopeful he wasn’t absolute trash and just happened to be conservative but this is all 100% no good.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Highly disappointed in Quinton. If these are true then get rid of him. But I don't know everything going on so I won't go any further then that. Truthfully, I've found Axel's character pretty bad ever since DDD when he became Lea. KH3 only made it worse, and even before this I found him the biggest disappointment in terms of characters by KH3. Honestly, I currently found him the weakest of RAX anyway.

That said, I can separate a fictional character from their VA. Just replace him. I will not judge Axel/Lea's character for the sins of his VA.

Lucky for me, my favorite Axel moments in the series come from the Manga, Novels, and the original DS 358/2 Days game, which has little voice acting at all. Still, this is troubling news. It's best when you don't know anything about celebrities or meet them. They can let you down.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Really unfortunate to hear. Sucks that this stuff with VA seems to be coming out more and more as time goes on. Just going to have to separate actor from character at this point. I really hope all the best for the victims involved in this. As far as Axel/Lea as a character is concerned, I don't really think he needs to be involved in the series much more anyway. He got his happy ending with getting Isa, Xion and Roxas now back into this life. He didn't seem to care much for Subject X (atleast not nearly as much as Isa) so Isa could be more involved now. Either recast or just regulate the character to a cameo/non-speaking role.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
How disappointing and disgusting. Unfortunately the VA community is teeming with creeps, some just hide it better than others.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
That audio is so gross. All of my sympath to the victims.
So far the only VA I've seen acknowledge this is Sean Chiplock sadly.

Lulcy

Awards
Completely appalled that some people out there are using "none of this looks illegal" as a defense for his shitty actions.

Soldier

Awards
*watches video*
Well, I guess this might reduce Axel's insane popularity a bit.
In all honesty, I hated Axel when he exploded in popularity, getting insane amounts of merchandise despite being a pretty mediocre fighter/character overall. He outshines most of the organization and the little jab he said in KH 3 I think "too many people like me to see me gone" just rubbed me the wrong way. Why can't they focus their energies on more Demyx merch? Ryan O'Donohue has done nothing wrong!
Also, the fact that he abuses his power to bend his fans to his will is personally disgusting, The guy's a few steps away from being the next Shane Dawson folks, let that sink in.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What did he say/do? I don't want to listen and taint Axel in KH every time I hear him.

I wonder if they will write Axel out because of this?

pastel.goblin

Awards
This is so disappointing :confused: I met him forever ago at a con before I even knew who he was and he seemed so nice. I haven't listened to the audio, I don't need that shit in my life.

That said I really don't think Nomura's going to write the character out of the series just because the english VA is garbage.

Nukara

Awards
Guys, maybe it is not necessary because of the actions of his VA (In addition, the English-speaking VA) to water Axel with slops. Whatever his English-speaking VA does, it shouldn't be about the Japanese fans who love Axel and Nomura's vision of this character in the future.
This is why I always separate VA from their characters.
Although I still hope that the situation will be resolved as with the voice actor Aida. (Even though I don't know all the details of what Flynn did there) In any case, it will not affect my love for Axel as a character. Since I follow the series in Japanese too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back