• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, Quinton Flinn should be axed from the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise. Have Reno's VA from FF7R replace him or find someone else entirely. It's bad enough that he was MAGA (nationalist and cultist of a personality, values that go against the founding of the Nation), but now he's a predator. Yikes.

In terms of Axel's relevance in the future of KH: yes, the Japanese VA died, but the Subject X plot line is too important for both Lea and Isa. But I feel that, once that plot line has been resolved, they might axe AXEl (lol) and have Isa carry out the rest of the plot line or downright just cut both of them out.

With how bloated the KH spotlight is already, Nomura has enough incentive to do just that.

And that's without adding the Verum Rex characters.

May-Jor

Awards
I wouldn't rule out Nomura axing off Axel in the future, since his JP VA is dead and they tend to be very sensitive about replacing roles like that.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I wouldn't rule out Nomura axing off Axel in the future, since his JP VA is dead and they tend to be very sensitive about replacing roles like that.

Eh. They may keep him quiet for a while, but they replaced Xehanort and Vexen, not to mention that sooner or later they'll have to replace Goofy.

Nukara

Awards
Actually I'm more interested in Quinton Flynn's reaction to this whole incident right now. Given his activity on twitter, he should definitely react to all of this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually I'm more interested in Quinton Flynn's reaction to this whole incident right now. Given his activity on twitter, he should definitely react to all of this.

Rumor has it that he isn’t even the one managing his accounts but a family member in the UK.

Nukara

Awards
Yeah, Quinton Flinn should be axed from the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise. Have Reno's VA from FF7R replace him or find someone else entirely. It's bad enough that he was MAGA (nationalist and cultist of a personality, values that go against the founding of the Nation), but now he's a predator. Yikes.

In terms of Axel's relevance in the future of KH: yes, the Japanese VA died, but the Subject X plot line is too important for both Lea and Isa. But I feel that, once that plot line has been resolved, they might axe AXEl (lol) and have Isa carry out the rest of the plot line or downright just cut both of them out.

With how bloated the KH spotlight is already, Nomura has enough incentive to do just that.

And that's without adding the Verum Rex characters.
How does Quinton Flynn relate to Axel as a character?
He just dubs it into English. Whatever wrong the VA does, it shouldn't affect Axel's role and relevance as the third most popular character after Sora and Roxas in Japan. VA can always be replaced with another, but deleting one of the best characters just because his English-speaking dubbing voice (!) Is not a very good person. , stupid and wrong.
It is not Nomura's fault that such a person fell into the voice acting of this character.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I mean, in more detail, what does it all mean?
It means he has a relative who works for peanuts to be his PR manager.

This is…well not so much shock to me as it is…ambivalence, for a lack of better word. Maybe apathy? Acceptance and resignation? I could hardly care less about his political affiliation, but hmmm…being a creep, with that mug no less. My stomach dropped a bit. I have to say, I’m not surprised by celebrity circles using social media to scratch that itch, but to do so with an intent of sexual predation and emotional manipulation, it’s quite…hnnn…sad. I feel bad for his victims and some disappointment that he would do such things.

SuperNova

Awards
Axel was never my favorite character, but sweet Nomura this is disgusting. Get Reno's voice actor to replace him or something please Quinton Flynn needs to be removed (n) (n) (n)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nothing. I'm just outlining possible scenarios.

I mean, in more detail, what does it all mean?
That he may not even be aware of the issue and/or he doesn't care to the point that he doesn't personally react on social media nor takes to time to involve himself in social media.

It means he has a relative who works for peanuts to be his PR manager.
Social Media Manager =/= Public Relations Manager

But I wouldn't doubt that the same family member that manages his social media is also the same one that manages his public relations.

disney233

Awards
Nothing, but Axel is now sullied by that disgusting voice. Whatever like I have for him is gone, and I couldn't care less what happens with the subject X plot. Not like it'll change my initial opinion about trios becoming bland.

2 quid is good

Awards
I can't bring myself to listen to that file but I've been feeling sick to my stomach looking at my friends reactions to all of this.

It's not okay for anyone to be a sex pest and it'd be real nice if men could figure that out.

My words might seem bland but God I'm raging on the inside and just don't have the stomach to deal with these types of topics, it hits too close for that

WaltK

Awards
To the people saying Axel should be shelved because of this, tell me; how would you feel if your favourite character from some other movie, show, game, or whatever, was shelved because their, let’s say, French voice actor, or German voice actor, turned out to be scummy? How would you feel if that favourite character was suddenly exiled from the series all because of a voice actor in a foreign dub that means nothing to you?

Would suck pretty hard, wouldn’t it?

I’m sure it’d suck for the creator too. “Hey so this character you’ve been putting a lot of work and development into and who everybody loves, we want them gone now. Oh it’s nothing you’ve done, it’s just our VA for them did something bad and now we can’t listen to them without associating the two. Yeah it sucks for all the international fans out there who don’t even hear our dub, but those are the breaks.”

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
VAs can be easily replaced, so long as the voice has some likeness. Without the intention to bait, take a look at Hayden. Granted Kairi sounds a lot more childish with Alyson now, but it still works. Let’s not forget MX. Three of his VAs are six feet under the ground. Well two of them, the Japanese VA is most likely cremated.

Point being, while fans can be attached to the VA for the characters they typecast, they’re not really that irreplaceable unless it’s an all-star cast (which KH used to be, admittedly).

Listening to the recording creeped me out though. Dirty talk can be sexy, but definitely not like that. That was…what would be the right word for it? Something other than creepy. Meh…😑

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
Y'know what...I'm overreacting. Flynn is deplorable, detestable, and downright scummy. This is just another case of another celebrity abusing their status. And it's...pretty common with voice acting, but...I'm a dumbass for taking it out on Axel himself. Granted, he's not my least favorite anymore, but....eh, the character himself shouldn't be axed given the character has nothing to do with this. I'll disassociate myself between character and voice actor, but who the hell wants to hear Axel's past voice work after....this? This whole thing is just stupid, but hey. That's the disease of a world we live in.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It is a shame Axel's character is taking a hit for this. My reasons for frowning on the character have nothing to do with this situation. But this being used as a excuse to get rid of Axel's character is pretty sad, especially if they do have something in mind for him with the Subject X thing. I have zero interest in Isa doing it solo, so if not even one of the Sea-Salt gang is involved, I couldn't care less about this plot. Granted, I doubt Nomura cares about foregin VAs. He still had Hades in KH3 right?

I'm glad I didn't listen to the recording and I never will. I don't ever want to hear what he said. Just replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back