• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Is there actually evidence of these acts that are being carried out by him?
If not, then people need to stop with your whining and shut up.

Someone just close this thread already.

Weird that the audio of him whispering about playing with a fan's pussy didn't squick you out. I don't think it's a stretch to say that a fair slice of KH fans are insecure young people, and his repeated flirting and seeking personal (sexual) relationships with them in DMs and beyond is definitely predatory.

Soldier

Awards
Just read about him. God, that is a lot. They removed him from several media.
Well, if you do coke in Japan, you get kicked like a can. (to the curb). Honestly I'm not the biggest supporter of drug use (and never will be) but it's understandable that a lot of companies would patch him out. KH 3 is a game that leans more toward children (at least I thought so) especially in worlds like Frozen.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I’ve been wondering, when something is finally done about this, would it be worth it for Square to patch him out of KH3?

The Japanese version already did it once (Pierre Taki).
They should hire a new guy, heavily investigate him and do multiple background checks to make sure he is not horrible, then patch all of Axel's voice work in KHreCOM, KH2, Days etc and remove Quinton so that we never pay for him and no one will ever pay for him again. Or maybe he can be terminated from his contracts so he makes no money from future sales of KH?

May-Jor

Awards
It's so odd seeing some of the other VA's reactions to the whole situation. They'll virtue signal about how they support Metoo, BLM, etc. but the moment one of their friends gets into trouble that all goes out the window. It only matters when it involves someone the industry seems to unanimously hate and apparently Flynn is pretty beloved, despite being a massive chud.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Hm, today I saw that main twitter account calling him out mentioning how the cast of Metal Gear Solid didn't invite him to some kind of video reunion. And then one of the VAs liked the tweet that pointed this out so it seems intentional that they excluded him.

I don't think it's the whole industry, but yeah. Chuds defend chuds.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
They should hire a new guy, heavily investigate him and do multiple background checks to make sure he is not horrible, then patch all of Axel's voice work in KHreCOM, KH2, Days etc and remove Quinton so that we never pay for him and no one will ever pay for him again. Or maybe he can be terminated from his contracts so he makes no money from future sales of KH?
Kind of hard to do when you consider the insane amount of merch that they gave Axel over the years. Off the top of my head, there are like, 5 sets from Diamond Select Toys that have Axel figures in them, not to mention his presence as a Funko POP! when no one else in the organization recieved one.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
The only va I know that acknowledged it was dean chiplock and he didn't mention of by name.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Are you saying Quinton gets money from *anything* to do with Axel? Even if it’s something that doesn’t require his voice?
I don't think that's how it works. The character predates Quinton's involvement, so it would be weird, if he gets anything from the sales of figures and such.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Quinton is not under contract to voice Axel. The original characters are not treated like the Disney characters.

Disney has contracts with the voices of their Disney characters to be given first choice to reprise their roles. They can say yes or no, and if they say no Disney will contact an alternate to fill in for the role. This process will happen every time Disney has something they need to have a vocal performance for. They have some clauses about royalties in their contracts depending on the actor and the type of media they are using their voice for.

There are layers to that too because certain voice actors for characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pooh, Yen-Sid, etc. are all employed by Disney as well so you have career Cast members.

The original characters’ voice actors have to be asked back, and there is no guarantee they will (i.e. your favorite situation with Hayden and Alyson), or they will even have them audition again (i.e. something hush hush in regards to some certain VAs that did not make it back into KH3). They do not get paid royalties from KH. They get paid at their standard industry rates set by SAG-AFTRA.

Now what we pay for is the development costs SE/Disney pay plus the money that will be used to work on the next project, which is in turn how we as the fans are paying for the voice actors.

So SE/Disney, and then—through us buying the games—fans have already paid for the previous games. The point is that we shouldn’t be assisting in paying for Quinton in the future.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Quinton is not under contract to voice Axel. The original characters are not treated like the Disney characters.

Disney has contracts with the voices of their Disney characters to be given first choice to reprise their roles. They can say yes or no, and if they say no Disney will contact an alternate to fill in for the role. This process will happen every time Disney has something they need to have a vocal performance for. They have some clauses about royalties in their contracts depending on the actor and the type of media they are using their voice for.

There are layers to that too because certain voice actors for characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pooh, Yen-Sid, etc. are all employed by Disney as well so you have career Cast members.

The original characters’ voice actors have to be asked back, and there is no guarantee they will (i.e. your favorite situation with Hayden and Alyson), or they will even have them audition again (i.e. something hush hush in regards to some certain VAs that did not make it back into KH3). They do not get paid royalties from KH. They get paid at their standard industry rates set by SAG-AFTRA.

Now what we pay for is the development costs SE/Disney pay plus the money that will be used to work on the next project, which is in turn how we as the fans are paying for the voice actors.

So SE/Disney, and then—through us buying the games—fans have already paid for the previous games. The point is that we shouldn’t be assisting in paying for Quinton in the future.
Yeah but they can pay someone to replace all of Quinton's past work. I don't want to hear this man voicing Axel in some of my favourite scenes. I guess I can just forget that it's him and just think "it's Axel", but it will always be in the back of my mind. Hopefully Disney never hires him again and blacklists him.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Art is a product of its time. I disagree with retrospective action to cleanse stuff from old work. Cultural conservation is of vital import.

However, it would be a shocking dereliction of duty if he's ever hired again. Completely unforgivable.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think his voice should be replaced for new media or if they redo older scenes in new graphics.

Redubbing (unless the previous voice was REALLY bad) doesn't usually come out that well in my opinion. Prime example, some redubbed scenes of Baggonort. I'm not one of those people that hates the new VA, but it's quite clear the dubbing of old lines from KH1 were just not good. He cannot replicate that mood or that scene. The voices are just too different in almost every way.

The new VA has really come into his own and I don't mind him. But I wouldn't like it if they reedited the entirety of KH1 with his voice in it. What's done is done.

And sorry if I'm not naming names. I don't remember their names.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Who or what is “Baggonort”?

Ansem SoD because he wears a bag.

Ansem%2C_Seeker_of_Darkness-_Secret_Place_Appearance_KH.png

WaltK

Awards
Oh.

Well then, when Axel gets a new voice, redubbing old lines in future games would be a given regardless of the circumstances.

With Ansem SoD/Baggonort, they could, theoretically, have kept Billy Zane’s performance when they reused his scenes in KH2, but they didn’t, because they wanted to maintain consistency.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Oh.

Well then, when Axel gets a new voice, redubbing old lines in future games would be a given regardless of the circumstances.

With Ansem SoD/Baggonort, they could, theoretically, have kept Billy Zane’s performance when they reused his scenes in KH2, but they didn’t, because they wanted to maintain consistency.

Consistency in Kingdom Hearts :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note. There's a crucial difference between going back to decades-old games in some sort of revisionist history crusade and dubbing (not really redubbing, is it) flashbacks to historical scenes in future games (which will almost certainly be reanimated anyway).

Thought experiment: If they went back and Ministry of Truth'ed the best acting performance in KH history so that Birth By Sleep Xehanort could be consistent with the "performance" of him in the latest titles, would this be OK in the name of consistency? Of course not. And I'd legit look into whether those responsible could be tried under some obscure and forgotten common law dating back to the 16th century or something.

Then again, this is George Lucas mk2 we're talking about, so..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back